• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott21
    VET
    • Oct 2007

Awsome Read by IRON ADDICT "Want to save money on gear? "

Great Article by Iron Addict

Want to save money on gear? Listen up, I'll tell you something that will save you lot's of cash. ALWAYS train within your body’s ability to recuperate, and you will find you probably need much less than you’re currently doing. I will always be the first to tell you that the more you do, the more you grow.... period. While gains may not double if you double your dose, they will be better nonetheless. They also may actually double, I have seen that before. You know what I have seen more of though? People doing huge amounts, or at least a good dose and growing very little except for the water gain. I'll use myself as an example and just tell you that I have seen MANY, MANY people experience the same thing. I can do 2 grams + a week, and other than the initial water gains, if I overtrain, I still don't grow. People that tell you that you can't overtrain while doing gear simply don't know what the they are talking about. A low to moderate dose will do absolute wonders for you if you train correctly. A huge dose will do very little for you if you are overtrained. The closer you are to approaching the threshold of overtraining the less results you will see. Yes, gear raises the threshold........some...........not nearly as much as most people imagine, and much more or less for different people. I see people that do sick amounts and barely look like they train, or look about like a semi-advanced natural trainer, and when I see their routine I fully understand why they are little. Your body can only tolerate a certain amount of training, and it's probably much less than you imagine. Yes, some people can do lots of sets, lots of exercises, 4-6 days a week and grow like weeds. They are NOT the majority. Chances are you are not in that category. Quit wasting your good gear on an overtrained body. If you aren't adding weight or reps or both every ed workout (even a little bit) you are overtraining pure and ing simple, or you are already right next to your genetic capacity to add muscle. No, progress is not always linear, but it should be close to it or you are doing something wrong........period.

Iron Addict
  • ajdos

Makes good sense.

Comment

• P. Bateman
      Vet
      • Mar 2009

It is so difficult to find that medium.
      “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

Comment

• ninobambino
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by P. Bateman
        It is so difficult to find that medium.
        Agree!!!! Sometimes you feel like you are not doing enough then do too much... n vice versa.

Trial n error I guess.

Iron Addict posts some good stuff.

Comment

• strongman
          Vet
          • Feb 2009

you do not grow in the gym, you grow at the dinner table and in bed. Food, sleep and keeping stress to minimum do far more than upping the dose.

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by strongman
            you do not grow in the gym, you grow at the dinner table and in bed. Food, sleep and keeping stress to minimum do far more than upping the dose.
            I'm glad you mentioned the dinner table, proper diet is as important as not over training. What I've found works best for me, is not decreasing workload of my workouts but rather taking an extra rest day now and then.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Deacon
              Vet
              • Jan 2005

I agree - with smart diet, training and rest you dont need large doses of gear or super long cycles - at least that is what I am finding out about my body
              Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
              "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

Working...