irongirl's off season journal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irongirl

........oh yeah, the only thing i see wrong in your lower body area are your calfs, not your thighs. i think you need to bring both quad and hams up.
    Really? You don't think that it will overpower my upper body? That has been a problem. And I can't add much more mass to my upper body being natural. Nothing with me is ever easy..lol..

O my, I'm still taking in the pic lol
    I'll take that as a compliment

Comment

• irongirl

Cardio outside this morning x 40 minutes. Doing cardio again this evening at the gym. These few extra pounds gotta go!!

Comment

• irongirl

Hey guys, I'd like some opinions on this. My shoulders are weak point, and I was htinking of switching up some of the exercises to give it a try. I was thinking of keeping the shoulder press machine exercise, and trying Arnold presses and Clean and Press.

And mpresiv, what about Hamstring Leg Press- can I do that one?

And one more thing- who's a computer whiz and can possibly help me with why I can't e-mail a video taken with my digital camera? I also tried to upload it to putfile.com and it won't do that either. Why the hell not?? I'm pissed.

Comment

• irongirl

Ok, I didn't do cardio the second time yesterday, and didn't do it this morning cause it was pissing down rain But today is leg day so it'll be a good workout for sure. I'll post it later tonight.

Comment

• PTAaron

Personally I'm not a fan of arnold presses anymore... mainly because they are confusing to do, and turning your wrists really doesn't make the exercise more effective at hitting the muscle from a biomechanical standpoint. Just my opinion though.

Exercises I really like are: hanging clean and press, smith maching front press, and smith machine press behind the head to top of ear level (any lower is dangerous) - but then again my delts are not exactly a strong point (they look decent in rear double bicep, but any front pose and they vanish).

Comment

• PTAaron

Originally posted by irongirl
              And one more thing- who's a computer whiz and can possibly help me with why I can't e-mail a video taken with my digital camera? I also tried to upload it to putfile.com and it won't do that either. Why the hell not?? I'm pissed.
              How big is the file, and what is the file type?

Try using rapidshare.com and yousendit.com ... one of those is bound to work.

Comment

• Jester
                VET
                • May 2004

Originally posted by PTAaron
                Exercises I really like are: hanging clean and press, smith maching front press, and smith machine press behind the head to top of ear level (any lower is dangerous) -
                I like theses too... and the dumbell press... seated and standing.

You're doing great IG....

I got pink and black on the brain today... whew.

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks guys! Anyone have a comment on the Clean and Press?

So black and pink are your favorite colors are they Jes? :devil1:

Soooo, trained this afternoon. My knees are fucking killing me. Tomorrow will be torture

DB curls
                  (LT) 30 x 8/6/6
                  (TT) 35 x 3, then 30 x 6/5/5

Going up 5 lbs didn't quite work out as planned

Hammer curls
                  (LT) 20 x 12
                  (TT) 25 x 12

Lying ham curls
                  45 x 15
                  60 x 15
                  75 x 10

Smith machine lunges (mpresive, you called them stationary bar lunges, so this is what I did. Is that what you meant?)

# are the pounds on the bar

1st set did first leg with 50 lbs, 2nd leg with 40..lol..15 reps each side
                  2nd set- 30 x 15
                  3rd set- 30 x 15

Smith machine squats (legs completely together, about 1 foot in front of me)

70 x 10
                  70 x 10
                  80 x 10

Leg press
                  180 x 12
                  200 x 12
                  200 x 12

Leg press calf raises
                  90 x 15
                  90 x 15

Just as well I had no weight on there! But I don't want the friggers to grow

The lunges just killed my knee and the squats did them in all together. The will get used to it though. Lots of Ibuprofen

Aaron, what do you suggest I do with them? Ice afterwards? I haven't worn the patellar strap- I have having to use anything for support. I have wraps- would that help?

I'm starved- gotta go eat!! Diet is perfectly clean today!!

Comment

• goes4ever
                    • Sep 2004

looking good, solid workout

Comment

• PTAaron

Originally posted by irongirl
                      Aaron, what do you suggest I do with them? Ice afterwards? I haven't worn the patellar strap- I have having to use anything for support. I have wraps- would that help?
                      First off - nice looking workout! Great job.

Second - For all patellar tendonitis type problems I have my patients do ice massage and friction massage. Future always teases me because that is my typical answer for when something hurts... but it works!
                      Basically you want to rub ice directly over the area that hurts the most for 5 minutes, then do cross fiber friction massage over the area, then ice massage again for 3 minutes. Do that once a day - and do just plain ice massage at least one other time during the day (I like to say 3-4 times per day, but I know that isn't realistic for most people).
                      That should help with getting the irritation down. And definitely ice after working out.
                      Wraps may help - or may irritate it more because of the compression, I find that they help me most of the time though.

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks g4e!

Thanks Aaron!! I will really try to do the ice/massage. I know it's just flared up because of the squatting again. It will settle down, but it's quite annoying, and walking up stairs is painful.

I've only worn wraps a couple times and hated it cause it's such an uncomfortable feeling. I'll only try them if it gets worse.

On a good note, I just got up and it doesn't hurt at all!! Yet, anyway. I'm off to do cardio so we'll see.

Comment

• irongirl

Cardio this morning...30 minutes on elliptical.

Ok, my butt is sore today...I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like But it's a good feeling. I hope to hell it all tightens up rock hard!!

The World Qualifier is August 5th in Toronto!! YAY!! I have never been there. Just over 9 months away. This will be my 4th competition since I started- in less than 2 years. I was thinking that I would only do the WQ next year, but the Heavyweights classic is 5-6 weeks after it....soooo, maybe I'll do both? It'll kill me to sit in the audience and watch it. We'll see. It all depends on my conditionng at the WQ.

Comment

• PTAaron

I know that feeling... when you don't want to sit because your glutes are too sore... I love it!

I'm impressed with your ambition - I had always thought it would be 'fun' to do a competition, but after going to a lot of them as a spectator - I have come to the conclusion that I really wouldn't have much of a chance on stage. You on the other hand, look awesome on stage - I can't wait to see the transformation from now til then for you!

Comment

• irongirl

Wow, Aaron, thanks so much! That just made my day As you know, I was not happy with my conditioning for the last show, so it's a priority this time around. I am hoping the transformation will be more dramatic this time.

Another thing to keep me motivated this time is the fact that I will (hopefully) have sponsors/fundraisers to help me out. And I cannot let them down.

I have come to the conclusion that I really wouldn't have much of a chance on stage
                              I think you sell yourself short. All it takes is the decision that you ARE gonna do it. And, like everyone keeps reminding me, the fact that you did what it takes to get up there is what matters. Not how you place I personally highly recommend it- it is an awesome sense of accomplishment to know you had the balls to do it. Not many people can say that. I did it initially to see if I had what it took. Now I'm just hooked!!

Comment

• PTAaron

Glad to help out!

And, like everyone keeps reminding me, the fact that you did what it takes to get up there is what matters. Not how you place
                                You are absolutely right... I'm just looking at it from the perspective that I know I don't have what it takes to place well (short biceps, thick knees that make my calves look tiny... and the fact that at my height I should be 230 or more in contest shape to look "big" in a local show) ... and it would be hard to stay motivated to diet and prepare properly with that in the back of my mind. Add to that the fact that I've got "body image" issues already (still feel like I weigh 140 when I weigh 245)... seems like a poor choice We'll see though... if I can pack on a few more pounds of muscle in the right places working with IH I may change my mind. Sorry about the little highjack there!

Comment

Working...