X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pumpitdude
    Vet
    • Jan 2007

Roids for healing

After getting caught by drug testing, bunch of athletes claim that they juice mainly because it helps them heal injuries faster.
    Is there any truth behind this? Can certain roids or combinations of them be used to speed up the healing process of joints, pulled and torn muscles?
  • Joe0690
    Vet
    • Mar 2007

definatly wont heal joints or tendon/ligament injuries any faster if anything it would make them worst.... im not sure about muscle injuries if it would help or not.... i know gh might make things heal faster

Comment

• b52
      • Oct 2006

it will help your muscle heal faster. Your tendons and ligaments I'm not too sure about. They do eventually strengthen while on gear but nowhere near as fast as your muscles, which is why guys tend to get injured when they juice. When your on cycle your muscles strengthen relatively quickly but your tendons don't. So even though your muscles might be able to push an extra 50 lbs on bench press your tendons can't handle the weight increase therefore causing them to pull, tear, etc. Once the tendon is already pulled or partially torn i have no idea if it would actually help it heal faster than normal, but if it did i wouldn't be surprised. I pulled my pec tendon a month ago, and now i'm back able to bench heavy without any pain.

Comment

• Pumpitdude
        Vet
        • Jan 2007

so its bullshit then

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Deca and Eq are good healing steroids. Deca works reducing inflammation and healing even bone injuries though a complicated process called cell mediated immunity. I think tren may do somewhat the same but can't swear to it. I suspect that eq may work similar to deca.
          HGH is really good for joints and tendon. We have some threads on deca and hgh in regard to healing. DECA does not ease joint pain by lubricating the joints thats a myth.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by liftsiron
            Deca and Eq are good healing steroids. Deca works reducing inflammation and healing even bone injuries though a complicated process called cell mediated immunity. I think tren may do somewhat the same but can't swear to it. I suspect that eq may work similar to deca.
            HGH is really good for joints and tendon. We have some threads on deca and hgh in regard to healing. DECA does not ease joint pain by lubricating the joints thats a myth.
            Brutha when you get a chance can you please post the docs on this? I always thought the deca-healing-gig was only a temporary "mask" via lubrication only while ON. I thought the only actual joint "healer" was GH?

Thx

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• iPenetratah
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by liftsiron
                Solid information.

As far as trenbolone, is this because of it's ability to increase IGF-1 levels and increase igf-1 receptor sensitivity?

Comment

• liftsiron
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2003

Originally posted by iPenetratah
                  Solid information.

As far as trenbolone, is this because of it's ability to increase IGF-1 levels and increase igf-1 receptor sensitivity?
                  I don't know I only have anecdotal evidence. I would suspect that tren works by a very similar mechanism of action as deca.
                  ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Deacon
                    Vet
                    • Jan 2005

as to actual healing who knows - but there is no doubt you feel better while on cycle and you do not break down like a guy who is not using - that is why guys like Bonds did so well - when the rest were wearing out as the season progressed they kept playing at a high level - that is where steroids do well for you
                    Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
                    "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

• Pumpitdude
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2007

youtheman bud tnx

Comment

• -JP-

There are many articles and posts regarding the increase in collagen synthesis with the use of certain aas. i.e. deca, eq etc. You will also come across articles talking about the decrease in collagen synthesis with certain aas i.e. test. I have read conflicting reports to the degree at which that happens though. I have seen extreme differences in percentages ranging from 20-80% so who knows.

Personally I am more then convinced deca helped me heal from a few injuries to 100% health at a very quick rate. However during your research also read up on Deca dick. *Horrible* HAHA

Comment

• Hawaiianpride.

Deca due to it's ability to lubricate the joints via synovial fluid.

Long R3-IGF-1 has also been injected under the tendon sheaths to help speed recovery from tendon tears or chronic tendonitis. The strong anabolic properties of this peptide hormone may complement the activities of many other joint-recovery compounds.

Comment

• Pumpitdude
                            Vet
                            • Jan 2007

I have been reading these sources and one thing that caught my attention at the most is test lowering the collagen synthesis by %50 or more. Now there is an increasing rate of people in mixed martial arts getting popped for steroids. I am not just talking about UFC, overall including the regional shows, small times etc.. There is also an increasing trend of mma fighters getting hurt and pulling out of fights. Now people always get hurt when they are training for combat sports but if we just concentrate on the increasing part, we can see that the trend has a very large positive slope. Today it is fairly common for a fighter to pull out due to injury, get replaced by another fighter which pulls out due to injury also, and after all this the original fighter whose opponents were pulling out gets injured and they scrap the bout altogether. This happened many times in 2010 and 2009. Although the competition heating up and people training harder and harder is one of the reasons for the injuries, I wonder if the lingering effects of test usage is also behind this.

Comment

• -JP-

^^^There are many variances that you are not accounting for. I think the use of test decreasing collagen synthesis is grossly over estimated.

Comment

Working...