3rd month progress pic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

3rd month progress pic

It's been almost 3 months since I started back to the gym after a year layoff.
    My arm injury is still severe, but I found I can hammer it heavily and it doesn't hurt more, just the same.
    Things are going well with 4 workouts a week, split between chest/back/arms, and legs/shoulders.
    Last week I got 90's on the flat dbell press for 6, and this week I got 80's for 12, so things are looking up.
    (PS: I haven't been able to do flat dbell presses with 90's since 2003).
    Weigh around 235 and can still wear size 34 jeans. Although they are a bit tight, the 36's are a bit loose, so it's all good.
    Thanks for your words of encouragement.
    Attached Files
  • BikerTrash
    Vet
    • Aug 2011

Excellent Excellent Progress Mrhtbd
    Traps look like Mountains "Where the hell is your neck ...lol
    Definalty looks like your getting thicker and yet still staying lean ,,,,,,,,Good muscle definition and "damn" whats them guns measure anyway ?

Comment

• Freezerdude

Looking good brother, You have made some really good progress and Muscle Memory has treated you quite nice.. I agree with BT those traps are fucking awesome! Stay at it bro but watch the arm before you do much more damage..

Comment

• stumpyone
        • Jan 2012

you took a year off with 3 months back and thats ur pic?!?! id say your set bud. look great man. damn your stacked for a year off
        shoot for that last rep and when you get it... do two more!! semper fi do or die gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!

i am an idiot, i dont know nuthin bout nuthin. i have never done anything illegal but get great joy from pretending that i have. drugs are bad o.k. I am a loser that likes to type about shit that ill never have the sack to do!

Comment

• Shovel
          VET
          • Jul 2011

Outstanding!
          Semper Fi

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Looking bigger and better every time you post a pic.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Jumperz
              Vet
              • Sep 2011

good work! i was off for 3 months with a broken collarbone a few years back i lost ALOT of size. well done!

Comment

• ozzy69
                Assistant Admin
                • Jun 2011

like looking in a mirror--minus the tattoos

Comment

• BigSickD
                  Vet
                  • May 2004

Good work dude, looking thick and balanced.
                  BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• Darkness
                    • Apr 2011

3 months of progress !? Very nice bro.

How bout dem trapz?........

Comment

• stumpyone
                      • Jan 2012

ok, ill bite the bullet on this one... what in the hell r u doing to train your traps. my god man! details......
                      shoot for that last rep and when you get it... do two more!! semper fi do or die gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!

i am an idiot, i dont know nuthin bout nuthin. i have never done anything illegal but get great joy from pretending that i have. drugs are bad o.k. I am a loser that likes to type about shit that ill never have the sack to do!

Comment

• tilltheend
                        • Jan 2012

Looking good keep it up!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Dem der traps lookin' like mountians bro...nice seperation between the upper pecs & traps.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Wow, you guys are awesome, thanks!
                            Actually, my right trap is worse than my forearm.
                            Really serious pain and constant irritation.
                            Got a cortisone shot and it did nothing; lidocaine patches, nada, bad news there.

For years my standing shoulder workout was a tri-set:
                            1x6 wide grip behind-neck smith presses (collar to collar)
                            1x8 upright rows (strict with 105 only)
                            1x12 lateral raises with just a 10lb olympic-bar plate in each hand.
                            I would do 5 tri-sets in a row, just resting the few seconds it took to switch exercises.
                            I did that for years, but since getting stabbed 2 years ago, aside from my forearm, my right trap has only gotten worse.
                            I don't do upright rows anymore, it's unfortunate because I used to love them.

Anyway my current workout is simple:
                            Mon/Thurs
                            superset 10 sets each chest/back, then superset 7 sets each bicep/triceps
                            Tues/Fri
                            superset legs/shoulders, 8 to 20 sets each
                            example: superset leg press/lateral raises 10x10
                            then superset hack squat/seated behind neck, collar-to-collar smith presses (very strict w/no more than 125).

I know what is getting the nice tie-in between my biceps/upper pecs/shoulders and traps, but you won't believe me.
                            It's my bicep/tricep superset.
                            I use a two-handed rope on the low pulley.
                            Start with hammer curls to shoulder (elbows out/knuckles in) with a weight you can get 12 reps, then kneel down,
                            turn away from the pulley holding the rope handles and lift to shoulder in one swift movement,
                            (so the starting position will be elbows up with your hands holding the rope handles behind your head).
                            Extend your hands up like a french press.

I do 7 rotations, non-stop, usually starting at 60lbs and increasing the weight 1 plate each set for 6 sets,
                            rep range 12, 12, 10, 10, 8, 6.
                            On the 7th set, I drop the weight down to 40lbs and blast 40/50 reps quick and non-stop for each biceps/triceps.
                            After the chest/back supersets, this gives me the incredible pumps you see in the photo's which I take in the locker room right afterwards.
                            I'm in and out of the gym in 1 hour and 10 minutes, including the shower.
                            My days of cheat curls until the cows come home are over.

Even though I've made some progress, it's not all roses, because I find it very difficult to rest or sleep.
                            Here I am, 4:30 in the morning, wide awake, sober, arm throbbing like hell.
                            I guess I can at least lay down to try and get my nightly 2-3 hours of sleep now.
                            Once again, thank you for your support!

Comment

• rocco-x
                              Vet
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BikerTrash
                              Excellent Excellent Progress Mrhtbd
                              Traps look like Mountains "Where the hell is your neck ...lol
                              Definalty looks like your getting thicker and yet still staying lean ,,,,,,,,Good muscle definition and "damn" whats them guns measure anyway ?
                              holy shit...he's right,lol...!what have you been doing for traps/only thing i've been doing is pulling up a bit on deadlifts.looks like i'm gonna have to start doin some serious shrugs brother! those are the traps i want.where they come up to your ears,lol!

Comment

Working...