Question for Docs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Supes25

Question for Docs

I have UC and Craons, i was wondering if 2iu/d of GH would help the damaged tissue in my small intestine, ive have my large removed already and my small is all cut up with only 60% left.
  • meateater

Prolly wouldn't hurt.....btw, I've had UC for 10 years and for me, the best relief comes from my med (Mesalamine)....I also stay away from raw fruits and veggies along with whole grains cause they are difficult to digest and can make symptoms worse.

Comment

• Supes25

thanks for the imput, i'll definately give it a try than. I tried those meds and didnt seem to work, but the UC isnt too active now because of my Colon being taken out (nothing for the UC to attack) just had a ton of bleeding and pain lately (lost 86lbs since July) its getting really old and pissing me off!

Comment

• meateater

Originally posted by Supes25
        thanks for the imput, i'll definately give it a try than. I tried those meds and didnt seem to work, but the UC isnt too active now because of my Colon being taken out (nothing for the UC to attack) just had a ton of bleeding and pain lately (lost 86lbs since July) its getting really old and pissing me off!
        No doubt, UC can be a mufucka.....easily digested foods are the way to go.....white, sticky (asian) rice, potato bread, cooked veggies, eggs and lean meats........milk is fine if you aint lactose-intolerant....good luck.

Comment

• Supes25

Just unwent a ton of surgeries now back ready to go, i have half my small intestine left and thats about it, they gutted me. I cant seem to absorb nutrients, any suggestions? I have lost a total of 124lbs so i need to get some poundage back, starting again at the gym next week, had 39 surgeries to fix my guts, but alive with an illeostomy, depreseed as hell NEED TO BE IN THE GYM again! any suggestions would be great.

Comment

• meateater

Got DAMNN!!!! That's alot of guttin, bro....SHIT!! All I can say is try to keep as much nutrients as possible in you system (food, shakes, cals) to prevent getting weaker, take it slow and be carefull.....keep ya head up!

Comment

• Supes25

Ive been trying to eat about 250g protein a day tons of fat and calories but my weight still is decreasing about a pound a week, any suggestions on food. Or should i through in 2 iu/d gh and some test?

Comment

• meateater

Ive been trying to eat about 250g protein a day tons of fat and calories but my weight still is decreasing about a pound a week, any suggestions on food. Or should i through in 2 iu/d gh and some test?
                Gh and test, IMO, would only help....I'm assuming that who are eating the "good" fats as opposed to saturated fats that may cause you problems......TOTAL calories are the way to gain....white rice, white bread, pasta, potatoes, and lean meats are good to go along with eggs.....as far as supplements go, fish oil, enzymes, multi vit/mins are beneficial...whey powder is good also.

Comment

• Supes25

thanks bro I'll give it a try and see what happens

Comment

• meateater

thanks bro I'll give it a try and see what happens

keep us posted, holmes

Comment

• Mick-G
                      VET
                      • Jan 2005

You mean Crohn's disease? I dont know?? you have cancer in your family? I wouldn touch gh if i had Crohns imo.

Comment

• Supes25

Why stay away from the GH?

Comment

• Supes25

Besides that, started to gain alittle weight back, and i guess my Dr said that 32lbs of the lost was organs and tissue

Comment

• meateater

Gh, test all beneficial.

Comment

• Supes25

I'll start adding them in, also got a ton of B12 from the Dr, and talking with him about adding a few iu's of Slin to help with absorbsion, what do you think about that?

Comment

Working...