Matt76's Training Log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt76
    • May 2007

Also after this training cycle it's back to shirt work for a couple months b/c then it will be meet time. However, if I do feel the need to get in a shirt or do reverse band bench instead of raw i'll do so and continue with my training cycle the week after

Comment

• future

Originally posted by Matt76
      A tate press is also known as an elbow out extension. you take 2db's lay on a flat/incline bench. Put the butt ends of the db's on your chest then with your elbows flared extend your arms. They work the bottom on the triceps big time

Comment

• future

Ok, have you thought about some hypertrophy sets in your training? You do alot of just low reps. I worry about tendonitis AND that you arent getting a full rep range on assistance work.

Comment

• Matt76
          • May 2007

a lot better than my explanation

Comment

• future

Know what you said was good too but I have done them so it made sense. A picture is worth a thousand words so a video clip must be worth about a million.

Comment

• Matt76
              • May 2007

Originally posted by future
              Ok, have you thought about some hypertrophy sets in your training? You do alot of just low reps. I worry about tendonitis AND that you arent getting a full rep range on assistance work.
              yeah I was getting some pretty bad tendonitis, but it's finally started going away. Also with my new training plan I think the reps of seven will be alright for hypertrophy and if need be for more volume I might throw in another exercise and i'll up the reps for hypertrophy

Comment

• Matt76
                • May 2007

Wide Squats- barx10 135x5 185x5 225x3 275x1 315x3 335x3ez

BB Shrugs- 225x10 275x10 315x10

SLDL of step- 225x7 315x7 315x7

Good workout. Will start to up the poundages on all lifts.

Comment

• future

Cool. How wide did you squat and deep?

Comment

• Matt76
                    • May 2007

Cool. How wide did you squat and deep?
                    Well i've been squatting shoulder width, but now it's much wider it looks more like a PL and it's as deep as I can go in that stance. I had a couple guys come up to me and said I must be a PL b/c I squat so deep. I used to squat like this but it's been several months and i'm feeling it. The weight felt really light today so I should be hitting some heavy weight before you knwo it

Comment

• future

AWESOME! Keep it up man! I really think you can be benching and deadlift 600 very, very soon.

Comment

• Matt76
                        • May 2007

AWESOME! Keep it up man! I really think you can be benching and deadlift 600 very, very soon.
                        Thanks bro. I'm going to be ordering some titan briefs soon. Hoping it'll help me stay tight during heavy squats and DL's. I'm also looking foward to DLing sumo

Comment

• future

I think from looking at you that sumo might not be your best fit. You arent a strong squatter but your lower back is strong. My thought is work on conventional.

Comment

• Matt76
                            • May 2007

I think from looking at you that sumo might not be your best fit. You arent a strong squatter but your lower back is strong. My thought is work on conventional.
                            yeah my best squat is only like 385x5. I might just try a wider conventional stance. I just feel so uncomfortable and off balance when I try to DL with good form

Comment

• future

From your clips you look strong but just need to really have faith in the technique.

Comment

• Matt76
                                • May 2007

Flat Bench Comp grip pause- barx10 135x7 185x5 225x3 275x1 300x1 325x4

3board- 365x3 405x1 435x1 455x1nice and smooth

Seated DB Military Press- 65'sx7 85'sx7 100'sx7

BB Curls

Good workout today. I was still bringing the bar down to high on my raw bench. I'm going to take some chalk and put a line on my stomach to where I want to bring the bar too. I think this should help correct it. Other than that everything went fine. I had more left in the 3board but didn't want to over do it. Can't wait till my next heavy day

Comment

Working...