Matt76's Training Log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt76
    • May 2007

Paused Bench comp grip- barx10 135x7 185x6 225x3 225+dbl minix3 225+dbl lights x3 225+dbl average's x stapled to the bench 225+dbl lights x3 had a few left in me

Rotator work

Had a hell of a time getting the weights out of the rack. I was benching in the squat rack and they have really deep J-hooks and when I use my comp grip I have to be set up perfectly otherwise I can't even come close to getting the weitghts out of the rack. When I used the average bands it was the first time they have ever been used and I also had them set up uneven and basically by the time I got them out of the J-hooks I was flat back and got stapled like a pussy.

This was the first time I have ever really done heavy band work raw and I love it. I'm going to alternate between bands and chains instead of doing a speed day.

Overall it was a great day and I can't wait to do this again

Comment

• Matt76
      • May 2007

Squat- barx10 135x5 185x5 225x3 275x2 315x1 355x1 385x3 didn't have any bounce out of the bottom.

SLDL (off a stepper which puts the bar right on top of my feet) -
      225x3 315x3 365x3 385x5PR very solid

I think I forget to mention that I always do my SLDL's off a stepper which puts the bar 3-4inches lower than a regular DL from the floor. Well I just didn't feel that strong on the squats but other than that my SLDL's were great. Will start back on my DL routine next week

Comment

• goes4ever
        • Sep 2004

nice workout bro

Comment

• Matt76
          • May 2007

Originally posted by goes4ever
          nice workout bro
          Thanks G4E. I haven't been getting enough food in either b/c I go to bed at like 2 and wake up at like 2 haha so it doesn't leave to much time for food

Comment

• Matt76
            • May 2007

Bench Raw Paused- barx10 85x3 135x5 185x3 225x3 275x1 315x1 365x1

Shirted Bench- 365x didn't touch (DT) went down about 3inches 405xDT down 5-6inches These sets were done middle finger on ring

435xDT down 6inches 455x DT down 7-8inches still had about 4inches to go -- These sets done with pointer finger on ring

Tricep Extentions- 120x5 140x5 160x5

Done

Great workout today. 455 in the shirt felt like 300 besides for the fact that it was awkard b/c i'm not used to using a shirt. I had a hell of a time getting it on. I'm still not sure if it was on all the way but it worked pretty well. I just had trouble getting the damn shoulders up. I think i'll be able to touch 500 in the shirt if not no biggy i'll work with it and get it to work. I have a few months before my meet so all is well.

I'm going to hit shirted bench again next week then take a light week or two then i'm hard at it for the rest of the summer.

Comment

• buffness

Good deal bro, I bet it was a bitch to get into lol. You should be able to get 500 after you get used to it.

Comment

• Matt76
                • May 2007

Originally posted by buffness
                Good deal bro, I bet it was a bitch to get into lol. You should be able to get 500 after you get used to it.
                Yeah I figure i'll be good for 550+ for my meet in august

I have all sorts of lashes on my forearms and triceps. And some on the back of my shoulders but it's going to be worth it for sure

Comment

• Matt76
                  • May 2007

DL- warm up 420x2

Speed Deads
                  - 340x3 8sets

Lat Pulls
                  - 200x5 230x5 260x5 300x5

Good workout had to change routine. Lifting partner pulled a muscle in his back doing speed deads

Comment

• goes4ever
                    • Sep 2004

NICE workout............speed deads with 340................wow, I can dream

Comment

• Matt76
                      • May 2007

NICE workout............speed deads with 340................wow, I can dream
                      With this program i'm going to be doing speed deads with 370 next week. I doubt they'll be too speedy though

Comment

• goes4ever
                        • Sep 2004

well I was told by IA that if your speed drops you need to back the weight back down, speed deads and bench are just for "that very reason" and that is speed, don't sacrifice speed for too much weight, you are doing awesome now

Comment

• Matt76
                          • May 2007

well I was told by IA that if your speed drops you need to back the weight back down, speed deads and bench are just for "that very reason" and that is speed, don't sacrifice speed for too much weight, you are doing awesome now
                          yeah bro I hear ya but this routine was developed by Coan and he is a stud and knows his shit. Here is the web addy

Comment

• buffness

I agree on that. If the weight gets to heavy for you to move at a quick pace, guess what, It's no longer speed work. Ex will tell ya the same thing..

Comment

• goes4ever
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Matt76
                              yeah bro I hear ya but this routine was developed by Coan and he is a stud and knows his shit. Here is the web addy
                              http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/c...bmit=Calculate
                              I am no expert bro, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But one thing I DO KNOW is if speed slows down, it is TOO DAMN HEAVY for speed work....lol

Comment

• Matt76
                                • May 2007

I am no expert bro, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But one thing I DO KNOW is if speed slows down, it is TOO DAMN HEAVY for speed work....lol
                                Yeah I know, but we'll give it a try and see how it goes

Comment

Working...