Need help fast

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hkfnar

Need help fast

Im 42 years old,tore my bicep tenden back in june,had surgury.I started GH 2 IU 5 days a week,had no problems,stopped last week started having what feels like insilin anxiety attacks.I wake up eat and start feeling horrible.I know i have had size inuduced hypoglycemia for years now.The only other thing is they started me on pain killers back in june and not ever taking these before I started abusing them,due to not training,and so on.In august I quit the pain killers and thought what I was having was night time withdraw.I would go to bed and wake up 4 hours later with my heart racing kind of like what its doing now.The doctor had me take zanax and then clonopin,thinking i was going through withdraw.I stopped taking the clonopin 3 days before all this started.The friday night when i stopped taking the GH was when this all started.It had been 3 days since the clonopin so I couldnt narrow down what was going on.That friday night did legs,had dinner and went to work,about an hour and a half later had my first anxiety attack,I dont know if it was food induced or not.Someone gave me a zanax and I felt better.This went on for a week,feeling like shit low body temp in the morning,over 100 after eating.I thought i was going through clonopin withdraw,but yesturday it felt like that If i ate It made the anxiety go away,so yesturday did legs again drank a little oj the whole workout and it kept the anxiety down.I got home had a protien shake,ate dinner a hour later,went to work,about an hour and a half later I had a anxiety attack but this time drank oj and got something to eat and it made it better.Any help on this would be great.Thanks in advance,
  • Shovel
    VET
    • Jul 2011

Welcome to AE!

Sounds like you have a full plate with this... We need some more details from you to better understand.
    Height, weight, bf% (guestimate), training history, AAS history.

I've never really had anxiety, so this is hard for me to understand what's so bad about it. There are a lot of factors that will contribute to this just in your post.

Stick around and we'll get you on the right track with all the knowledge here!
    Semper Fi

Comment

• hkfnar

6ft 250 7% bdf,trained my whole life,went from 290 bdf 21% in sept of 2010 to 260 5% bdf in may of 2011,tore bicep.Have had size induced hypoglycemia for years.

Comment

• John Benz
        Vet
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hkfnar
        6ft 250 7% bdf....
        You have the same basic proportions as Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler. Congrats!

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

It's sounds like you have an anxiety disorder non related to your hypoglycaemia. I suggest that you make an appointment with a Psychiatrist a mental health professional who is also a Medical doctor. You can't just quit meds like clonopin and xanax cold turkey and not expect consequences.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Freezerdude

Dude first when you stopped taking the Xanax and clonopins did you have trouble with your vision? If so next comes tremors, starting of seziures! Trust me I've been on xanax for 16 years and I've had fuckers steal mine before and had to go to er for it, this may or may not be your problem but I would stop the xanax for sure, clonopins are much easy to control or even a valium if need be..

Comment

• olderfella
              Vet
              • Jul 2011

Im in agreement with lifts and freeze you cannot just quit meds like that,go seek professional help asap

Comment

• Shovel
                VET
                • Jul 2011

Everything I've ever quit, it was cold turkey. You can do it, but it's not easy.
                Semper Fi

Comment

• hkfnar

I will give a full rundown.I am waking up with my heart beating like crazy,low body temp 97.1 i eat 100.5,someone said i should have come off the gh slowly,didnt know.They said i am having a over production of insulin.When i eat the anxiety feelings go away,the only problem im wondering about is back in august when i quit the oxycode after surgury a week later i would wake up after 4 hours of sleep with the fast heart beat and thought i was going through withdraw from the meds,so the doc gave me zanax and then clonopin,what worries me is that this was insulin surges the whole time and the drugs where stopping this until i woke up hours later and would finally eat.A nurse friend said that major insulin spikes could feel like a anxiety attack.When i have them i eat lots of food quick carbs slow carbs and protien and they go awayin a while.I was on gh,test and npp for the first month and a half after surgury,and then switched to just test ,and gh.

Comment

• Glycomann

You should probably have a full blood study done. This sounds complicated. All of us here would just be guessing and that could be dangerous.

Comment

• hkfnar

Blood work came back fine,the only thing that was high was cbk,alk,and the ask which the doc said it was due to training,the problems have changed.Its a over production of insulin or i have become insulin resistant.I take in high glcemic carbs and my heart starts beating like crazy,it will finally go away.Thanksgiving was a bitch,it hit me pretty hard and then i broke into a sweat about 45 minutes later.I am having to eat every 1.5 to 2 hours depending on how clean the meal.The higher fat content the better.At bedtime i eat a bunch just to get 3.5 to 4 hours of sleep before i wake up starving.The doc wants to see if everything will syabilize on its own.It will have been 2 months on dec 13 that i have been off growth.Has anyone ever experienced this.Before the surgury and the growth I had no problems at all.

Comment

• Shovel
                        VET
                        • Jul 2011

It's possible gh could make you insulin resistant at doses over 5iu eventually. Look into Karbolyn for post workout. It might help.
                        Semper Fi

Comment

• hkfnar

It seems like its starting to get better,not so intense after a carb meal.I have noticed that if i take in the protien first and then start eating the carbs its not as bad.Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

• hkfnar

After lots of blood work and glucose monitors hooked up to me,im not hypoglycemic,or diabedic.My pancreas is over producing insulin like crazy.Next is the cat scan of my pancreas,one other thing that could have caused this is asulfame k in my wonderful protien powder,so no more of that.I go to the endo today for the scan.I will keep you posted.

Comment

• mirage
                              Vet
                              • Aug 2011

good luck...
                              Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk.

Comment

Working...