X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cabo Jo
    Vet
    • Aug 2011

Blood pressure and cholesterol drugs

My bp has been around 135-145/85 for the past few months.Seems like it's stayed high after my last run with tren.

Hemo was high too 53,last time i donated a few weeks ago.

Not sure on cholesterol.

My question is that lots of people say they are getting on Lisinopril.If you start using that drug do you need to stay on bp meds for life?

Statins for cholesterol.I've read that 1/4 of people are on statins,over the age of 40.

Are both of these drugs somthing I should consider at the age of 50?

I compete in Masters bb,so i'm going to keep doing my blast n cruise for a couple more yrs,with moderate doses.

been on and off,mostly on for 8 yrs.

I know only a doctor and blood tests can tell me for sure,just thought i'd ask for a few opinions.
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

See a doctor and get some levels ran and be candide about your lifestyle maybe he can help. I highly recommend finding an HRT doc they will be more open

Comment

• BikerTrash
      Vet
      • Aug 2011

My blood pressure stays higher than that everyday , alot higher than that .
      I wouldnt start any BP meds untill you have exhausted all option , what is the cause of it ?
      Try to rule out any variables that cause high BP first ,then if it doesnt come down to there u want it to be go see a doc.
      Many things can cause high BP and alot of the time it can be corrected without meds.

Comment

• Number-LL
        Vet
        • Jan 2012

I agree with BT. I finally had to start taking some lisinopril after my doctor and I tried a lot of different things.

The statin drugs are a last resort too. They really mess with your liver. My doctor doesn't Rx them unless your cholesterol is very high and your inflammation blood tests show fairly high levels. My cholesterol is a little above range but my inflammation blood work comes back excellent at very low.
        I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• Cabo Jo
          Vet
          • Aug 2011

Thanks guys !!

I'm going to try what BT suggested..I haven't done any cardio in a couple years,my matabolisum is crazy,it's a struggle to keep weight on.I'll start hitting the treadmill with some coq10,see if i can shave some points off my bp.Also going to cut down on the sodium too.No more bulking with my body type,probably best for me to stay pretty lean year round.Had no idea statins messed with you liver,there's always sides to everything damn,lol.

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

When needed BP meds can add healthy years to your life. Statins have so many negative sides, that I would try diet first and add oats and krill oil to my daily supps.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• T1DMMA2BB
              Vet
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by liftsiron
              When needed BP meds can add healthy years to your life. Statins have so many negative sides, that I would try diet first and add oats and krill oil to my daily supps.
              Agree. I added more oats and krill to my diet to lower my levels. It worked well. Plus more cardio. If you have a hard time keeping weight on maybe Bear 5000 or some weight gainer like that would help. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...