• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrutalHoney
    VET
    • Nov 2016

Pec Isolation/Horrid Asymmetry

Okay, everyone...

What is THE best pec isolator you guys know of?

I need to even out these damn boobs of mine, they're like a D-cup and a B-cup, it's horrible. I was hoping I could get away with a dumbbell bench press, but there's too much shoulder involvement. (Naturally, my shoulders/tris are uneven too). Even dumbbell flyes seem to rely a lot on that anterior deltoid.

I need to get these guys even and I just don't know what to do.

Can anyone help me out?
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

Yea bro do flat bench Dumbbells bench press but turn your palms in so they face each other instead of facing towards your feet, as if you're doing flys. Go real deep with them and slow. Play with the mind muscle connection and you'll feel the sweet spot. For me the sweet spot where it's all pec and no shoulder is about half press half fly. So at the bottom the DBs are out from your body a bit, and travel towards each other in an arc to the top.

If for some reason you're feeling shoulder tension still, add 15 degrees of in line or so to the bench. Make sure you're shoulder blades are pulled together behind you as close as possible. All titty and no shoulder here.

That's what I do when I wanna crush titties. Once a month or so I throw this in.

Comment

• Dakota
      VET
      • Feb 2017

Do them in decline with the deepest stretch you can, pause, then return.
      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Dakota
        Do them in decline with the deepest stretch you can, pause, then return.
        This is what I was going to suggest. On your weak side do some sets with a DB 5 pounds heavier than your strong side.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• BrutalHoney
          VET
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Darkness
          Yea bro do flat bench Dumbbells bench press but turn your palms in so they face each other instead of facing towards your feet, as if you're doing flys. Go real deep with them and slow. Play with the mind muscle connection and you'll feel the sweet spot. For me the sweet spot where it's all pec and no shoulder is about half press half fly. So at the bottom the DBs are out from your body a bit, and travel towards each other in an arc to the top.

If for some reason you're feeling shoulder tension still, add 15 degrees of in line or so to the bench. Make sure you're shoulder blades are pulled together behind you as close as possible. All titty and no shoulder here.

That's what I do when I wanna crush titties. Once a month or so I throw this in.
          Dude... where has this chest exercise been all my life? I found a new favorite...

I'll try the incline/decline variations if I feel necessary, but right now I'm loving this bench-fly, as I'm calling it. It's not unlike cable flyes, depending how you do them.

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

Like darkness said ad a slight incline to the bench. My chest gets super pumped when doing that and I don't feel it in my shoulders much

Comment

• choke

Have you considered plain ole push-ups?
              Try this: Get a med ball, and place the strong side hand on the ball, and the side you need to beef up, on the ground; and rock deep push ups, focusing specifically on form, NOT reps. 4 sets of 12, taking as much time as it takes to do perfect form push-ups.

There is NOTHING better at balancing your musculature out than the basic push-up.

Are you familiar with planches?
              Also try planche pushups. To do a planche push up, get in the normal position. But turn your hands so your fingers face out. Then, push yourself forward by pointing your toes. So now that your hands are near the mid-line of your body. Again, good form. These bastards will hammer you and force your body to balance itself.

I am speaking from experience.

Comment

• Dakota
                VET
                • Feb 2017

Or use IGF1 DES on the weak side. I used it on my weak side trap and it literally jumped up. I am a true believer that DES creates site gains after using it asymetrically on my traps.

Comment

• BrutalHoney
                  VET
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Dakota
                  Or use IGF1 DES on the weak side. I used it on my weak side trap and it literally jumped up. I am a true believer that DES creates site gains after using it asymetrically on my traps.
                  Do you have a protocol? It looks like it's be most useful right after using, as it binds to lactic acid in the muscle, etc.

And what amounts, etc.?

Comment

• Dakota
                    VET
                    • Feb 2017

I used 50mcg a day in the smaller trap and trained my traps 3 days a week for 6 weeks. It was a marked difference. I wish I would have taken pix. Good DES is the shit if you ask me.

Comment

• BrutalHoney
                      VET
                      • Nov 2016

Curious how you did your trap all three days- barbell, dumbbell, same volume, less volume with more frequency..?

Comment

• Dakota
                        VET
                        • Feb 2017

I rarely do the same thing two sessions in a row. But for traps I often pre exhaust with a light weight until you cant take it anymore then jump to heavy dumbells to failure and then run the rack backwards in 10lb jumps all to failure. My traps and back take freaky workouts like that to respond. My arms and legs will grow by looking at weights. It is weird how we are all so different.

Comment

• Darkness
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BrutalHoney
                          Dude... where has this chest exercise been all my life? I found a new favorite...

I'll try the incline/decline variations if I feel necessary, but right now I'm loving this bench-fly, as I'm calling it. It's not unlike cable flyes, depending how you do them.
                          Glad it worked for you. After you adapt to this in a couple months, make it harder and keep growing by adding a quarter rep at the bottom for completing the full rep pushing up. Also take 4 seconds on the downward motion for pushing up. Then if you want mega tittle pump, do a quarter rep at the bottom and at the top of the rep. Something about that ...

Comment

• BrutalHoney
                            VET
                            • Nov 2016

I'll try that out.

Two things I noticed: first, my delts will feel it in the middle (weird) doing this, but only if they're already exhausted (and it might be more on the left, which I wouldn't complain about).

Second, it is just about impossible for me to lower a weight, be it this fly, a regular fly, a bench, a dumbbell bench, or ANYTHING, with the pecs. I can lift with them, but lowering I can't help but engage with something else, usually shoulders. What's up with that?

Comment

Working...