Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Over 50 and beyond.
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2022, 10:48 PM   #16
Malinois53
Vet

Malinois53 is on a distinguished road
more of an endurance guy, but i 3 strength / functional training days. the objective is work imbalances and weak areas. fuuuuuck me but my back just loves fuking with me when I'm do shit tons of pre hab.
Malinois53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:40 AM   #17
Rot-Iron66

Rot-Iron66 is on a distinguished road
At 56, I decided recently to go to 4 days a week. I have been doing 5, and even 6 before that for years. I feel I need more recovery these days. So 4 seems great physically. (Mentally trying to adjust). I never took time off in 44 years. I know, probably not good. My 4-training days are based around the big-4 (SQ, Bench, DL, OHP) and I hardly do any fluff (cables, light stuff, etc). Mainly heavy barbell training. Seems to be working. I'm feeling slightly less run-down and tired during the day like I was feeling.
Rot-Iron66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:57 PM   #18
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
Update
I have terrible invalidating back pain. The only thing I do is cardio: 2 hours a day.
I’m trying to get an appointment in a pain clinic …

Being old sucks
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:33 PM   #19
AlphaMale
VET

AlphaMale is just really niceAlphaMale is just really niceAlphaMale is just really niceAlphaMale is just really nice
This past summer I would do about 20 hrs/wk each strength and cardio training.

I’ve been focusing on lighter weights, fewer carbs and more cardio.
I have shoulder and back issues so my focus is more on endurance rather than size and strength.
I’m 6’0” tall and just dropped below 200 lbs for the first time since I did my my first cycle back in 2004.
I feel far less stress on my joints and lighter on my feet now.
There was a time when 235 lbs was normal for me but it’s just so much stress on the body after so many years I’ve become prediabetic and a lot of back problems.
And my dick works better when I’m not so heavy so there’s that, too.

Honestly, feel much healthier 53 years old at 197 than I ever did at 235.

Last edited by AlphaMale; 11-11-2022 at 12:41 AM..
AlphaMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:47 AM   #20
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
MG, I havent trained upper body for about 9 or 10 months now due to blowing out one of my shoulders. We are old folks, even though i know youre still hotter than 99% of the 20 year olds around. But we have to listen to our bodies. I used to panic if i missed a work out. Id feel guilty, feel like i was shrinking, losing strength. Now im so old I dont care. I still look good. I feel better. I just dont sleep as well. Lol. Take as much time as you need off. You have a very solid foundation. And its nit going to disappear because you take more time off. Have fun. Save some cats. Get a dog! LOL. Love you girl.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:35 PM   #21
Silntrunin
VET

Silntrunin is on a distinguished road
Working out just 3 days a week for now.
Mostly full body sessions trying to get back a little conditioning after being down for over a year.
Would definitely like to get back to a solid 4 days with split workouts again soon. Trying to be disciplined and not rush back into things after several injuries.
Silntrunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 04:09 PM   #22
Paramuscle

Paramuscle will become famous soon enough
I still go 5-6 days a week. I am limited with my back and my legs but the rest of me is killing it. I usually train for 60-90 minutes, My off day is whenever I feel like it. I don’t set a scheduled day.

Right now I am cutting and I am down to 280 and got my abs back. My training is high volume and low weight and I don’t rest. I usually do 15 min of fasted low impact cardio and then move to the weights. Right now I am doing a crazy amount of reps with low weight and I am leaning out real nice. I got maybe 2-3 more weeks and then I will up my protein and calories again and put some heavy weights back on.

Most people think I am lifting heavy but they don’t have any idea what I used to lift so for me, it isn’t as heavy as it used to be.

I will be 50 in November

~PM
Paramuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:10 PM   #23
MindlessWork

MindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura about
I soon will hit 59 and go 3-4 days a week and keep total training time to 1 hour...that seems to work out quite well for me.
Old 03-26-2023, 08:32 AM   #24
Acreed1
Vet

Acreed1 is on a distinguished road
Referencing to Sammy Hagar , , ,
I can drive 55+. (age)
I'm still hitting it 5,6 days a week. Rarely train legs. Water in knee in which I need to address.
Off days are cardio and abs only. Most training sessions are 1.1/4 hrs basically.
Enthusiasm and drive is still there. But the desire to go late or go late from a long day from work isn't there. Smart rest days are more important to me now a days.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:45 PM   #25
Massimo1
VET

Massimo1 is on a distinguished road
I am 71. Currently try to train with weights 4 to 5 days a week, rotating different body parts. Not doing legs much currently because of lower spine issues (I like squats but hate leg presses). I try to get cardio 4 to 5 days a week alsol.
Massimo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 05:19 PM   #26
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
I stopped working out arms directly months ago because of bicep tendinitis on inside of my elbow. Every time I try to do any bicep work it comes back but fortunately my arms haven’t shrunk at all. No pain when doing back. My split now is quads/abductors/adductors, hams calves, back then chest. 4-5 days a week. If I make it in that 5th day I do more legs. Cause they need the most work. No more than an hour per workout. Not doing those mio sets or whatever they were called. I do two warm up light sets. One heavy set to failure then one back off set to failure. I tried some deep pendulum squats a few weeks ago. My left knee has been fucked up since. Always popping now. I had never tried pendulum squats before. My knees don’t like them. At least not on the Arsenal machine. I didn’t even go heavy. Just deeper than usual. Trying new exercises to stimulate some leg growth. Sucks getting old. Haha
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 06:57 AM   #27
meo
VET

meo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo1 View Post
I am 71. Currently try to train with weights 4 to 5 days a week, rotating different body parts. Not doing legs much currently because of lower spine issues (I like squats but hate leg presses). I try to get cardio 4 to 5 days a week alsol.
don't mean to highjack this thread but HELLO, you make me feel like a snot nose at 69 years . I thought Rough and I where the seniors here. glad to see an old guy like me still hitting the gym
meo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 08:36 AM   #28
Paramuscle

Paramuscle will become famous soon enough
I just hired my first personal trainer and nutritional coach ever! I am super excited to see where I land. I’m back to doing heavier weights 5-6 days a week and just added in 3 metabolic conditioning session each week as well. i’m very excited to see where this goes...

~PM
Paramuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 12:39 AM   #29
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramuscle View Post
I still go 5-6 days a week. I am limited with my back and my legs but the rest of me is killing it. I usually train for 60-90 minutes, My off day is whenever I feel like it. I don’t set a scheduled day.

Right now I am cutting and I am down to 280 and got my abs back. My training is high volume and low weight and I don’t rest. I usually do 15 min of fasted low impact cardio and then move to the weights. Right now I am doing a crazy amount of reps with low weight and I am leaning out real nice. I got maybe 2-3 more weeks and then I will up my protein and calories again and put some heavy weights back on.

Most people think I am lifting heavy but they don’t have any idea what I used to lift so for me, it isn’t as heavy as it used to be.

I will be 50 in November

~PM
Training light eh?LOL Don't let PM fool ya'll - he does 100 lb db curls for reps - I seen it!
Old 10-22-2023, 08:16 AM   #30
aliye01
Banned

aliye01 is on a distinguished road
Question to those who are 50+

Hi Guys,
To those who are 50 and over, what valuable life lesson have you learned that you'd like to share with the younger generations?
aliye01 is offline   Reply With Quote