Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buffness

alright...what's a widowmaker set? 20rep squats?

Comment

• irongirl

alright...what's a widowmaker set? 20rep squats?
      That's right

Good job Aaron. God, I hated leg day with DC training!!

Comment

• PTAaron

Yup... like IG said - thats your 20 rep set... Ideally what you do is you do your heavy set of 8-10, drop the weight by 20% then hit that weight for 20 reps - if you can.

Thanks IG

Comment

• PTAaron

Cardio - 45 minutes at 3.9 mph, incline 1.5 on treadmill

Abs - seated cable crunches: 160 x 26RP, 120 x 20

Comment

• PTAaron

Cardio:
            45 minutes on treadmill @ 3.8-3.9mph, 2.0 incline

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 1
              (LT=Last Time TT=This Time RP=Rest Paused)

Incline Smith Bench:
              LT: 235 x 8 RP
              TT: 235 x 7 RP
              *I screwed up here... I should have lowered the weight. Either way I still blew it on these.

Smith Shoulder Press to Front:
              LT: 160 x 13 RP
              TT: 165 x 12 RP

Floor EZ Curl Tricep:
              LT: 70+bar x 18 RP
              TT: 75+bar x 15 RP

Rack Chins to the Front:
              LT: +35lbs x 20 RP
              TT: +45lbs x 15 RP

T-Bar Rows (barbell and V handle):
              LT: 150lbs x 10 (6 25s)
              TT: 175lbs x 6 (7 25s)
              *I thought I could hit 10 again... but on rep 1 there was a LOUD crunching/grinding noise in my right shoulder so it kind of shook me up and I had a hard time keeping the set going after that.

NOTES:
              On a side note on Friday while I was at work I had an issue start with my left shoulder - while pushing up from a table the left AC joint really started hurting again - was mostly OK through the workout today, a little achy right now though after the workout. I'm not sure what happened with the right shoulder this morning - felt like it slightly subluxed as I stood up into position with the weight, then as I pulled the weight up it slipped back into place maybe... I don't know really. So far no pain in the right shoulder...

Comment

• irongirl

Oh, I hope the shoulder will be ok. I have that subluxation thing on the go with one of mine too. Not nice.

Comment

• PTAaron

Thanks IG. I'm not 100% sure that is what happened... but whatever it was it was loud... still feels OK... so I'm just gonna pretend it didn't happen

Comment

• PTAaron

Doesn't feel so OK anymore... Ironically enough it started hurting me while I was working on someone's shoulder at work today! Real funny.
                    I'm just concerned because if it did slip out of the joint to the front as I was doing my first rep on the rows it would have made my humerus grind right against the labrum... and thats not a good thing... and when I tore my labrum on the left shoulder it made a very similar sound...

Comment

• PTAaron

Cardio - 45 minutes on treadmill at 3.7-3.8mph 2.0 incline

Abs - seated cable crunch 160lbs x 30RP

Shoulder is popping and clicking with just about every movement today. Hard to tell if the soreness is from the muscular soreness of the workout, or from something else. When I get into work today I'm going to have one of my co-workers do some tests on it and see what I did. I'm a little concerned by all of the clicking - because that is consistant with a labrum injury - which I REALLY don't want right now... especially on my right side! Hopefully it is just something that will go away - because I don't have enough vacation time saved up to have surgery... and I can't drive my car if my right arm is in a sling!
                      I'm going to guess that the Friday workout isn't going to happen if things keep feeling like they do right now.

Comment

• PTAaron

Okay, here is the semi-technical results of getting my shoulder examined today...

OK... had a co-worker work my shoulder over for me... Right now flexion ROM is blocked at about 150 degrees in the saggital plane with significant pain... but if we go into the scapular plane, or even pure abduction I have full ROM with minimal to no pain.
                        The joint doesn't appear to be hypermobile - but there was a lot of guarding even when I was doing my best not to...
                        Labrum appears to be intact, passed all the tests for that. All muscle strength tests were normal and for the most part pain free, except flexion from 90 degrees - so no muscle tears in any of the rotator cuff muscles. If anything we're thinking anterior deltoid may be injured if any muscle is injured.

Right now we're going with a diagnosis of impingement and subdeltoid bursitis based on the mechanism of injury and the current symptoms. The biceps long head tendon was extremely sore to touch, but that could have also been the deltoid bursa anteriorly, because resisted elbow flexion was painfree and good strength.

I'm thinking Friday off, see how it feels for next Wednesday to possibly get back to it.

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 2

EZ Bar Preacher Curl:
                          LT: 60+bar x 15 RP
                          TT: 60+bar x 16 RP

Dumbell Hammer Curl (4-6 second negative):
                          LT: 40lbs x 12 straight
                          TT: 45lbs x 9 straight - OUCH! Damn.

Donkey Calf Raise (5 second negative, 15 second stretch each rep):
                          LT: 260 x 12
                          TT: 280 x 12 (PR)

Cybex Prone Hamstring Curl:
                          LT: 150lbs x 19 RP
                          TT: 150lbs x 21 RP

Barbell Squat (ass to the floor):
                          LT: 255 x 6; 225 x 8
                          TT: 265 x 5 (PR); 235 x 4
                          *Rep 3 and 4 of the "light" set I realized I was leaning way too far forward on the way up - so rather than risk my low back I "called it" at rep 4.

NOTES:
                          Shoulder still clicking and very sore with straight plane flexion today. Biceps did not bother the shoulder at all. Hammer curls did a little bit, but not enough that it limited my set. The only thing that really made my shoulder sore was leaning on my elbows during my Donkey Calf Raises - I spent most of the set leaning only on my left elbow with my right arm hanging down - which was fine.
                          I'm really unhappy about having to miss Friday's workout. I did do my rotator cuff routine yesterday - the shoulder felt really good doing that... so hopefully it will be fine by Wednesday.

Comment

• irongirl

Good job on the PR's!! Hope the shoulder will be ok.

Enjoying your program?

Comment

• PTAaron

Thanks IG
                              The shoulder seems to be calming down... I'm doing electric stim and ice treatments all day long...

Loving the program. It is great having IH breathing down my neck to keep me in line and kick me in the ass.

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 4
                                Did the workout at the gym by my house again - same workout I did there last time, so I have numbers to beat this time

Incline Dumbell Bicep Curl:
                                LT: 45s x 16 RP
                                TT: 45s x 17 RP
                                *These are annoying! Last time I got 8 on the first part of the RP, this time I got 10 - but still only beat LT by 1 rep. No rhyme or reason to the way my body progresses! LOL!

Dumbell Pinwheel Curls (4-6 second negative):
                                LT: 40s x 10
                                TT: 40s x 12
                                Was having more of an issue with grip than with anything else... I think I had my wrist wrapped too tight on the left side.

Paramount Calf Machine (5 second negative, 15 second stretch at the bottom):
                                LT: 80lbs x 13
                                TT: 100lbs x 12

Cybex Squat Press:
                                LT: 720 x 10; 540 x 23
                                TT: 740 x 11; 560 x 22

Stiff Leg Deadlift:
                                LT: 105x6, 125x6, 145x6, 165x6, 185x6, 205x6
                                TT: 110x6, 130x6, 150x6, 170x6, 190x6, 210x6

NOTES:
                                As I was beginning my set of stiff legs they started turning off the lights... I just kept going on with my set though... by the time I finished they had all the lights off and all the workers were standing around waiting for me to get done... Would have been nice if they had posted IN ADVANCE that they were planning to close up at 2pm instead of 10pm!! I didn't get a chance to do the quad stretch because of that... I just ran from my last rep of SLDLs to the locker room (after putting my plates away) and out to my car... Did the stretch when I got in the door at home... but it wasn't the same...

Comment

Working...