Body Fat

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eyoung0829

Body Fat

Ok, currently im at 22% body fat. Im 5'9 weigh 225, been training off and on for about fourteen years. Right now im doing dc training because it seems to be the only routine i have ever had success from. I want to cut my body fat down to ten percent. Just curious about the best way to do this. I need diet help and supplementation help.
  • CO-B16
    Vet
    • May 2004

Most here are going to need to know what your current diet plan is before they can make adjustments. Lay out what your daily diet is and Im sure many will have suggestions.
    THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Try this diet bodyweight in pounds x 10 = your daily calorie total.
      55-60% protein 25-30% good carbs and 10% fats. Works like a charm!!!!

Comment

• eyoung0829

Meal 1- 2 scoops whey proytein
        Meal 2- 4-6 egg whiytes-1cup oatmeal-1cup grapefruit
        Meal 3- 6-8 oz chicken-veggies
        Meal 4- 2 scoops whey protein
        Then I blow it lol

Comment

• CO-B16
          Vet
          • May 2004

I would eat more meals instead of the shakes imo....This will speed up your metabolism helping drop the weight and bf....Not sure of your age, but only two real meals a day will generate a slow metabolism...I would swap meal two and one and throw in another protien/greens meal between meal 2 and 3...Gotta hit that cardio also if dropping bf is the main goal....
          THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

• Rajincajun
            Vet
            • May 2007

Eat, eat, eat to loose weight. I know it doesn't sound right but it does. I'm almost 44 now and still easily 10% if not lower and I do a light cardo mainly biking. I eat 4 good meals a day very lean meals lot of fish eggs and chicken and greens. For me to get lean I had to take a garbage bad and empty all my food into and go give it to a homeless person. Then I only bought fish, chicken and greens and lived on that for a year and went from 22% to 8% and now I stay at 10% and I eat a nice large pizza once a week or burger so I have my treats all the time so to me I really don't diet at all.. One thing that helps is a have a young girl that likes it a lot LOL so I get major cardo with her.
            48? It's only the beginning.
            In life I fail and fail again, that's why I succeed..

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Rajincajun
              Eat, eat, eat to loose weight. I know it doesn't sound right but it does. I'm almost 44 now and still easily 10% if not lower and I do a light cardo mainly biking. I eat 4 good meals a day very lean meals lot of fish eggs and chicken and greens. For me to get lean I had to take a garbage bad and empty all my food into and go give it to a homeless person. Then I only bought fish, chicken and greens and lived on that for a year and went from 22% to 8% and now I stay at 10% and I eat a nice large pizza once a week or burger so I have my treats all the time so to me I really don't diet at all.. One thing that helps is a have a young girl that likes it a lot LOL so I get major cardo with her.
              Sounds like a good plan.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• MaNiCC
                Vet
                • Jan 2011

I would also look at taking the shakes out and replacing them with proper nutrition.

How long has been your diet?

Try what lifts recommended or alternatively i have heard many people speaking about a significant amount of fat loss by following a ketogenic diet.

Comment

• JTerry
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

Grab a diet plan, stick to it firmly dont cheat over your diet plan and keep patience as results will not show up over night. It will take some time.

Comment

• eyoung0829

My goal is to compete in a local show in june of 2012. My body fat is high so really at this point I'm not real sure what to do. I'm sure u guys can help lead me in the right direction

Comment

• oneeyedwilly
                      Vet
                      • Jul 2011

Good luck bro. I started cutting at the beginning of this year after a 2 year layoff and eating like horseshit for that entire time. I started out at 225 and around 26-28% bf and now I'm around 10%

I shed off 30lbs in the first three months, naturally. The key? Diet 100%. Yes, I worked out 3-4x a week but truth be known I was nuts on with my diet.

For me, I was taking in 1600-1800 cals/day, 200g protein, low/moderate carbs, and no carbs after 4pm.

Again, good luck and keep asking questions. Lots of knowledgeable bros on this board that can help you out.

Comment

• eyoung0829

Thanks man for the help. Still not sure what my approach should be right now. Really want to lose the body fat but dont want to lose muscle in the process. Obviously i want to be as big as possible for the competition but i have 11 months to get ready. so still a little confused.

Comment

• oneeyedwilly
                          Vet
                          • Jul 2011

So long as your protein intake is high and you are getting stronger in the gym, you're not losing muscle.

Losing muscle and burning fat is pretty tough to do at the same time. I would ease into things and focus on getting a solid diet dialed in and a decent workout routine going. Then go from there.

Comment

Working...