X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irish_2003
    Vet
    • Oct 2011

Stepson's first event

My stepson has been lifting almost a year...he made varsity powerlifting as a freshman 14 years...Saturday was his first invitational...a couple fouls moving feet on squat and bench but he at least got all 3 lifts recorded...220 weight class he weighed 202 and finished 300/225/375 on the day...next meet is Jan 14...I allow him creatine and protein which he buys both with his own money...also 3.5gpa and busses tables 25 hours a week at a restaurant here owned by a former nfl lineman...football and powerlifting is what he wants to do so obviously I fully support him

Several 275ers were squatting low 600s boys and high 500s girls
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

Very good for him to oursue his passion and have parents that support him without doing it for him. And not at all bad lifts for a 14 year old. !!!

Comment

• Q-BaLL
      VET
      • Apr 2004

Always good to hear about the younger ones getting into the sport.. Just make sure he learns the importance of warming up. I see so many young kids today that don't warm up at all

Comment

• irish_2003
        Vet
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Q-BaLL
        Always good to hear about the younger ones getting into the sport.. Just make sure he learns the importance of warming up. I see so many young kids today that don't warm up at all
        I tried to upload a clip of his squat but it failed upload...coach is doing a good job with the kids both boys and the girl lifters...good form...I'm hands off with his sports...coaches coach, players play, and parents support from the stands and food ans car rides lol

Comment

• Pooh6369
          VET
          • Oct 2019

Originally posted by irish_2003
          I tried to upload a clip of his squat but it failed upload...coach is doing a good job with the kids both boys and the girl lifters...good form...I'm hands off with his sports...coaches coach, players play, and parents support from the stands and food ans car rides lol
          That's so great to hear your hands off approach, the last thing they need to hear is a parent going off on them. And he's working a great GPA sounds pretty fucking awesome the job he's doing. And great parenting from you!!

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Pooh6369
            That's so great to hear your hands off approach, the last thing they need to hear is a parent going off on them. And he's working a great GPA sounds pretty fucking awesome the job he's doing. And great parenting from you!!
            I agree.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• preist943
              VET
              • Apr 2018

congrats to him . not many young people are into power lifting and such these days .

Comment

• MindlessWork
                • Aug 2011

Well done for that young man, and his motivation will keep him going for sure.
                “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

Working...