Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Over 50 and beyond.
User Name
Password

Old 02-22-2021, 08:19 AM   #1
hrpiii3
VET

hrpiii3 is on a distinguished road
Feels good to be back ....mostly

I love coming in here and seeing all the great knowledge being shared, the different topics, and most of all, the experience in so many things from this crew.

I have been swamped with work, as I work in Healthcare, and was out for a while due to having Aortic Valve replacement due to a birth defect. Something me and the cardiologist had been watching for many years and it finally got to the point of needing to do something. It was not because I was having ANY symptoms at all.

Procedure went very well, and wanted to share a few bits from being in the hospital for 6 days. Like many 'over' 50 (I'll be 55 in a couple months), I was in great shape for this procedure. In such good shape, I was having NO signs of that valve closing, it kind of shocked the Cardiologist and staff that I was still pulling 500 lbs and not getting light headed or blood pressure falling through the floor. Needless to say, the very next day after surgery, I walked to the stepdown unit. It was a challenge, but I did it. Also, the cardiologist bitched, as it took him an extra couple hours to get through all my pec muscle. I did not have to cracked the sternum open for a mechanical valve, I had a newly available soft valve replaced that should last 16-18 years (also no blood thinners or any other medication). The procedure normally takes 3 hours, for me, it was 6 hours and being on by-pass for 3 hours.

I was recovering so well, the last two days in the hospital, the Physical Therapist nor the Respiratory Therapist no longer needed to come and check on me. I was up walking around without any issue with blood pressure, and my breathing was strong, using full lung functions.

Also, wanted to share some first hand stuff about me an anabolics. Been running cycles or TRT for the over 15 years. Leading up to the procedure, you know they look at your heart about 5 different ways to know what they are getting into. My heart, arteries, veins and everything else around that area was in great shape. Did not need any stints or no blockages, but that stupid bicuspid valve from birth that was slowly closing.

I was back to work 5 weeks after surgery. Back in the gym, being smart and slowly learning where my body was at 9 weeks after surgery, and slowly increasing those weights weekly.

Those that know me, I am a professional wrestler (like WWE) on weekends, and I was back in the ring 13 weeks after surgery, going at it about 80%.

I feel great. I know I am still recovering. My cardiologist said I would gradually be back lifting what my body would allow me to do, no restrictions on weights. If nothing else, I know all that work in the gym, all those hours of lifting, pushing and being in "good" shape paid off. I know I would of never recovered like I did. The cardiologist was wonderful, his staff was extremely nice and respectful and they really enjoyed learning from someone at my age, and my shape to see how things came out. They are usually working on 70 year olds with other physical conditions.

Feels good to be back to normal, working my ass off, being back in the gym, back in the ring, and enjoying life.

I have many great stories from being in the hospital, but those could be for another time. I have a great personality, and the staff really enjoyed talking and getting to know me.

Hank/Hammer

Last edited by hrpiii3; 02-22-2021 at 10:18 AM..
hrpiii3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #2
Rebornlite
VET

Rebornlite is on a distinguished road
Great success story. Glad you are doing well.
Rebornlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:03 PM   #3
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Hey. Welcome back and glad to hear the surgery went well brother!!!
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:09 AM   #4
HDH

HDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the rough
Welcome back bud.
HDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:50 AM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Good to see you back bro.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:24 PM   #6
hrpiii3
VET

hrpiii3 is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone!! I'm glad to be back and help and share where I can.
hrpiii3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:01 PM   #7
zillagraybeard
VET

zillagraybeard is on a distinguished road
Glad that your back and ready to train. Just be careful.
zillagraybeard is offline   Reply With Quote