What are you thankful for?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demigod
    • Feb 2018

Family and friends of course.... and health.

Comment

• Ms.Wetback
      VET
      • Feb 2023

Family is #1 before EVERYTHING else

Originally posted by Paramuscle
      Thats a tough question. I think for me, the obvious and easy answer is my family. I never had much of a childhood and to say it was rough would be a gross understatement. My childhood never taught me what being a good parent was but it did teach me what bad parents were and I knew that my children would never endure the things that I did. I used the trauma of those childhood experiences as a catalyst for change. I became a good father and husband because they taught me what the opposite of that was like and I knew in my heart that my children could have a better life.

My children have never known the things that I did. They have never seen any of those things and they are great kids. I have 3 that are amazing and I am so very happy and proud of them. My wife and I spent our lives making those children the central point of our time and while that may come back to haunt us in a few years where they have all moved out, at this point life is great.

I thank God every single day for my life, the good and the bad. Even in darkness we can still find lessons. Those dark days showed me what NOT to become.

I am most proud and extremely thankful for my family. There are tons of other reasons as well but that is what keeps me going..

~PM

Comment

• GJack
        • Jun 2023

Thankfull for every day of my life. Both good and bad.

Comment

• mrhtbd
          • Apr 2015

Three healthy kids and every day walking. The cancer is back, moved from my colon to liver and in my lymph system now (only one so far next to my liver). Started another two weeks of radiation yesterday. Still able to work full time up at 8,000-11,000 ft in the Rocky Mountains. Cool breezes and fresh air; keeps me going, plus constant contact with my kids and siblings. I consider myself lucky!

Comment

• 1bigun11
            • May 2022

Originally posted by mrhtbd
            Three healthy kids and every day walking. The cancer is back, moved from my colon to liver and in my lymph system now (only one so far next to my liver). Started another two weeks of radiation yesterday. Still able to work full time up at 8,000-11,000 ft in the Rocky Mountains. Cool breezes and fresh air; keeps me going, plus constant contact with my kids and siblings. I consider myself lucky!
            Great attitude!

Comment

• Acreed1
              Vet
              • Nov 2014

Health, family, steady job, a certain sporting career that is leading into acting and far from least, THEE most supporting girlfriend I could ever have!!!
              God is good!!
              "No Joe, you next Joe, you next Joe!"
              "Creed in 3, Creed in 3"

Comment

• Silntrunin
                VET
                • Mar 2023

Thankful for my family, mostly my wife for putting up with me for 39 years.
                My kids overcoming drug addiction and now raising their own families.
                For God never giving up on me and allowing me to still provide a roof over our head after all my dumb mistakes in life.

Comment

• preist943
                  VET
                  • Apr 2018

very inspiring reading the posts . in 2020 i was in the hospital and told my heart was at 20% didnt phase me much as i told the dr nope im not dying god hasnt finished punishing me yet . was a joke ,they drained 5 pounds of fluid out of my lung and my heart recovered and is back to 90% on good terms but some bp meds . point is even when i couldnt breath and in poor health i prayed every day thanking god for all my blessings . even if you are down evening dying you can still be thankful of every day . man does not live by bread and water alone but by the grace of god ,

Comment

Working...