X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wallyd
    VET
    • Aug 2015

Is Bitcoin really this easy?

Myself & a few others have been discussing how we would like to use Bitcoin, because some places only accept it, but we aren’t sure of it or maybe we are just intimidated by it so I did some digging. Below is what I found & what looks to be the easiest way to use it. I’m hoping some people with experience with it will jump in if this info is wrong, if there are better options or if there are any safety concerns. Thanks in advance!

To send bitcoin to any $Cashtag:

Navigate to Cash App payment pad
    Tap the USD toggle and select BTC
    Enter at least $1 and tap Pay
    Find your recipient’s $Cashtag, current phone number, or email address
    Tap Pay This is also called a peer-to-peer (P2P) transaction
    You can also send bitcoin using lightning or the blockchain:

Tap the Money tab on your Cash App home screen
    Tap the Bitcoin tile
    Tap the Airplane button
    Choose Send Bitcoin
    Enter the amount and the recipient’s $Cashtag or BTC address
    Tap Next
    Select a speed
    Tap Confirm & Send
    Note:

You can also receive bitcoin from any wallet using the blockchain.
    The minimum amount per transaction to a $Cashtag is 0.00001 BTC or 1,000 sats (Satoshis).
    Limits

Sending Bitcoin has a few limits to be aware of. We recommend checking your limits and track your limit progression regularly.

You can view your weekly and monthly limits in-app:

Tap the Profile icon
    Tap on Limits
    Limits are rolling and they accumulate for any consecutive 7 day period and 30 day period. Limits are tracked down to the minute a payment was made.
  • 1bigun11
    • May 2022

Thanks Wally

Comment

• MindlessWork
      • Aug 2011

I also believe the daily limit on loading cash from a debit card to the USD wallet in cashapp is about 1K per day. Cashapp is so much easier than coinbase.
      “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• wallyd
        VET
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by 1bigun11
        Thanks Wally
        No problem. I asked this on another board too. It seems like using Cashapp requires more personal info. I don’t know anything about it but some posted saying Cashapp was a real pain.

Personally I think I’ll just stay away from it no matter how bad I want to use it or someone that only takes it. That sucks imo.

Comment

• 1bigun11
          • May 2022

Originally posted by wallyd
          No problem. I asked this on another board too. It seems like using Cashapp requires more personal info. I don’t know anything about it but some posted saying Cashapp was a real pain.

Personally I think I’ll just stay away from it no matter how bad I want to use it or someone that only takes it. That sucks imo.
          I understand and agree.

Comment

• irish_2003
            Vet
            • Oct 2011

I think buying btc on cashapp is limited to 600 in 30 days

Comment

• Silntrunin
              VET
              • Mar 2023

The easiset way to send bitcoin imo is using a btc atm. A bit more expensive i think but ive never used cashapp so dont quote me on that.
              All you need is a phone to verify, stick your money in the atm and send it to the btc address you want it to go to.

Pretty straight forward. Unless things have changed you can use a burner phone so there is no trace back to you personally.

Comment

• BrutalHoney
                VET
                • Nov 2016

i like using the samourai (not a typo) app and whirlpool. gotta buy your btc through coinbase or whatever the fuck, but after that, clean it like you live in ozark annnnd good to go.

Comment

Working...