Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Health and medical articles
User Name
Password

Old 01-21-2024, 05:59 AM   #1
jrod

jrod will become famous soon enough
If anyone suffers from back pain

I found this online also. They are doing clinical trials.

https://www.spinebiopharma.com/sb-01
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 02:59 PM   #2
OldSwellin
VET

OldSwellin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post

Very cool info. Thanks for the link
OldSwellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 04:24 PM   #3
Silntrunin
VET

Silntrunin is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Interesting. You go to the clinical trials site and you get a huge banner from good ole uncle sam how they don't approve the safety and science of the studies on that site. lol

As someone with chronic back pain I'll be looking into this a little deeper. Thanks for the share.
Silntrunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 04:31 PM   #4
BigTex
VET

BigTex is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Thanks for the link. I just sent them an email.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:14 AM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Something for our peptide companies to look into. I believe that so many peptides work great.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:32 PM   #6
BigTex
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
Something for our peptide companies to look into. I believe that so many peptides work great.

I had already looked at this peptide when it was in schedule I and II. So I ask my friend in China about getting it synthesized and he said at this time, there was no market for it and the cost would be very high. Maybe after it complete schedule III and IV there will be more interest in it.

My back is destroyed and getting worse every year. I hope these people get back with me.

Update, they did give me a call last night and left a voice mail. So I will be talking with them some time today......I got an appointment for the MRI etc testing next week. I have been approved to participate in the study. Thanks for the link @jrod

Last edited by BigTex; 01-25-2024 at 11:35 AM..
Old 01-25-2024, 02:31 PM   #7
BigTex
VET

Here is how this peptide works

SB-01 is a 7-amino acid peptide that binds to and antagonizes TGFβ1 activity. TGFβ1 is an inflammatory cytokine which is often highly expressed in the degenerated discs (Peng 2006). High TGFβ1 levels within a diseased disc is associated with inflammation, pain mediation, and the degradation of extracellular matrix, causing the disc to lose structural integrity. SB-01 treatment consists of a single intradiscal injection of the diseased disc and antagonizes the overexpression of TGFβ1, which decreases inflammation, pain mediation and promotes the production of extracellular matrix, which improves the structural integrity of the diseased disc (Kwon 2013).

Edit - I got dropped from the clinical trial. Because I had a DVT two years ago, I have to tale a blood thinner called Eliquis. They thought it would be a very high risk having me not take the drug while having the spinal injection. If I stayed on Eliquis and had the spinal injection, it could cause a blood clot in the spine. So even if this peptide works, I will not be able to use it.

Last edited by BigTex; 01-30-2024 at 12:33 PM..