Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Competition Discussion > Competition
User Name
Password

Old 11-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #1
pumpsiron

Question hey guys... I got a question for the vets out there

I am about 20 weeks away from a show. I'll be competing in the light weight division. I am about 15 pounds over what I need to be at competion. I am progressing nicely, but I feel that when it is all said and done, I will be about 5-10 pounds lighter than my cutoff weight in 20 weeks. does this matter? Should I risk going in a little light, or maintain my competition weight and sacrafice the really ripped look? I would like to hear from you all as to what you would do in a situation like this one.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud of
Old 11-20-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
White Knight 96

if you worried about going in light start your contest prep a little later, you can adjust the cardio to how fast or slow your dropping the bf, i wouldn't want to come in light because you will get over powered by the other guys in the class

Just my .02
Old 11-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
pumpsiron

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight 96
if you worried about going in light start your contest prep a little later, you can adjust the cardio to how fast or slow your dropping the bf, i wouldn't want to come in light because you will get over powered by the other guys in the class

Just my .02
I appreciate your veiw. and I think I may have to do that, because the last thing I want to do is look too damn small. I am 5' 7 1/2, so, I really need to be at my best and weigh in at the exact or near my cutoff weight. no more than a pound or two short should do. I am starting to ease my routine into the concentration zone, or the area where I am adding maybe two reps to a set, and lightening up the weight maybe 10 to 20 pounds for example. Any other insight??? I need all the help I can get to not be mad a fool of out there. I do have a person guiding the way, so I am not totally alone, but the more knowledge I aquire, the better.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:07 AM   #5
White Knight 96

Yea bro i would def. come in as heavy as you can a buddy of mine just did the East Cost NPC event in NYC and came in 5th he came in ripped at 215 but the class went to 227 i think so he got over powered and even though he looked very dry and dense its just competing with the mass put him in 5th place. He said next show he will come in a lot heavier approx 225.

Other then what i said before i really don't have much for ya bro Sorry
Old 11-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #6
rippedfreak
Banned

rippedfreak is on a distinguished road
bumpity dumpity
rippedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 06:32 AM   #7
IBBAdmin

keep a close eye on your carb intake,,,You may want to raise it a bit or cut back on cardio ,,as you get closer you may need to adjust
Old 11-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpsiron
I appreciate your veiw. and I think I may have to do that, because the last thing I want to do is look too damn small. I am 5' 7 1/2, so, I really need to be at my best and weigh in at the exact or near my cutoff weight. no more than a pound or two short should do. I am starting to ease my routine into the concentration zone, or the area where I am adding maybe two reps to a set, and lightening up the weight maybe 10 to 20 pounds for example. Any other insight??? I need all the help I can get to not be mad a fool of out there. I do have a person guiding the way, so I am not totally alone, but the more knowledge I aquire, the better.

Concentrate with the heavier weight strict 6-12 reps per set. You start going lighter, superset etc, and you will sure as shit lose muscle bigtime. I see guys do this and screw up all the time.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #9
cjas

cjas is on a distinguished road
Iagree, just because you're now in pre-comp training doesn't mean lighten up on the wieghts. Heavy lifting builds muscle, diet and cardio cuts you up.
cjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
Deacon
Vet

Deacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really nice
10-12 reps with as much weight as you can handle will do it

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #11
pumpsiron

I like this board damnit. Straight forward answers and quick responses. Thanks guys
Old 01-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
pumpsiron

VEEJAY...... U R his idol, i am his protege.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:27 AM   #13
liftsiron
Administrator

Quote:
VEEJAY...... U R his idol, i am his protege.

Bottom line you both look up to me for advice and inspiration.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #14
pumpsiron

14 weeks out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #15
DADAWG
Vet

DADAWG is a jewel in the roughDADAWG is a jewel in the roughDADAWG is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
14 weeks out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how many pounds to go now ?