• Show
Clear All
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

New way to build muscle

I’ve come up with a theory and yes it’s broscience but a theory nonetheless

So we do body part splits

Well I’ve been doing that to but I’ve also added one exercise from the previous days body part

So for example today was shoulder but yesterday was legs so I did one exercise from leg day today while I was working shoulders

I think this might help a 47 yr old man grow a little more
  • steelpreacher
    Vet
    • Jun 2013

Ozzy, I would say anything that is really 'new' can shock the body into a little progress. For instance, if you never swim laps try throwing them in twice a week for a month, or if you always do cardio on the bike try running outside. As far as resistance ideas, how often do you do really slow reps or even isometric activity? Anything where the body really has to adapt to a new change, is going to get that sytem reving again.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by ozzy69
      I’ve come up with a theory and yes it’s broscience but a theory nonetheless

So we do body part splits

Well I’ve been doing that to but I’ve also added one exercise from the previous days body part

So for example today was shoulder but yesterday was legs so I did one exercise from leg day today while I was working shoulders

I think this might help a 47 yr old man grow a little more
      I certainly don't think that it would hinder gains in any way.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• ozzy69
        Assistant Admin
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by steelpreacher
        Ozzy, I would say anything that is really 'new' can shock the body into a little progress. For instance, if you never swim laps try throwing them in twice a week for a month, or if you always do cardio on the bike try running outside. As far as resistance ideas, how often do you do really slow reps or even isometric activity? Anything where the body really has to adapt to a new change, is going to get that sytem reving again.
        I think you are right anything will help make your body grow and adapt

Comment

• Roughrydr
          • Oct 2017

I would rather just add a couple of cc's. Lol. Just kidding.
          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
            • May 2019

I've always had the motto of "if it's sore, don't train it". Whether right or wrong, that's my take. I just can't see training a muscle to any substantial degree if it is still sore.

However, what about a little? The term "feeder sets" comes into play here. Nowadays, the term feeder sets is used and twisted completely from the original meaning. Back in the day, the word "feeder" set was coined to do 2-3 very light, high rep isolation sets for a muscle that is sore to flush blood in it to provide nutrients to the muscle for faster recovery. Example - after a bust ass leg day, where your legs are sore the next day, merely do 2-3 sets of light leg extensions for 25- 50 reps. Nothing hard or taxing, just to get some blood in there. That's it. For chest, one could do the same with pec-deck flies, or straight arm pulldowns for lats, etc etc. Feeder sets are not meant to be used with compound lifts (CNS related), nor heavy or difficult.

I can see using feeder sets for what Ozzy is talking about, however, no way I would go in and go all out on ANY sets working a muscle that is sore and not recovered. IMO, that is a recipe for disaster.
            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• ozzy69
              Assistant Admin
              • Jun 2011

^^^^this!!!

It’s just light weight and higher reps then next day to fully break down what’s left of the muscle fibers

Comment

• Q-BaLL
                VET
                • Apr 2004

I'm going to give this a try. Ive been looking for something new to spice up the workouts

Comment

• HDH
                  • Jun 2015

You beat me to it on this one. I was thinking the same except I haven't heard the term feeder sets. Just pumping blood into the muscle.

Glad I didn't have to type it out

I was doing it a few years back but only hit EOD training now. I do the same work for the week but have found a day off after training really helps with "being old injuries".

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                  I've always had the motto of "if it's sore, don't train it". Whether right or wrong, that's my take. I just can't see training a muscle to any substantial degree if it is still sore.

However, what about a little? The term "feeder sets" comes into play here. Nowadays, the term feeder sets is used and twisted completely from the original meaning. Back in the day, the word "feeder" set was coined to do 2-3 very light, high rep isolation sets for a muscle that is sore to flush blood in it to provide nutrients to the muscle for faster recovery. Example - after a bust ass leg day, where your legs are sore the next day, merely do 2-3 sets of light leg extensions for 25- 50 reps. Nothing hard or taxing, just to get some blood in there. That's it. For chest, one could do the same with pec-deck flies, or straight arm pulldowns for lats, etc etc. Feeder sets are not meant to be used with compound lifts (CNS related), nor heavy or difficult.

I can see using feeder sets for what Ozzy is talking about, however, no way I would go in and go all out on ANY sets working a muscle that is sore and not recovered. IMO, that is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Working...