X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deacon
    Vet
    • Jan 2005

On or Off - who cares!

I am tired of hearing this shit about guys coming off and not being able to workout hard anymore - the last 4-5 times off cycle I have gained or maintained my cycle gains and at 46 I am stronger and have less bodyfat than ever before while being bigger too - you just have to want to
    Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
    "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Amen brutha! Part-timers who kick the iron hard only while ON ain't shit.lol

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I drop to a moderate TRT when I cycle down, but I always worked out hard when off.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Deacon
        Vet
        • Jan 2005

to many guys these days have no idea how to train if they dont have the needle as a crutch - its sad
        "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

Comment

• Deacon
          Vet
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by liftsiron
          I drop to a moderate TRT when I cycle down, but I always worked out hard when off.

which brings me to another point - someone like you is wise to do so at your age and stage of the game - recently I saw a guy who was 58 ask about a cycle of etst and the dipshit guru on that board worried about him being suppressed - at his age? give me a break - I suggested he simply forget about suppression and drop to a low dose of test year around and then the same guru told me I was a dumbass - but then for two cents I would love to choke that fucker anyway

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

yeah, people are idiots. I know guys that don't do any pct and maintain their gains from cycle. People just need to stop being a bunch of pussies and cry babies, and man up and put in the work. Some people hop on and they look like shit. Well maybe if you trained a little harder and ate a little better you'd look better. Then maybe try cycling something. lifting is the easy part. Especially if you're lifting for mass. I hear it all the time.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Deacon
              ... the last 4-5 times off cycle I have gained or maintained my cycle gains...
              How long was you OFF between cycles?

Comment

• Mr Incredible
                • Oct 2010

Id say I train the same way but shorter and less frequent when off.

Comment

• BigSickD
                  Vet
                  • May 2004

I have always trained the same whether ON or OFF, but you can sure pick out the guys that don't. I call them seasonal people. I know guys that don't even train when off and if they can't get ahold of any gear, they can't motivate themselves to workout without it. I am like anyone else, I seem to train harder when I see gains but all in all I don't waste time in the gym. My gear use has never been a secret to my wife and she will tell you, I am the same aggressive asshole whether I am ON or OFF, which takes me to a whole other subject. Guys, that when ON, turn in to total assholes and think they are real badasses. It use to crack me up to watch some roided out fool get his ass handed to him by some scrawny dude in the bar back when I use to bounce. Roids don't make you tough, give you heart or make you someone you are not. It will boost your confidence about yourself but never confuse that with being arrogant. I guess I went off topic, but I think it all goes hand in hand. My 2cents..
                  BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by BigSickD
                    I have always trained the same whether ON or OFF, but you can sure pick out the guys that don't. I call them seasonal people. I know guys that don't even train when off and if they can't get ahold of any gear, they can't motivate themselves to workout without it. I am like anyone else, I seem to train harder when I see gains but all in all I don't waste time in the gym. My gear use has never been a secret to my wife and she will tell you, I am the same aggressive asshole whether I am ON or OFF, which takes me to a whole other subject. Guys, that when ON, turn in to total assholes and think they are real badasses. It use to crack me up to watch some roided out fool get his ass handed to him by some scrawny dude in the bar back when I use to bounce. Roids don't make you tough, give you heart or make you someone you are not. It will boost your confidence about yourself but never confuse that with being arrogant. I guess I went off topic, but I think it all goes hand in hand. My 2cents..
                    I train same style ON or OFF also D. Only problem is my weights are less when OFF! Funny but true stuff you say...you can always point out those fruitcakes. I remember back in VA in the late 90's there was 2 dudes that fit that profile to a T. Due to quarterly shift-changes on my job, I would only see them in the gym according to the shift I was on. Like clockwork, one of them would weigh around 225 and fairly lean in the spring and summer months. In fall and winter he looked like a complete different dude, weighing around 195 and MUCH softer.lol The other guy was in the same boat, but his varying bdwts was less, around 210 and 185 respectively. Also, the smaller guy always seemed to have a bad case of "bacne" when he was larger...go figure. That shit went on for years!

As for the bar scene, did you ever notice that most of the "bad-ass-legends-in-their-own-minds" was guys that was not REALLY big, but more like around lets say 5'10 and 220 or so? Most that I seen that fit that profile was around 22 - 28 y.o...the imaginery lat syndrome I thought was fucking HILARIOUS! I honestly can't ever remember seeing a really BIG dude that was arrogant at the club...perhaps in Cali its different I dunno. I call it the "big dawg syndrome"...when you get really big, no need to talk smack or "act" bad, coz you know you got it. Keep in mind I'm talking about iron-pumpers...not fighters...since I agree 100% with you that with fighting, size doesn't mean shit.

Comment

• Deacon
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                      How long was you OFF between cycles?
                      generally about 6 months is what I aim for

Comment

Working...