Need a new routine

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -JP-

Originally posted by goin4275
    theres a tonnnn of info on the web about WSBB,,, i followed a variation my split would look like
    1) max effort push
    2) rep effort pull
    3) rep effort push
    4) max effort pull,
    REPEAT... while in college and not much responibilty i could really push myself and do two days on one off,, realistically now it be more one on than off
    My log was on IT in the winter(lol).... basically a max effort day id pick 3 compound movements that constantly revolved ... example... ME push day ( and my reps were 3-6 not the recomended for powerlifters 1-3) i may do Bench press, dips and shoulder presses.... Next ME session i may start off with incline presses, close grip bench and than suspened bench press....Max effort days for pull i always started with a dead variation, than squat movments or leg press or something and than a middle back ,... Rep effort days were all high reps more ISO movements, you get the idea... key is to keep switching movements... and ME days always try to beat yourself.... thats what i did in a nut shell,,, thats when i saw most results in lifting weights.. untill i messed up my back doing bentover rows with 265 a SLIGHT jerk and BAM lower backs never been the same
    Thanks bro... I am going to give it a shot

Comment

• Shawty
      AE Female Member
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by -JP-
      I have interchanged a few routines throughout the years but I really need a new one appreciate any recommendations

currently I am splitting:

Mon - Back/Bi's
      Tues - Shoulders
      Wens - Off
      Thurs - Legs
      Fri - Chest/Tri's

On cyc I usually split:

Mon - Chest/Back
      Tues - Arms/Shoulders
      Wens - Legs
      Thurs - Chest/Back
      Fri - Arms/Shoulders
      Sat - Legs

Thanks JP

Over the summer my split looked like this......

Monday- Legs and Lower Back
      Tuesday- Off
      Wednesday- Chest and Triceps
      Thursday- Off
      Friday- Upper back and Biceps
      Saturday- Speed Bench (Chest and Shoulders)

Felt my chest was kind of lagging so I was working it twice a week. Went from 38" to 41 1/4" over the summer though. (that's measuring right under my armpits so all pec, no boobage in that measurement, LOL! Abs I usually took care of on my off days.

Currently my split looks like this.......

Monday- Max Effort Squat/Deadlift day, then I will do in this order lower back, hams/glutes, abs.

Wednesday- Max Effort Bench, then I will work in this order triceps, lats, Biceps will be done afterwards, but not a HUGE concentration on them.

Thursday- Shoulders and Traps

Friday- Speed Squat/deadlift, then same accessory work as monday (lower back, hams/glutes, then abs)

Saturday- Speed Bench, then same accessory work as Wednesday (triceps, lats, then biceps)

Mike Wolfe has written up my Wednesday and Saturday training splits for me. Utilizing the conjugate method to build up that bench press baby!!
      Last edited by Shawty; 10-09-2007, 04:26 PM.
      Save a horse, ride a POWERLIFTER!!

Comment

• black7
        Vet
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JrMaFia
        i do 45 minutes of cardio post workout except for the day i train legs.
        45 minutes bro? isnt that a little bit much post workout? I thought 20 minutes was ideal... i am just a fucktard though lol...
        Tempus fugit, Carpe diem.

Comment

• -JP-

Originally posted by Shawty

Currently my split looks like this.......

Monday- Max Effort Squat/Deadlift day, then I will do in this order lower back, hams/glutes, abs.

Wednesday- Max Effort Bench, then I will work in this order triceps, lats, Biceps will be done afterwards, but not a HUGE concentration on them.

Thursday- Shoulders and Traps

Friday- Speed Squat/deadlift, then same accessory work as monday (lower back, hams/glutes, then abs)

Saturday- Speed Bench, then same accessory work as Wednesday (triceps, lats, then biceps)

Mike Wolfe has written up my Wednesday and Saturday training splits for me. Utilizing the conjugate method to build up that bench press baby!!
          Interesting so would this be considered some form of WSBB training? How many sets are you doing? Thanks for the help JP

Comment

• -JP-

Originally posted by black7
            45 minutes bro? isnt that a little bit much post workout? I thought 20 minutes was ideal... i am just a fucktard though lol...
            It depends on your goals... I usually do 20-25min of cardio afterwards... I change it up all the time though some days I will jump rope others I will incline the treadmill all the way up etc

If I am cutting before or during summer though I try and do my cardio in the morning and get a full 45min workout in and do weight training later in the day

Comment

• JrMaFia
              BANNED for being a JETS fan
              • Oct 2007

i did 30 minutes for a while and notice no drop in bf i am told u start burning fat at 45. I do 45 i have abs and my strength is the same
              Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
              Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever !
              Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
              Cassidy: Crue!
              Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Yeah!
              Cassidy: Def Lep!
              Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.
              Cassidy: Like theres something wrong, why not just have a good time?
              Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.

Comment

• Shawty
                AE Female Member
                • Sep 2007

Interesting so would this be considered some form of WSBB training? How many sets are you doing? Thanks for the help JP

Yeah it's WSBB.......

On my bench, I'm shirting up every other week on M.E. day.....on shirted days I'm doing boards.....Weeks 1, 5, and 7 I'm using 3 board with the minis.....weeks 3, 6, and 9 I'm using 2 board no bands. Weeks 2, 4, and 8 I'm going raw full range. Work up to heavy singles on shirted days usually ends up around 8 singles after warming up. On the raw days it's 6 sets of 3. For any accessory work it's 4 sets of 8. On D.E. bench day it's 8 triples on bench using a percentage of my max bench and the minis. And the rep ranges for accessory work stay the same.

I write up my deadlift and squat routines myself........Deadlift/Squat days the sets and rep ranges vary from week to week. Depending on whether I work up to a heavy single or not. But for the accessory work on those days I do 4 sets of 6-8 reps. On speed I do 10 sets of 2 on squats. And I rarely do speed work for my deads. I have great explosion off the floor and I attribute that to my love for Zercher Squats

Comment

• goin4275
                  VET
                  • Jan 2007

that looks like a good one, shawty..... that pretty much just goes to show the versatility of WSBB, its a method not a routine per se.... you can pretty much taylor fit it to meet your needs while keeping in line with the underlying principal
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

Comment

• Shawty
                    AE Female Member
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by goin4275
                    that looks like a good one, shawty..... that pretty much just goes to show the versatility of WSBB, its a method not a routine per se.... you can pretty much taylor fit it to meet your needs while keeping in line with the underlying principal

OH yeah, that's part of why I love the conjugate method. It's so versatile............and you NEVER get bored

Comment

• go4thepump

Ever read a book called "Brawn" or "Beyond Brawn " ??
                      Give it a go , what do you have to lose ???
                      You never go to failure in the training , and they also give nutrition guide-lines .
                      I tried it a while back , and actually went up 40 pounds in the dead after 8 weeks on the program .

I have interchanged a few routines throughout the years but I really need a new one appreciate any recommendations

Thanks JP

Comment

• Zeus
                        • Oct 2007

This is what I do and it works for me

Monday - Chest
                        Tuesday- Quads/Hams/Calves
                        Wed- off
                        Thrusday- Bis/Tris
                        Friday- Shoulders + Calves
                        Saturday- Back
                        Sunday- Off

90% of my exercises are basic movents I train very basic and simple no fancy stuff, I will go from 6 to 8 rep range, to 15 to 20 rep range on all my exercises
                        Zeus was known for having numerous affairs with mortal women producing even more children including Hercules.

The United States National institute on Aging is funding studies to confirm earlier findings that human growth hormone (HGH) and other hormones, including DHEA (an adrenal hormone) and sex hormones, can slow, stop, and/or possibly reverse the changes associated with aging.

ANTHONY D'AREZZO TRIBUTE
                        A good friend of mine, trainer and mentor RIP Anthony

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER

DORIAN YATES

MIKE MENTZER

Comment

• meateater

workout#1- chest/back/abs
                          workout#2- legs/abs
                          workout#3- shoulders/arms/abs

I usually perform supersets and take at least 2 days off between workouts for full recovery.

Comment

• goin4275
                            VET
                            • Jan 2007

shit brotha, youre ripped... wtf am i giving advice to you for lol... what ever your doing its working... stick to that

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

LOL...No shit..JP and I have similar mid-sections ..for a moment there i thought it was one of my pics in his avi.../..LOL

Comment

• goin4275
                                VET
                                • Jan 2007

yup,my boy is SHREDED and for all thsoe years i thought i was talking toa fat, greazy italian guy, ha! go figure......

Comment

Working...