Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Number-LL
    Vet
    • Jan 2012

I went to the doctor today and got a bunch of blood drawn to check my thyroid levels, CBC, E2, Ferrtin. Going next week to get the yearly lipids, CMP, PSA. I wasn't fasting so decided to wait on these. The nurse got my pulse at 88 and the doctor got 100. So it is coming down but I would like to see it a little lower. Maybe I was still fighting an infection but we will see if my thyroid hormone levels are jacked up.

My doctor also suggested upping my magnesium dose and offered me more magnesium IV treatments if I wanted them. I tested low in magnesium about 5 years old so I did an IV of magnesium every week for 10 weeks and since then have maintained with tablets. I may do a few to see what happens. They do relax you kind of like drinking a beer or two.
    I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• peachfuzz
      Vet
      • Dec 2011

Cool keep us updated

Comment

• Number-LL
        Vet
        • Jan 2012

I went in to do a fasting lipids, CMP, and glucose test today and get my labs back from last Thursday.

Red blood cells high-why I was trying to give blood but got turned away.

Estradiol is very low. This surprised me but it was 4 days after my last shot. Taking 100mg of Test Cyp twice a week and 1/2mg Adex twice a week. I will probably drop to 1/4mg twice a week. I tested E2 at 62 without Adex.

I'm not sure why he didn't check T3 but T4 was just a little over mid range so I don't think it is my thyroid meds.

I have added in more Magnesium supplements and signed up for an IV of magnesium on Thursday. That stuff relaxes the Hell out of you. I will try a few weeks of magnesium IVs along with the extra tablets and see if the pulse comes down.

I will post the final tests up after I get them Thursday.

I guess if nothing obvious shows up in the test I will need to see a cardiologist.
        Attached Files

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• Glycomann

I'm surprised your doc didn't check your electrolytes. also your red cells are pretty high. I'm also surprised he didn't check your Hct. When your red cells are high it can give you some cardiac symptoms. How is your blood pressure?

Comment

• Number-LL
            Vet
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Glycomann
            I'm surprised your doc didn't check your electrolytes. also your red cells are pretty high. I'm also surprised he didn't check your Hct. When your red cells are high it can give you some cardiac symptoms. How is your blood pressure?
            Not sure what Hct is. Hematocrit? He tested that.

Aren't electrolytes checked in a CMP? I got that done today.

Blood pressure is pretty good. At the red cross a week an half ago it was 122/80 and the nurse got 130/82 last Thursday.

Comment

• Glycomann

CMP, i don't know. Labs all call them something different. what does it stand for? Chemistry panel? probobly then.

Comment

• Number-LL
                Vet
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Glycomann
                CMP, i don't know. Labs all call them something different. what does it stand for? Chemistry panel? probobly then.
                I had to look it up to remember.

A comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) is a blood test that provides information about:

how the kidney and liver are functioning
                sugar (glucose) and protein levels in the blood
                the body's electrolyte and fluid balance
                Why It's Done
                A CMP may be ordered as part of routine medical exam or physical, or to help diagnose conditions such as diabetes, or liver or kidney disease. The CMP may also be used to monitor chronic conditions, or when a patient is taking medications that can cause certain side effects.

The CMP helps evaluate:

Glucose, a type of sugar used by the body for energy. Abnormal levels can indicate diabetes or hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
                Calcium, which plays an important role in muscle contraction, transmitting messages through the nerves, and the release of hormones. Elevated or decreased calcium levels may indicate a hormone imbalance or problems with the kidneys, bones, or pancreas.
                Albumin and total blood protein, which are needed to build and maintain muscles, bones, blood, and organ tissue. The CMP measures albumin specifically (the major blood protein produced by the liver), as well as the amount of all proteins in the blood. Low levels may indicate liver or kidney disease or nutritional problems.
                Sodium, potassium, carbon dioxide, and chloride (electrolytes), which help regulate the body's fluid levels and its acid-base balance. They also play a role in regulating heart rhythm, muscle contraction, and brain function. Abnormal levels also may occur with heart disease, kidney disease, or dehydration.
                Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and creatinine, which are waste products filtered out of the blood by the kidneys. Increased concentrations in the blood may signal a decrease in kidney function.
                Alkaline phosphatase (ALP), alanine amino transferase (ALT), aspartate amino transferase (AST), and bilirubin; ALP, ALT, and AST are liver enzymes; bilirubin is produced by the liver. Elevated concentrations may indicate liver dysfunction.

Comment

Working...