X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThorsBanhammer
    VET
    • Nov 2022

"Supplier Shortage"

I have been seeing this all over for a few foods I frequent on my cut, mostly ground turkey. I think im going to buy a couple turkeys after thanksgiving and go with the sliced bird route.

What dead ends are all of you seeing food wise?
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

I buy a side of beef a year and I kill a lot of my own meat so I haven’t seen anything.

Comment

• Rebornlite
      VET
      • Dec 2018

I am busy packing my freezer with venison this time of year. Especially this year, everything is expensive. Let's Go Brandon

Comment

• irish_2003
        Vet
        • Oct 2011

The corrupt government is mandating killing of millions of turkeys for alleged avaian/bird flu....
        Personally u think it's either fake worries or fraud by government and other meat industries to control the market

Comment

• Rot-Iron66
          • Sep 2016

Haven't seen much of a shortage around me so far. (New Hampshire).
          Noticed a bunch of very large Butterball Turkeys even yesterday.
          Either that, or no one can afford them these days.

Chicken breast was 1.99 a lb. last week. The packs came with 8 large breastesses (huge) so we cut them in half the long way. (Filleted I guess?).

And now they are normal size. But 16 pieces for 10.00 I thought was great.
          May have just been a random sale, who knows...

#FJB

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Seems like turkey and hams are good. My son bought us a huge ham for thanksgiving.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• 78Steeler
              VET
              • Dec 2018

We had no trouble getting a 20lb butterball turkey.

Comment

• ThorsBanhammer
                VET
                • Nov 2022

I see supplier shortage signs for a bunch of different things every time I go grocery shopping.

Comment

• b52
                  • Oct 2006

I own a cafe and nothing has been the same for years. It has gotten a little better but there is a constant shortage. Maybe not so bad at the consumer level but it's not particularly great at the wholesale level. And the prices are through the roof. I was getting 40lbs of chicken breast a couple years back for about $37. It was $130 the other day. Problem is I can't raise the prices so much to a point where people won't pay it so the only option is to take a huge hit in the profit and cut people's hours and run yourself ragged. So that'll be sold by the new year, but there is a shortage. Has been and will be for some time.

Comment

Working...