LT: 240 x 12 straight
    TT: 260 x 12 straight

Cybex Prone Hamstring Curl:
    LT: 140 x 20RP
    TT: 150 x 19RP

Barbell Squat (ATF):
    LT: 255 x 4; 225 x 6
    TT: 255 x 6; 225 x 8
    *Don't really need to point it out since last workout was a PR, but 255x6 is a new PR for full range squats... sad as that is!

NOTES:
    Workout felt great today... managed to really get myself psyched before the set of squats - I barely felt the weight on my back until the last rep when I was shaking to get it back into the rack! Funny that my "light" set actually felt heavier than the heavy set. Squats are frustrating for me since I started doing full range on them - I basically started from scratch on the bottom 1/3 of the movement... progressing pretty well now, but it is annoying!

Comment

• PTAaron

I think I'm gonna get my training partner to shoot a little video for my during my next leg workout... mainly to see if I am really going down far enough on hacks... I can throw it up online if anyone would want to see it... Won't be til next Monday though.

Comment

• irongirl

Good stuff Aaron!!

And of course we'd like to see the vid. I'd probably post more of me doing stuff, but it wouldn't be anything earth shattering like Matt's lifts.

Comment

• PTAaron

Thanks IG

I'll definitely post it up if I can get him to film... he's the type to be paranoid about what other people would think if he was filming me doing a set...
          It won't be anything near as imperssive as Matt either - but should be fun

Comment

• PTAaron

Left to go to the gym this morning... but I forgot that people don't know how to drive when there is more than 1" of snow on the ground... so I just turned around and headed home. I figure if it is going to take me an hour to get to the gym - there is no way I'll be making it to work on time - and for some reason my boss prefers that I am there when I have patients scheduled. It is rude, but what are ya gonna do?

Comment

• PTAaron

Ok... so today was a fucked up day... This morning I tried to call Vicki (the girl from the Vegas trip) - and left her a message on her cell phone that basically said I was "done" with the situation and done waiting for her ... and that I was not going to be text messaging, emailing, or calling her anymore - and that I was removing her phone number from my cell phone (which I did once I hung up the phone)... Felt pretty good about the decision because it has been going on for far too long.
              Was a good day... then as I was driving home I got a phone call from a number that looked familiar, but wasn't listed in my cell phone... So I answer it thinking maybe Vicki wanted to explain to me what the hell was going on and why I hadn't heard from her in a month (since she told me she loved me)... Instead I hear a guy's voice saying "Who is this?" So of course I say "This is Aaron, who is this?" "Mike" "Mike who?" "Mike, Vicki's boyfriend Mike"
              So I just said "Whats up Mike? How you doing?" and he immediately starts with "I know you're sleeping with my girlfriend" - which is a complete lie... he starts claiming he was having "us" followed and knows that we have been together and basically making up a ton of crap - none of which was true... and claiming that he knew all about it because she admitted it. I explained that it would be impossible for her to admit to things that never happened, so I really wanted to know when we supposedly were doing these things - because I really wanted to remember... Finally he seemed to get the point that I knew he was lying... and started to go into "I know who you are and where you are..." and I cut him off saying "Mike, are you about to threaten me? Because if you are that would be a bad idea because you are a politician" all of a sudden he got real nice... and started telling me how he screwed their relationship up and he knew that it was almost over... and that he knew she and I were friends and that we still talked... and that he followed us when we met up (which didnt' happen)... then he said "Listen... I just want to ask you to back off until she and I are through... then she is all yours" ... I told him I didn't want her... It was funny because then he started telling me how she was great, but just had to work though some of her issues - almost like he was trying to convince me to take her after he was out... very odd.
              By the end of the phone call I had him practically feeling sorry for ME for him calling me. It was a really really strange phone call. He got my number off her caller ID because I called her home phone before the cell phone...
              Anyway... had to share...

Comment

• antihero
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by PTAaron
                Ok... so today was a fucked up day... This morning I tried to call Vicki (the girl from the Vegas trip) - and left her a message on her cell phone that basically said I was "done" with the situation and done waiting for her ... and that I was not going to be text messaging, emailing, or calling her anymore - and that I was removing her phone number from my cell phone (which I did once I hung up the phone)... Felt pretty good about the decision because it has been going on for far too long.
                Was a good day... then as I was driving home I got a phone call from a number that looked familiar, but wasn't listed in my cell phone... So I answer it thinking maybe Vicki wanted to explain to me what the hell was going on and why I hadn't heard from her in a month (since she told me she loved me)... Instead I hear a guy's voice saying "Who is this?" So of course I say "This is Aaron, who is this?" "Mike" "Mike who?" "Mike, Vicki's boyfriend Mike"
                So I just said "Whats up Mike? How you doing?" and he immediately starts with "I know you're sleeping with my girlfriend" - which is a complete lie... he starts claiming he was having "us" followed and knows that we have been together and basically making up a ton of crap - none of which was true... and claiming that he knew all about it because she admitted it. I explained that it would be impossible for her to admit to things that never happened, so I really wanted to know when we supposedly were doing these things - because I really wanted to remember... Finally he seemed to get the point that I knew he was lying... and started to go into "I know who you are and where you are..." and I cut him off saying "Mike, are you about to threaten me? Because if you are that would be a bad idea because you are a politician" all of a sudden he got real nice... and started telling me how he screwed their relationship up and he knew that it was almost over... and that he knew she and I were friends and that we still talked... and that he followed us when we met up (which didnt' happen)... then he said "Listen... I just want to ask you to back off until she and I are through... then she is all yours" ... I told him I didn't want her... It was funny because then he started telling me how she was great, but just had to work though some of her issues - almost like he was trying to convince me to take her after he was out... very odd.
                By the end of the phone call I had him practically feeling sorry for ME for him calling me. It was a really really strange phone call. He got my number off her caller ID because I called her home phone before the cell phone...
                Anyway... had to share...

damn, that is pretty fucked up......at least he started feeling sorry for you....lol

Comment

• PTAaron

yeah, it was really strange... the guy is a nutcase.

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 3

Decline Barbell BP:
                    LT: 255 x 13 RP
                    TT: 265 x 11 RP

Machine Shoulder Press (Icarian):
                    LT: 230 x 11 RP
                    TT: 240 x 13 RP

Close Grip Smith Bench:
                    LT: 195 x 12 RP
                    TT: 195 x 14 RP

Behind the Head Rack Chins:
                    LT: +25lbs x 19 RP
                    TT: +35lbs x 15 RP
                    *damn hard... got the top of my head to bang into the bar on rep 16, but didn't go past so I didn't count it.

Floor Deadlift:
                    LT: 315 x 4; 275 x 8
                    TT: 355 x 3; 285 x 8
                    *Minor jump in weight .... Rep 4 I got about 3" off the floor, but I couldn't hold form if I went any further...

NOTES:
                    Pretty happy with this workout... I was seriously having doubts about the jump on declines - but I just took some extra time to really get myself pumped before the set and it worked. On the deads... I don't know I just thought going up 10lbs sounded like too much of a pansy move... and I was feeling like a forklift so I wanted to see what I could do.

Comment

• PTAaron

In case anyone is really bored... I decided to actually get into the holiday spirit this year - even though I don't really want to... here are some pics of my christmas decorations: www.ptaaron.com/christmas/
                      Not really feeling the holidays though - this time last year is when the ex-wife and I were just seperated... oh well. Old news. The future is better

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 4 (modified)
                        Did this workout at a different gym than usual - so I had to change my quad and calf exercises.

Seated Alternating Curl:
                        LT: 45s x 15 RP
                        TT: 45s x 16 RP
                        *Barely got number 16... this set was doomed from the start when I only got 8 reps on part 1 of the RP

Dumbell Pinwheel Curls (4-6 second negatives):
                        LT: 35s x 12 straight
                        TT: 40s x 10 straight

**Paramount Calf Machine (5 second negative, 15 second stretch each rep):
                        TT: 80lbs x 13
                        *Was scheduled to be hack squat calves, but this gym has no hack machine...

**Cybex Squat Press:
                        TT: 720+sled x 10; 540+sled x 23
                        *Was scheduled to be hack squats - but like I said, no hack machine.

Stiff Leg Deadlift:
                        LT: 100x6, 120x6, 140x6, 160x6, 180x6, 200x6
                        TT: 105x6, 125x6, 145x6, 165x6, 185x6, 205x6
                        *These were hard because my back is still toast from deads on Saturday... keeping it locked flat was a challange.

NOTES:
                        I was pissed when I walked into the gym and saw there was no hack machine - I thought I had seen one before when I was there doing cardio. I was more annoyed that my workout partner schedule his doctor appointment during our workout time when he could easily have made it for tomorrow... guess the gynocologist couldn't wait. Oh well... the bicep curls were insanely hard today - I think last time I may have accidentally started out doing the set as supination curls instead of having my palms locked into the supinated position the whole time - the twisting obviously makes it much easier.
                        Was kind of annoying that a lot of the "regulars" there were giving me dirty looks the whole time I was there working out - not sure what their deal was... but every time I glanced up between sets or exercises I had at least one person glaring at me. Maybe I smell bad today or something.
                        On that note... shower time.

Comment

• PTAaron

Cardio day... 45 minutes on treadmill at 3.8-3.9mph 1.0 incline.

Comment

• PTAaron

Oh yeah... the hack squat video didnt' happen yesterday - mostly because I didn't do hack squats as planned

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 5

Hammer Strength Incline Press:
                              LT: 135 each side x 11 RP
                              TT: 135 each side x 13 RP

Smith Behind the Head Press:
                              LT: 150 x 11 RP
                              TT: 160 x 11 RP

Smith Reverse Grip Bench:
                              LT: 165 x 13 RP
                              TT: 175 x 14 RP

Hammer Strength Wide Pulldowns:
                              LT: 135 each side x 16 RP
                              TT: 155 each side x 14 RP

Smith Overhand Bent Rows:
                              LT: 115 x 14 straight set
                              TT: 130 x 11 straight set
                              *It seems like I should be able to do so much more on these...

NOTES:
                              Good workout. I'm a little frustrated with my chest this blast though... Usually my chest progresses fairly quickly and my triceps go slow... this time around my chest is barely squeaking by and my triceps are kicking ass. Strange.

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 6

Barbell Curl:
                                LT: 90 x 17 RP
                                TT: 95 x 15 RP

Reverse 1 Arm Cable Curl (4-6 second negative):
                                LT: 4 plates x 12
                                TT: 5 plates x 8

Leg Press Calf Raise (5 second negative, 15 second stretch each rep):
                                LT: 290 + sled x 11
                                TT: 290 + sled x 12
                                *Damn... these are hard!!

Sumo Leg Press:
                                LT: 560 + sled x 18 straight
                                TT: 600 + sled x 15 straight

Leg Press:
                                LT: 740+sled x 10; 600+sled x 20
                                TT: 780+sled x 11; 600+sled x 23
                                *Was supposed to only go up 20lbs, but I was feeling strong. On the widowmaker I added the plates up wrong... meant to be doing 620.

NOTES:
                                Good workout - pretty happy with just about all of it... wish I had added right on my widowmaker set though!! Hard to do math when you've just finished your heavy set...

Comment

Working...