Frequnecy of training

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urafreak

Frequnecy of training

Always like to know what other people are doing. I train 6 days a week. I am about to start 3 days on 1 day off....
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
  • Easto

I go anywhere from 4 - 6 times per week.

Comment

• jyzza
      Vet
      • Jul 2003

5 days a week...sometimes 4 or 6.....it all depends what my body says...but most of the time it's 5....
      * muj kochanie *

Comment

• daem

6 days a week...3 lifting with cardio 3 lifting and 1 completely off.

my body reacts very well to 2/day sessions with cardio in the morning.

Comment

• urafreak

<!--QuoteBegin-daem+Jul 2 2003, 02:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (daem &#064; Jul 2 2003, 02:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->6 days a week...3 lifting with cardio 3 lifting and 1 completely off.

my body reacts very well to 2/day sessions with cardio in the morning.[/b][/quote]
          Haven&#39;t done much cardio in a while. I drop a lot of weight when I do.

Might try for cardio 2 times a week, maybe 20 minute sessions, just to tighten up a bit.

I think 3 days on 1 off will work out well for me.

-urafreak

Comment

• urafreak

daem whats your split btw?

-urafreak

Comment

• prolangtum

6x a week usually, sometimes 5, i listen to my body, it tells me when i need a rest.

Comment

• rado

It really depends. Some weeks I train 5 and some I train 4. No more than 5 though. The body needs a rest too no matter if your bulking or cutting.

Comment

• razrblack

5 days a week, someitmes twice per day. i try to work everythign twice a week. hate treadmills so i do boxing,a nd racquetball for some good cardio.

Comment

• Farm Boy

6 days a week for me too. i usually do bag work or rope work in the a.m and lift in the p.m. i was lifting in the a.m but found that i was not all that strong that early in the morning, much less motivated.

Comment

• urafreak

i just switched from am to pm. i think i&#39;m liking the night time better.

Comment

• Farm Boy

i can definitely tell a difference in my strength. my lifts went up any where from 5 to 10 lbs.

Comment

• urafreak

nothing like that for me, i just feel better. i find it hard to eat enough in the morning to sustain a grueling workout. in the evening i have plenty of energy.

if i notice that i need a change of pace, i will workout in the am again.

Comment

• deeballer

on cutting cycles i like to train 6 days a week on bulking 5 days a week.

I train everybody part twice a week except quads. Now i do cardio 3 times a week 30 min sessions.

also when cutting i like to do a lot of volume exercises like drop sets super sets.

Comment

• olymp34

In an interview on the tonight show Arnold Scharzenegger was asked how many days a week he trained, and his answer was 6 times/week, but on a post someone said he only trained 2 days/week.

I&#39;ve heard people say to only train a muscle group once per week, yet none of them have shown test results, or specific data to back this up. It seems people are reading what someone else wrote, and passing it along to the next guy, without knowing for sure if its the truth&#33; Also, age is important, yet most people don&#39;t include their age.

There is talk about muscle breakdown, and overtraining, but I&#39;ve still not seen the evidence to support these ideas. What would be wrong with training a muscle to failure 3 times/week instead of one? Wouldn&#39;t this yield faster results? What about 5 times/week? How do we truly know what is too much? I&#39;m still not convinced one way or the other on this most important topic, and I welcome any and all suggestions.

Comment

Working...