Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigWilly
    • Sep 2004

wooooooooo hoooooooooooo
    "Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's levels of aspiration...and expectation."

Comment

• mpresiv

We'll be here cheering for ya IG!!!!! we are all so proud of you

Comment

• Jester
        VET
        • May 2004

Anyone hear from IG?

I am dyin' over here.... how did she do?

Comment

• mpresiv

BUMP!!!!!

Comment

• irongirl

Hey guys!!! You've seen my Good Luck Irongirl thread so you know how I made out. Thanks for your support- I appreciate it soooo much.

Anyway, this journal is now officially laid to rest..lol..I am going to start a new one soon when I get back on track. Right now, I need to start some cardio today if I can move enough-water retention is killing me. I'm like the Pillsbury dough boy- jesus!!!

Comment

• irongirl

Just thought I'd add a few thoughts before I leave this one alone. I know some thing s that I will do differently the next time around. Right now, I am planning on competing in the World Qualifier in July. They usually have it in a different place in Canada each year. So it involves significant travel. So I will be looking for a sponser, doing some fundraising and our association will help out. Anyway, that's besides the point.

First of all, I will not use Clen and T3- I really do not feel they didi much for me at all. My first comp, I used eph/caff and another non-stimulant fat burner and I feel that it worked better for me.

I will not use Lasix as my diuretic- did shit all for me.

Secondly, when my diet starts it'll be super clean from the get go. NO condiments or aspartame at all. I can certainly live without it.

I am not going to use the stepper for cardio. I have to bring down my legs and, I know, there are different schools of thought on use of the stepper, but I'm not chancing it, so I'll do without it. I'll do treadmill, bike and elliptical.

I will train my abs regularly. I really don't know if this will make a difference, but it can't hurt.

And I will squat- it will be very light weight and high reps, but I think I need to do it to keep things tight. It's a catch 22 situation for me because of my big lower body.

And if anyone knows how to bring my calves DOWN, please enlighten me. Of all the fucking problems to have!!

And my off season weight has to remain low. I can't pack it on like I did last year. That hurt me, I know it. I bought a pair of jeans the day of the show- I bought them a size bigger than what fit me that day. That's as big as I'm getting- size 8. LOL....I have never been a size 8, but it looks good on me if I can maintain it.

So, there you go. If anyone has any comments/suggestions, I appreciate it. If not, it's all good. Just wanted to let you know what I had planned. I am going to continue DC training. I probably won't start until Monday. Just do cardio this week. I need the break.

Comment

• goes4ever
                • Sep 2004

can you just quit training calves all together? won't that make em shrink??

Comment

• irongirl

can you just quit training calves all together? won't that make em shrink??
                  I dunno g4e...I guess they would shrink, but is it wise to not train them at all? It's a hard call to make I think. THen again, I don't know. If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know!

Comment

• goes4ever
                    • Sep 2004

how about doing light weights, high reps........or train them every other time that you normally did........

Comment

• future

My own personal thoughts is to bring out more detail etc while still building up your upper legs more. I dont like the idea of loosing a good bodypart just to be balanced. That is my personal thoughts and I think judges are self righteous ass whipes. Anyway, I wouldn't loose your calves. Do what you can to bring everything else up.

Comment

• irongirl

My own personal thoughts is to bring out more detail etc while still building up your upper legs more. I dont like the idea of loosing a good bodypart just to be balanced. That is my personal thoughts and I think judges are self righteous ass whipes. Anyway, I wouldn't loose your calves. Do what you can to bring everything else up.
                        Well I can understand what you are saying future, but I have to be realistic too. Firstly I am natural. My calves are 18 and quads are 22 inches at contest. I really don't think that I can bring everything up enough to make them look proportional- not without gear. Am I being realistic or trying to take the easy way out?

Comment

• future

I understand. Just consider what you are doing for legs and try to change that first. I really dont think all of a sudden at your maturity level you will be able to make those things shrink.

Comment

• irongirl

I understand. Just consider what you are doing for legs and try to change that first. I really dont think all of a sudden at your maturity level you will be able to make those things shrink
                            As you can see, from my journal, what I am doing for legs is all high rep/low weights. Leg ext, lunges, leg press, hamstring work. I did no squats during my contest prep. And I only occasionally worked calves- very lightly. Please give me your advice on what I should do differently, if anything. I know I am in a difficult situation, and I may never have the physique that I, or the judges, want. But I can damn well try. And, yes, I'm old when it comes to this- I know that's one strike against me. But I will not give up easily- that much is for certain.

Comment

• future

Honestly, I would add squatting and leg extensions twice a week. Maybe even do some sprint work for cardio once a week.

Do 1 major compound lift for quads. Like squatting. Warm up 2-3 sets. Then hit your heaviest set for 8-12 reps to failure...keep the same weight do another set...maybe drop the weight 10-20 lbs and do another set finally do one last set.

Then move to 3-4 sets of high rep leg extensions. I like the 15-25 range.

China squats are a nice thing to keep ALOT of tension on your quads. You squat down as deep as you can BUT only come up half way then go back down. It's tough but it'll cook your legs.

Comment

• future

Your second leg day you might just squeeze in with some other bodypart day. Just do like a couple of strip downs with leg extensions or something. Nothing too taxing.

Comment

Working...