X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deacon
    Vet
    • Jan 2005

Bonds and steroids back in the news

Get MLB news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

I cant wait to get this book - I will take the money I was gonna spend on Hooker's book and buy this one
    Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
    "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
  • DaPit26

yay!!! More steroid bullshit publicized!!!

Comment

• CO-B16
      Vet
      • May 2004

he is innocent i tell ya, innocent
      THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

• alwaterpolo

Why can't they just leave the guy alone?

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

The book isn't even out yet and has moved forward more than 100K spots to #3 on Amazon.com.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• alwaterpolo

Originally posted by liftsiron
            The book isn't even out yet and has moved forward more than 100K spots to #3 on Amazon.com.
            Damn...That is intense...steroids in the news really get a lot of attention...I know I sure pay attention to them

Comment

• ronb
              VET
              • Sep 2004

Sports Illustrated had an excerpt from the book in their latest issue. it's well written and for the average person it will get them all pissed off that steroids are ruining the world and no one will survive. Yeah ok. There's quite a few contradictions so far. i haven't finished reading it yet. They are playing the racial card big time. They describe Bonds as this sweet man who was so quiet and just did his job. After Maquire started getting attention Bonds wanted to best maguire because he felt it was his game. Now they trip up. indirectly to a point they say bonds felt he needed help since he was a black man in a white mans game. After taking winstrol he becomes this raging bigot. he also had a wife and a girl friend long before the juicing. he divorces the wife and then marries another black woman. his girl friend is white. this is just a gloss over of what was said in this excerpt but you get the idea. Later on they say that after bonds was doing it a while Andersen would cycle him off and on. He'd stop for a week and run clomid then start another cycle. At one point they say bonds was running cyp, deca and GH. i'll read more later and list other things said but you see how this can sway opinions. They also mention him doing something like 20 tabs a day then balco was giving him some concotions containing norbolethone(the clear) and a mix of 'synthetic test' and epitest(the cream). He did one three week cycle of gh using eod shots. All this time he would go from a raging lunatic to a gentleman and back. Not for nothing but this is a pile of shit. this guy was most likely a prick long before he knew which end the needle goes in the skin.
              Failure is not an option

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass out all day long.

Life can be summed up in one four letter word .. NEXT!

Former Admin@

Comment

• Deacon
                Vet
                • Jan 2005

that is true RON B - Bonds has always been a self centered asshole - steroids didnt effect him at all - he was always like that

but now Congress says it wont take any action - just makes you laugh at their earlier fiasco hearings - all they did was mess with Maguire's chance to get into the Hall Of Fame
                Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
                "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

• ronb
                  VET
                  • Sep 2004

yeah and that's too bad because he deserves it. Maguire was a big guy to start off with so what if any benefits did he get from using or supposedly using anything. This book is going to cast a bad shadow on the entire steroid issue because they're saying what people want to read. when i read it carefully i almost shit myself. The very beginning of the story they said bonds was almost or as big a bigot as his father. From that i have to assume his father was an asshole too. then they say later on that he started doing winstrol and soon after his hitting power increased. Let's go out on a limb here and say this could be mind over matter. they mentioned this after he supposedly lost some power because he stopped his cycle. I'm going off of memory right now but i saw some things that made no sense to me but if i gave this to my mother she'd be all over the steroids are bad bandwagon. these guys just want to sell the book.
                  Failure is not an option

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass out all day long.

Life can be summed up in one four letter word .. NEXT!

Former Admin@

Comment

Working...