X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

My diet at 46/47

My diet has changed so much over the years.

My diet now is more fruits and vegetables than ever before. I eat more eggs now that I ever have in the past. I’ve dialed back read meat from every day to 2-3 times a weeks. Chicken and fish are huge with me now. I’ve learned to control the carbs I consume, low glycemic index carbs.

I have been turned onto to salmon now because of the air fryer.

There is zero need to eat the way I used to eat.

I’ve come to terms with my body and what I really want to to look like now. I’d rather look like a CrossFit competitor than a hardcore muscle junky.

My knees are about shot my elbows are definitely hurt and my right shoulder, the one I separated 30 years ago probably needs to be cut into but I’m not letting that happen till it can’t move.

The need to bench/dead/squat massive numbers is a long memory.

But it does feel good to have the heavy weight on my back, in my hands, hovering above my throat.
  • wallyd
    VET
    • Aug 2015

I simply can’t eat like I use to. I can remember stacking up plates at Chinese buffet restaurants, now 2 plates & im bloated up llije a toad! When the weather warms up I tighten up my diet until winter hits & the holidays.

As far as the weights go I don’t lift as heavy. Too many aches & pains plus you can still work a muscle effectively with lighter weights. Besides all that nonsense I’m just getting old.

Comment

• Darkness
      • Apr 2011

My metabolism is as high as it’s every been at 48. I eat to keep it cranking rather than slow it down. If I dont eat a high carb meal 5 times a day I drop weight like a cancer patient. All six abs and obliques visible as a normal year round things.

4000 calories a day maintenance. I’m tired of it.

Comment

• Cabo Jo
        Vet
        • Aug 2011

The only thing keeping me from eating clean food is money. If I had a lot I would shop at whole foods every week.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

I try to eat clean about 85-90% of the time.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Kluso
            Vet
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by wallyd
            I simply can’t eat like I use to. I can remember stacking up plates at Chinese buffet restaurants, now 2 plates & im bloated up llije a toad! When the weather warms up I tighten up my diet until winter hits & the holidays.

As far as the weights go I don’t lift as heavy. Too many aches & pains plus you can still work a muscle effectively with lighter weights. Besides all that nonsense I’m just getting old.
            You definitely can! I’ll do slow reps with lighter weight and I’m still growing. Just have to push yourself thru the pain. Pump pain is brutal and imo just as good for muscle growth as going heavy.

I wish I could eat like that. I know I would be twice as big and I don’t mean in the waistline. Lol. High metabolism with shity appetite equals skinny guy. I used to force the food down. I refuse to do that anymore.

Comment

Working...