X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • water43
    Vet
    • Mar 2010

quick protein food ?

i'm going to go on a real food only since protein powder is getting expensive ! so what is a fast protein food for post wo ? ...eggs...milk..?...beans...fast digesting and would replace whey isolate or whey hydroxy ? thanks...ice cream w/ added egg whites in a blender maybe
    the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Triple zero yogurt 15 grams per container. Muscle monster 25 grams per can.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Darkness
      • Apr 2011

best = egg whites

whey protein is garage anyway

Comment

• reps
        Vet
        • Oct 2007

I mean eggs aren't really a quick protein source but I eat tons of em......lean beef would be good pwo...bi guess if your going straight food.....timing through out your day is most important...keeping your protein intake consistent and up it after training and at night when you have less carb intake

Comment

• Glycomann

Canned tuna

Comment

• bufbiker

I'm in agreement with reps. You want to maintain a steady intake of protein throughout the day. You don't really have to worry about a quick fix post workout if you keep protein digesting constantly.

Comment

• MidwestBeast
              • Sep 2012

Echoing what's already been said -- if you're going whole food, just make sure your calories and macros are on point for the day, week, etc. and you'll be fine. I've lately started working out fasted in the morning and have been on Rx for levothyroxine for years, so now I take it at 5:15, train, and don't eat anything until 9:30 AM. I personally still do a whey isolate shake because it's quick, hits me quick and keeps me focused and alert without carbing up just yet.

And as for the whey is garbage comment, I'd say that it's not. There are definitely brands that are because they spike it with aminos and you're not getting what you're supposed to; and it's also not as important as many make it out to be (again, as long as macros and cals are on point, you're good). But a good source from a good company can certainly be helpful.

I don't take a lunch at work so I can bail 30 minutes earlier. I just have a shake and I'm set. It also affords me more calories to play with for dinner, which makes it more flexible with my wife. That works well for me

10% off your entire order with code: CHEAPER

Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

"Following Jesus don't mean that there won't be pain
              But um, it does promise that none of it is in vain"

- Andy Mineo

Comment

• Magnesium
                Vet
                • Dec 2009

Eggs are a great choice. I also like to cook up a whole bunch of beef or chicken once a week or so to keep on hand. I'll do something like 5 pounds of ground beef at a time, vacuum pack it and freeze some of it to use over the next few weeks. Just pull it out of the freezer or fridge and add it to a salad or whatever.
                Canned tune, salmon and chicken are also solid options if you can't refrigerate. Jerky is my favorite option, but it takes a bit of time to make. Usually I'll use my smoker and do up 5-10 pounds of top round cut across the grain at a time.

Comment

• Thate
                  Vet
                  • Mar 2007

hard boiled eggs

your favorite scrambled eggs poured into a muffin tin and baked

Both of these are great quick on the go high protein snacks

Comment

Working...