X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inhibitor
    VET
    • Dec 2018

Nandrolone and injured tendons

I thought this was an interesting read by Mike Arnold. I was always under the assumption to use Nandrolones especially Deca to give that "lubrication" effect to help with an injured tendon/joint. I would read on forums were guys would swear by how their once nagging elbow, knee, or shoulder would feel great after a few weeks of Deca use. What are your thoughts on this?

"Another side effect of AAS use that is more prone to cause problems for older lifters is its effect on connective tissue, particularly the tendons. AAS have been shown in numerous studies to decrease collagen production (as much as 80% according to some studies), and with collagen being critical to the maintenance of connective tissue like tendons, any decrease in its production will lead to weakness and an increased risk of injury. Some AAS have also been shown to increase collagen production, but in doing so, the internal structure of the tendon undergoes a type of remodeling, causing it to lose elasticity. This results in a bigger, but more brittle and therefore weaker tendon. Either way, the end result is the same—weaker tendons and an increased risk of injury. Lastly, certain steroids, such as nandrolone, have also demonstrated the ability to decrease the healing rate of injured tendons. It appears that AAS are all-around bad guys when it comes to connective tissue health." - Mike Arnold
Working...