irongirl's off season journal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpresiv

Irongirl: Do those lunges with a barbell. If I can explain any better, try to do them by alternating each leg. Do them just like walking lunges but spring yourself back up to the beginning position, ...then do the other leg. Make sense?? Kinda hard to explain that one. I've never been a fan of smith lunges, they work basically like squats. I hope this helps, if not pm me

Comment

• irongirl

Gotcha mpresiv Good, cause I hate them on the Smith machine- too hard on my back, just not a natural movement. I will try them that way- springing back into the starting position, and see how my knee holds up. I have found this very hard on it in the past. But I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to it.

Comment

• mpresiv

If they still hurt let me know...

Comment

• goes4ever
          • Sep 2004

whatever you do, make sure you don't lose that new title

Comment

• irongirl

whatever you do, make sure you don't lose that new title
            OMG!! How long has that been there? LOL Being bootylicious is cool

Comment

• PTAaron

Just make sure you step far enough on your lunges that your knee doesnt' go past your toes (looking from the side) ... letting that happen is not so good for the knee.
              Nice title by the way

Comment

• irongirl

Yup, I'm real big on form in everything I do in the gym. I never let my knee go past my toes. I am really careful when it comes to anything about my knees.

Thanks

Comment

• irongirl

Yesterday's training.....I worked the night before, had 2 hours sleep, so my energy sucked.

Incline bench (Smith)....# is weight on the bar
                  (LT) 50 x 8/10 70 x 5
                  (TT) 70 x 4 50 x 8/6/4 ....a little fucked up, I know

DB Shoulder Press
                  (LT) 30 x10/6/7
                  (TT) 35 x 7/4/3

Skullcrushers
                  (LT) 60 x 10, 40 x 10
                  (TT) 40 x 20

Close grip pulldowns
                  (LT) 120 x 7/6/5
                  (TT) 105 x 9/6/5 ......told ya, my energy sucked. But the 105 was a good weight for me. I could really squeeze it, was able to hold for 2-3 seconds at the bottom and do a nice slow negative. Sounds liek I am making excuses..lol..

BB rows
                  (LT) 90 x 5/5/5
                  (TT) 90 x 8/6 ......I know I am suppsed to do 12 straight reps, but.....

I wanted to do deads, but my lower back is really stiff for some reason. Did some shrugs and ab work.

Comment

• goes4ever
                    • Sep 2004

looks good considering the sleep issue

Comment

• irongirl

looks good considering the sleep issue
                      Thanks. It's not bad I guess. I was never strrong on the incline bench. I have always found that a difficult exercise for me. Same with the skullcrushers. I gave them up ages back because I could not progress on them.

I was really happy with the DB shoulder press. Mostly because I have always relied on someone to help me. I did not think I'd get the 35's up- I knew I could press them, but getting them there is difficult for me. But I did it, so I was happy

I did cardio this morning. 30 min on elliptical, 10 min on bike. I am going to do it again this evening.

Comment

• Jester
                        VET
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by irongirl

I was really happy with the DB shoulder press. Mostly because I have always relied on someone to help me. I did not think I'd get the 35's up- I knew I could press them, but getting them there is difficult for me. But I did it, so I was happy

awesome... now that is what I call progress!!!

Comment

• irongirl

awesome... now that is what I call progress!!!
                          Thanks Jes! It's nice to know that excites someone other than me..lol..

I did cardio again this evening x 35 minutes. I have a few extra pounds on that I have to get off. I gotta keep things in check or I will regret it.

Leg day tomorrow. And the funny thing is, I am actually looking forward to it

Comment

• irongirl

Training this evening....

BB curls
                            (LT) 60 x10/6/4
                            (TT) 65 x 9/6/3

Pinwheel curls
                            (LT) 25 x 12
                            (TT) 25 x 12
                            Time to give these up. I cannot, no way, get 12 reps with 30 lbs. I just get it with the 25's. I'm just not sure what to do instead. I do hammers, and these.

Leg Extensions
                            2 sets of 20 @ 50 lbs

Squats (freestanding)
                            1 set of 15, 2 sets of 20 @ 90 lbs. I dunno, guess I'll up the weight next time? I'm not looking for growth, so I'm not really sure what to do.

Walking Lunges
                            3 sets with 20 lb DB's
                            Each set was 30 steps- as big as I could go, with my knee just touching the floor.

Calves
                            1 set on the hack machine- 90 lbs for 30 reps. I could kept going all day..lol..

My knee hurt during all this but it's not unbearable. It'll hurt more over the next few days. But knee pain is something I'm used to. It wakes me at night sometimes which is not good though.

Tomorrow will be a complete day off and it's my cheat day too Im going to try not to go overboard with it though.

Comment

• irongirl

Yesterday and today, did no cardio or training. Will do both tomorrow. Figured it wouldn't kill me to take 2 days off

Comment

• goes4ever
                                • Sep 2004

you deserve a break

Comment

Working...