Blood work with HP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hawaiianpride.

Blood work with HP

Some people could care less about blood work. Some people go by body language to determine if their organisms or restoration is successful, some go by parroted advice from other long time or even short time users who think they know it all and have never had any ill-related issues, some just don't give 2 shits about their health and just want to look big. Well I'm here to say fuck all that nonsense and start getting your shit together. If you aren't going to cycle safely, legitimately, allowing for your future endeavors to be accomplished while setting a good example to others, then you shouldn't anywhere near any type of performance enhancement drug.

Let's go over the fundamentals of blood work first. We all (or god forbid most of us) know that the abuse of AAS can have a slew of potentially detrimental health complications/consequences, most commonly in relation to liver/cardiovascular health. However these problems can almost always be identified in blood work way the fuck before physical symptoms, body language, or your gut feeling tell you otherwise or become apparent. Cardiovascular disease, for example, is a disease that can take decades to progress. Cholesterol and triglyceride testing can be used to identify and control early risk factors and decisions that would support the disease over time. Liver damage is also generally obvious in liver enzyme tests well before it becomes visibly noticeable to the person. The same holds true for many areas of general health. If you are using AAS, the regular assessment of health with blood work, and the adjustment of therapy when the results call for it, is regarded as the most effective strategy for reducing health risks! I will repeat this, REGULAR BLOOD WORK IS REGARDED AS THE MOST EFFECTIVE STRATEGY FOR REDUCING HEALTH RISKS! So kiss your "but I feel fine so I am fine" thought process goodbye and start applying this advice next time you decide to cycle.

Here's what I do in relation to blood work when dealing with anabolic support. I like to undergo 3 different phases of blood exams personally. The first exam will look at my health before the cycle even begins. This is done to asses my current condition and risks before any therapy is initiated, and to set baselines for later comparison. The next is on-cycle testing which is used to assess the direct impact of the AAS use.(what the drugs are actually doing to your body while they are being taken). The latter phase of testing is the follow-up, which is done to ensure your original state of good health has been restored once the drugs are no longer in the body.

Now what do I ask for when I see my doc HP? Well I tend to go all out and if you are under health insurance I would do the same. For my pre-cycle baseline exam, I'd ask for the hormone (steroid, lh/fsh), lipid (standard full set), full liver, blood, kidney, electrolytes/minerals/glucose, and prostate. Once results are in, save them and don't misplace or lose them. This paper is MUY IMPORTANTE.

Your on-cycle exam will be slightly shorter then baseline. This time I'll ask for lipids, liver panel (only if you are administering orals), blood, kidney, electrolytes/minerals/glucose. You could do the hormone panel if you are unsure about your steroids being real or not because if they aren't your this particular part of the test would check out the same as your baseline exam. BOOM, there is a way to test if your shit is real or not. I get to many guys asking me "oh hp how do i know it's real?" well there you go son. Get tested and find out.

For your post cycle blood exams (which should be taken roughly 6 or so weeks after your last dose of SERM/PCT IMO) ask for hormone (steroid, lh, fsh), lipids, liver panel (if orals are being used during cycle), blood, prostate, electrolytes/minerals/glucose.

This method is far more effective then the time on = time off only bullshit so next time you are ready to cycle come back to this thread and apply it. I could supply reference ranges for each category if you wish but this would hardly be of any importance as everyone's body chemistry is completely different thus everyone's reference ranges are different, gnome sayin'.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I get a complete blood work up done twice per year. I feel it very important.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Hawaiianpride.

It's vital even for individuals not on anabolic support.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Hawaiianpride.
        It's vital even for individuals not on anabolic support.
        Agreed especially for old guys like me.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• frenchBB

really good post , but so many neglect prevention of problems , when most problems due to aas can be easily control .

Comment

• Hawaiianpride.

Prevention is better than treatment, always!

Comment

• TAVARES88
              • Aug 2008

^^^^^ Agreed ! I do mine twice yearly and I'm not on AAS.
              Adopt what is useful and reject what is not.

Comment

Working...