Protein Supplements vs Eating

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Sexy

Protein Supplements vs Eating

Im planning on goin on a diet very soon and did not know if i should be drinkin a majority or my protein or eating it. I know that eating your protein is superior to drinking a shake or eating a protein bar, but what if the shake is higher in protein? For example, I make my shakes with at least 50g of protein in them so would it be better for me to drink a shake or would I be better off eating a piece of meat that only has 25-30g of protein?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Do a couple shakes a day between meals as well as eat whole food lean protein meals. Also you want to include some good carbs.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Big Sexy

Originally posted by liftsiron
      Do a couple shakes a day between meals as well as eat whole food lean protein meals. Also you want to include some good carbs.
      I was planning on only having 2-3 shakes a day depending on my schedule for the day. The biggest question I have is breakfast. I am planning on eating 3 eggs with a low fat piece of cheese (roughly or 28g of protein) or having a protein shake mixed with skim milk (roughly 60g of protein). What do you think would be the better? option?

Comment

• juced_porkchop
        Vet
        • Jun 2011

I dotn eat any meat what so ever and have not for over 8 yrs. i take in about 200g a day from whey then another 80-150g from food.

shakes are fine.
        I rec addign 2-3oz of olive oil to each shake and possibly soem oatmeal blended in if your not gonna have ot limit cabrs too much.

I take in about 3-4X 50-70g shakes every day.

Comment

• juced_porkchop
          Vet
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Big Sexy
          Im planning on goin on a diet very soon and did not know if i should be drinkin a majority or my protein or eating it. I know that eating your protein is superior to drinking a shake or eating a protein bar, but what if the shake is higher in protein? For example, I make my shakes with at least 50g of protein in them so would it be better for me to drink a shake or would I be better off eating a piece of meat that only has 25-30g of protein?
          I dont eat any meat what so ever and have not for over 8 yrs.
          i take in about 200g a day from whey then another 80-150g from food.
          i have put on 40lb over the last 4-5yrs so im happy with results. but your other food msatters also. you cant live/gain JUST off protien powder but it can be a MAJOR help to diet, if your diet is on point.

shakes are fine.
          I rec adding 2-3oz of olive oil to each shake and possibly some oatmeal blended in if your not gonna have to limit cabs too much.

I take in about 3-4X 50-70g shakes every day.

Comment

Working...