irongirl's off season journal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irongirl

But I don't get it..lol..when your arms go up over your head, what happens then? Obviously you have to unlock your elbows and kinda bend your arms? Is that it?

Comment

• Matt76
      • May 2007

Originally posted by irongirl
      But I don't get it..lol..when your arms go up over your head, what happens then? Obviously you have to unlock your elbows and kinda bend your arms? Is that it?
      nope that's the point keep your arms locked. If they want to bench they need to be further apart. The towel lets you bend your wrist. Also my shoulders would start to burn after like 15

Comment

• PTAaron

Alrighty then... well the board won't let me attach the picture of the stretch, but I did just email it to ya.
        If you have therabands available, try it with that first to get an idea of how it will feel. It is a great stretch for a lot of muscles - it isn't really that magical, it just really gets things moving. In a lot of people their shoulder issues come from tightness in the pecs and a slightly forward shoulder posture. That exercise helps to correct both parts of that issue. I do it myself - well I used to... now it would just help tear things more if I did it.

EDIT: deleted the vicki pictures from my journal... now i have space to put up the stretch So here ya go!

Comment

• irongirl

Awesome Aaron- thanks! Now I have it twice

Comment

• PTAaron

I figure this way all of your fans can have it too when they read your journal.

Comment

• irongirl

I figure this way all of your fans can have it too when they read your journal.
              LOL...all my fans...lol...you're sweet

Comment

• Matt76
                • May 2007

I still call it magical. Made my shoulder feel 100times better in a day so :P

Comment

• irongirl

I did cardio x 40 minutes in the a.m. (on the 15th) geez, this is gettin monotonous

Comment

• irongirl

Cardio today x 40 minutes before work.

Comment

• PTAaron

Nice work on the cardio. I haven't even been to the gym since Monday

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks Aaron. Seeing that's all I can do now, I can't slack off or my boo-tay will be draggin on the ground. Not a pretty sight

Comment

• irongirl

No cardio since Thursday. I had a crappy, crappy time since Thursday night. I am feeling pretty low right now. I have that work issue on my mind. hopefully it'll be resolved before the end of the week. I am a very good nurse, I made one little mistake (not life threatening by no menas!!! But they make you feel liek a fucking criminal) Plus my shoulder and BOTH knees were so bad yesterday. My doctor's office called and he wants to see me about my x-ray. In layman's terms, my knee had given out..LOL..it's a mess really. I will start acupuncture on it this week. I have no idea how it's gonna hold out when I start training again. I may not get to compete this year- I am frightened to death that'll be the case.

Comment

• goes4ever
                            • Sep 2004

well I wish you the best, I hope things turn out the way you want them too

Comment

• mpresiv

I hope everything turns out well IG. Keep us posted

Comment

• PTAaron

Sorry to hear about it IG I hope everything works out!

Comment

Working...