X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeHammer
    Vet
    • Oct 2011

AAS induced Acne

Whats up guys, any of you suffer from AAS induced acne? if so how do you stop it? Tetracyclin? doxycyclin? minocyclin? Retin-A cream? what dose and how effective was it for you?
  • rockinred
    Vet
    • Oct 2011

Bro... I don't, but one thing to check is your blood level and hormone levels. For example if you are pinning prop eod instead of ed, you can get the levels a little whacky and your body reacts that way. I see a lot of bros coming off cycles that break out bad because of the estrogen levels. I also see guys running too much anti-e's cause really low estro and body reacts with acne. Or even injecting once a week with a long ester instead of twice. Or really high doses....etc.

Check to see what you can fix on that part as well. might help to reduce or even eliminate. If those are in check, than that's just one of your sides you will have to deal with. Retin - A works for most. My teenage girl takes it and it wipes it out. Over a period of time your body will become immune to it and you can change it up.

Also, don't forget to drink lots of water. flushes out the pores, if you are oily and restrict the oil with a hat or hair it will clog up the pores and contribute...etc...

good luck.
    Work Hard...Train Hard...Play Hard!!!

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Topical green tea oil is supposed to help, you may wanr to try bodybuilder's bodywash. Good stuff.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A.B
        VET
        • Jun 2004

Only time I really have acne come out is during PCT. Doesn't last long and nothing a tan can't help out

Comment

• Shovel
          VET
          • Jul 2011

I get a few on my shoulders and back once in awhile, but can't say it's that bad for me. Is it ridiculously bad?
          Semper Fi

Comment

• JoeHammer
            Vet
            • Oct 2011

I dont have it now, im actually not even cycling now but the 2 times i have, it is ridiculous. frankly its stopping me from having longer/proper cycles or from even doing any more aas at all. i know its a common side and a quick google search will show you tons of people get it and try all kinds of tropical remedies lol i was hoping someone on here gets it, has a treatment for it and could share. the stable blood levels could be a part of it- ive only ever run short esters eod, prehaps that wasnt good enough? im diligent with my AI use and dont think thats the cause. It seems no one really knows the cause of AAS induced acne- or at least doesnt know a sure fire way of counteracting it

Comment

• Freezerdude

I always get a little backne from test, More from C than E don't know why? I found showering twice a day stops it if that don't help try the BB wash I've heard a lot of good things about it..

Comment

• BikerTrash
                Vet
                • Aug 2011

I typically only get a couple pimples on my back and shoulders ocassionlly but I have found as well that showering twice a day with unscented soap and tanning helps keep it all away. Never been acne prone though .

Comment

• bufbiker

At 55 I don't get acne. Very rarely any pimples even. Although I do have this one right in the middle of my forehead right now. I popped it at work today and it left this red bump.
                  I feel like I should be running a convenience store or something.

Comment

• D
                    Vet
                    • May 2007

First cycle, I broke out really bad, looked like a pile of ants on my back. I ran Accutane after I came off and it cleared it up. I know it's very toxic but nothing else worked so it was a last resort type thing. I started with low dose and tapered up and then tapered down. Ran a cycle after that and very very little acne with that.
                    Everything I say/post/pm is strictly for entertainment purposes. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY SERIOUSLY! Thanks

Comment

• 2Rhodesians

I got some nasty acne after my cycle last year, which is kinda whacky IMO. From what I know, pimples are created from clogged sebatious glands. These glands produce something called sebum and sebum production is directly related to serum test levels. You'd think that while on cycle dosage you'd expect more acne, but in my case it happened after. I'm guessing that mine was due to estrogen/estradiol levels more than sebum blockage.

I know that my wife breaks out a little bit once a month for obvious reasons. It seems like when her estradiol levels are highest (which then triggers LH production), about half way through her monthly cycle, she gets a pimple or two. Which kinda sucks if we're trying to get pregnant... this is immediately prior to ovulation, she she has a pimple or two on her grill. Nice!

Comment

• mth498
                        • Feb 2012

Green tea oil works great. My bro gets bad acne naturally on his back and somtimes face. But the Green Tea oil works over night he has no marks on his face at all.

Comment

• TwoGunsNYC
                          • Feb 2012

Taking care of your face: Exfoliating Face Wash (Murad, Cliqnue, Loreal, etc.) + Clinque Step 2 Scruffing Lotion + Face Moisturizer (Murad, Clinque Step 3, etc) + Facial Mask every once and a while.
                          Taking care of your body: Apricot Scrub (lots of it)
                          Or watch the opening monologue of American Psycho and follow that :-P
                          Worse case - Accutane = THE CURE

Hope this helps...

Comment

• hay bailer
                            VET
                            • Jul 2011

i got bad acne my last cycle on my back towards the very end of it and it worsened while in pct and after. Estrogen was in check and blood work proved it; so that was not the case as many would assume. The thing is growing up i struggled with acne and i naturaully have oily skin so i am predisposed to that side effect. The two showers a day and tanning make a big difference for sure though.

Comment

• pips
                              Vet
                              • Aug 2011

i was fine until i ran a hard high mg deca /test c cycle and broke out like mad.tried it all ...bb bodywash helped but came back and after it all i ended up using accutain generic from underground.cleared it up some but then paid the price for human grade and got fixed up added caber and it all went away granted my eye lids felt like sandpaper.lol i wouldnt suggest it.

Comment

Working...