Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrod
    • Jun 2010

proper t3 taper&

I would like to get some input on t3 cycle.
    How does the below look?

Days 1 & 2 - .125 per day
    Days 3 & 4 - .25 per day
    Days 4, 5 & 6 - .50 per day
    Days 7 - 14 - .75 per day
    Days 15, 16 & 17 - .50 per day
    Days 18 & 19 - .25 per day
    Days 20 & 21 - .125 per day

Thanks
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

You body produces approx 25mcgs ed so 25mcgs or less doesn't do anything. except perhaps shut down your normal T3 production.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• jrod
      • Jun 2010

So it wouldn't make any sense to start with anything lower than .50, correct?
      Better to start at .50 and slowly work up to 150.
      I've read some bad things about people messing up their thyroid by using too much or for too long.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by jrod
        So it wouldn't make any sense to start with anything lower than .50, correct?
        Better to start at .50 and slowly work up to 150.
        I've read some bad things about people messing up their thyroid by using too much or for too long.
        I never went past 100, for years now 50-75 does me very well.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• jrod
          • Jun 2010

Do you even ramp up at all or do you just start at 50-75 and stay there for a few weeks? Do you split your dosage throughout the day?
          Thanks

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by jrod
            Do you even ramp up at all or do you just start at 50-75 and stay there for a few weeks? Do you split your dosage throughout the day?
            Thanks
            What I did for the last 8 months was run 50mcgs right through except for 6 weeks when I went up to 75mcgs.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Axle

Good advice here, I myself like a 75 mcg dose. Be cautious going over 100 MCg some do mess up. 75MCG for 90-120 days is a standard for myself.

Comment

• alluprbdy
                Vet
                • Oct 2011

The standard T3 protocol is a 5 week taper up, taper down with a 2 1/2 week or so run at peak dose. Ive used t3 or t4 a ton and used different ways, I think the most conservative way is to use it as a 5 week deal. I've been on as long as 1 year before when combining with GH, I used it at 50mcg a day durring that. I've had my blood work done and my thyroid recovered no issues.

days
                1-3 25
                4-6 50
                7-9 75
                10-27 100
                28-30 75
                31-33 50
                34-36 25
                R.I.P. MASSWITHCLASS
                R.I.P. INCREDIBLEHAWK

Comment

• A.B
                  VET
                  • Jun 2004

I only pyramid in 25mcgs doses. Good protocols listed above.

Comment

• alluprbdy
                    Vet
                    • Oct 2011

that is in 25mcg doses, im not sure what you mean..25mcg, 50mcg, 75mcg, 100mcg
                    R.I.P. MASSWITHCLASS
                    R.I.P. INCREDIBLEHAWK

Comment

• Jimmyinkedup
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2012

I dont find the need to go over 75mcg but I have run it as high as 125mcg/day.
                      I also never taper down. It doesnt benefit to do so. Over 25mcg your shut down and the sooner you just stop the sooner your thyroid will resume normal function. Tapering down just prolongs the time this takes with no benefit and more of a chance to start going off the deep end undoing the hard work you put in to get to that point. When your used to eating at 75-100mcg of t3 if you dont adjust caloric intake as you lower dosage you will start to undo your results.

Also when you stop for about 2 weeks you have to be super cautious about your diet so you dont again undo all your hard work. The only way I would taper up is if it was my first time and I needed to assess tolerance. I just jump on at usually 50mcg/day, sometimes at 75mcg/day. I like t3 and the thyroid bounces back quickly. People that were taking t3 for years stopped and within weeks their thyroid had resumed full and normal function (greer et al).

Just make sure you are on anabolics to avoid catabolism.

Comment

Working...