X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beast
    Vet
    • Mar 2010

Bench marathon

I saw a video of CT Fletcher doing this. He completed 400 reps with 225lbs in a 2.5hr period. I set out this morning to complete 200 reps with 225lbs to see how I'd do. I completed this in 1 hour and 57 minutes! So far the rest of the day has been spent in my jammies with ice on my shoulder! lol
    Beast doesn't condone the use of any drugs without the proper script from a doctor. Everything said by Beast is for entertainment purposes only and mostly bullshit!
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Thats a lot of reps!!!!!!!!
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• beast
      Vet
      • Mar 2010

I hurt today for sure!!
      Beast doesn't condone the use of any drugs without the proper script from a doctor. Everything said by Beast is for entertainment purposes only and mostly bullshit!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Sounds like a nice shocker. How many sets did it take you?

Comment

• bufbiker

If I wasn't so old and held together with duct tape I'd love to try that.

Comment

• A.B
            VET
            • Jun 2004

I'll give that a shot next week I think. How about we get a little competition going here. Use the honour system which all of us have and see who gets the best time for 225lbs to complete 200 reps..... Anyone??

Actually fck it biker trash has it won already lol

Comment

• irish_2003
              Vet
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by beast
              I saw a video of CT Fletcher doing this. He completed 400 reps with 225lbs in a 2.5hr period. I set out this morning to complete 200 reps with 225lbs to see how I'd do. I completed this in 1 hour and 57 minutes! So far the rest of the day has been spent in my jammies with ice on my shoulder! lol
              exactly why you won't see me doing anything like this using flat barbell press...i can barely do flat db presses either due to shoulder when i start going heavy flats

Comment

• beast
                Vet
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                Sounds like a nice shocker. How many sets did it take you?
                36! lol. Started at 10 rep sets but shortly fell to 8,7,5,4....lol

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by beast
                  36! lol. Started at 10 rep sets but shortly fell to 8,7,5,4....lol
                  Yeah I imagine after awhile that 225 starts to feel like 315.

Comment

• bufbiker

I did the 200 reps at 225 yesterday. It took me almost exactly 1 hour. I did 10 sets of 20 and rested 5 minutes between each set.

Comment

• Glycomann

Sounds like a good shock. Maybe once a month for a few months. A long time ago I did 4 days in a row 10 sets with 4 days off. 10 cycles of that. it always pushed the bench up but more than 10 rounds and it was tendonitis.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by bufbiker
                        I did the 200 reps at 225 yesterday. It took me almost exactly 1 hour. I did 10 sets of 20 and rested 5 minutes between each set.
                        Much respect! And here I thought you powerlifters were only good for a few heavy reps!

Comment

• bufbiker

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                          Much respect! And here I thought you powerlifters were only good for a few heavy reps!
                          Ha! My warm ups are usually high reps to get the creaks out of these old joints. In fact my warm ups look like most bodybuilders entire bench part of their chest routine.

Comment

• Freezerdude

Ha! My warm ups are usually high reps to get the creaks out of these old joints. In fact my warm ups look like most bodybuilders entire bench part of their chest routine.
                            I thought once I got over this summer cold or flu wtf ever it is I'd try it if you lived through it? How's the old joints feeling today?

Comment

• beast
                              Vet
                              • Mar 2010

How do you feel afterwards? I was quite sore for a few days! Going to try and beat my time 30 days from the day I did it. I'm not a big bencher, never have been. You should do 400 reps like CT did. He reps 500 like I rep 300. That's why I dropped his challenge to half. That or I was going to try 400 with 135lbs but that just didn't sit well.

Comment

Working...