X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • water43
    Vet
    • Mar 2010

useing weight for ab work ?

should I use weight when exercising abs ? like crunch or hanging legs for lower abs or decline sit ups ? thanks opinions wanted
    the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

If you want to build thicker abs using some weight will do the trick.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• beast
      Vet
      • Mar 2010

Get them with using weights, then stop using weights if you want to try and keep the smallest waist possible. They won't go away.
      Beast doesn't condone the use of any drugs without the proper script from a doctor. Everything said by Beast is for entertainment purposes only and mostly bullshit!

Comment

• millenium girl
        • Apr 2006

I used to do weighted abs but thickness isn't what I was after. I do lots of reps of different ab exercises now (window wipers, flutter kicks, elbow to knee, crunches, sit ups and reverse crunches). Works better for me.
        Don't forget to join
        http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
        http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• A.B
          VET
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by beast
          Get them with using weights, then stop using weights if you want to try and keep the smallest waist possible. They won't go away.
          This. Great advice. Use the weight to build hard abs and no weights to maintain

Comment

• ketsugo
            Vet
            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by water43
            should I use weight when exercising abs ? like crunch or hanging legs for lower abs or decline sit ups ? thanks opinions wanted
            That depends on you. Like me- NEVER- I have thick abs and I want my waist to remain thinner and want the V shape. Weights add thickness. I dont ever do machines - I do reverse crunches, planks of various, I place ball under back to get fuller stretch as floor limits range of motion and I go SLOW up and SLOW down, pause on every rep for moment during contraction. If you are thin and cant see any muscle then yes do some weights so they show through skin
            What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
            Confucius
            Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

Comment

• water43
              Vet
              • Mar 2010

well i'm gonna add a better range of motion and add days of weight on a couple days a wk and the rest of the time more volume/reps and no weight . see how that works and tighten my dietary needs to get less bf...thanks for suggestions
              the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• pillsbury
                Vet
                • Feb 2013

man if i could have 5 in thick abs i sure as fuck would. bigger is better. seriously though majority of ppl have weak abs compared to lower back. this is the one of the biggest cause of lower back injuries. lower back will compensate on heavy loads, so much shit like nerves and discs its easy to hurt. honestly ive always used weight and most everyone i know has and i have yet to see anyone with an unaesthetic midsection

Comment

Working...