irongirl's off season journal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irongirl

LOL...love the new avatar g4e!

Tonights training. Better than expected after working three 12 hour days. I was happy.

Flat DB bench
    (LT) 45 x 7/5/2
    (TT) 45 x 8/6/5

Smith shoulder press
    (LT) 50 x 8/3/2
    (TT) 50 x 9/5/3

Close grip bench
    (LT) 90 x 10/7/5
    (T) 95 x 8/6/6

Wide seated row.....this is something new
    105 x 7/6/5

Deads
    (LT) 210 x 2, 160 x 6
    (TT) 180 x 8, 210 x 4

I was real happy with the deads. The heavy set is still not a PR though. I've done 220 x 4 before a long while ago, but I'm getting there! I am really concentrating on putting up some good numbers here.

That's it....soon time to eat

Comment

• mpresiv

Nice job IG!!

Comment

• irongirl

Nice job IG!!
        Thanks mpresiv

Cardio this morning. I am going with interval training now. Haven't done that in a very long time. I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. Makes the time go much quicker and it's an awesome workout.

So I did it on the treadmill. I'll have to play around with it for a bit til I get it right, but I kept the speed constant at 3.5 and the incline went from 2%- 12%. Did 40 minutes.

I have 10 fucking pounds on that got to come off. I am an idiot!!! I wanted to stay at 160 but I let myself put on those 10 lbs and now I'm pissed at myself. Makes me wonder sometimes if I have what it takes to compete again. I didn't do as well in the 2 comps this year as I should have and it was entirely my own fault. I dunno.

Comment

• goes4ever
          • Sep 2004

don't be so hard on yourself, now you sound like me

Comment

• irongirl

don't be so hard on yourself, now you sound like me
            LOL....I have to be hard on myself, cause no one else is going to be!! No one else cares that I have an extra 1o lbs on. I mean that in a good way- people think I look good, but I'm not happy with it. And it's up to me to do something about it. Know what I mean?

I'm really not being negative, just realistic. Competing is a whole different world. You HAVE to be super strict, etc, and I fell down a bit on that last time. I KNOW what I did wrong and I have to fix it next time in order to look better. That's all! My head was NOT in the right place for the last comps, for some reason. It will be this time for sure!!

Comment

• irongirl

I had a few bad days. Had some things going on. Everything's cool now and I gave myself a big talking to and said "it's now or never" so no more excuses. I gotta get the job done or I'll hate myself.

Yesterday I did 40 minutes cardio just after lunch and trained in the evening.

BB cable burls (new exercise for me)
              90 x 10/7/4

Pinwheels curls
              (LT) 25 x 12
              (TT) 25 x 12

Lying ham curls
              60 x 15
              75 x 10
              60 x 10
              I SUCK at these

BB Lunges (40 lb BB)
              3 sets of 15
              I did them like you told me mpresiv

Close stance Smith Squat (80 lbs on the bar)
              3 sets of 10
              Feet out in front about a foot, ass to the floor

Leg Press
              3 sets of 12 @ 200 lbs

Ok, I need some new forearm exercises- I can't progress on the hammers and pinwheels. And my tennis elbow is acting up. Any suggestions.

My knee is bothering me. I had to wear my patellar strap last night. The other knee, the one I've had multiple surgeries on, is starting to "catch" a lot. I gotta give it a little shake and trty to manipulate it to fix it now and again. I imagine there's cartlilage hanging into the joint like before but I am NOT getting a scope done. I have to buy a gel pack today so I can ice my knee afterwards. I am notoriously bad for not looking after it after I train

Comment

• mpresiv

How do you like those exercises IG?? Did your knee start hurting when you started doing those exercises? Mine dont hurt me but the smith exercise could have a tendency to put a strain on the knees. I really like that exercise cause it hits the outer part of the quads really good. Do you feel it when you do them??

Comment

• irongirl

How do you like those exercises IG?? Did your knee start hurting when you started doing those exercises? Mine dont hurt me but the smith exercise could have a tendency to put a strain on the knees. I really like that exercise cause it hits the outer part of the quads really good. Do you feel it when you do them??
                  The exercises are good mpresiv. I absolutely detest the BB lunges but that's cool. Not as bad on my knee as I thought actually. It's going to hurt a bit anyway until I get used to it. I love the Smith squats. My butt really feels it the next day!! I am starting a new program very shortly. Either on Wed or I'll wait until Monday. This is the link to it. It's designed to bring up lagging bodyparts. Instead of trying to bring down my lower body, I want to try and bring up the upper body. So right now I am going to target shoulders and back. This is the link to the program http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do...ydra?id=753073
                  Good god, I just wrote out the program and it might kill me..lol..fuck it, I'll give it a go and see what happens!! I'll post the program when I get the time.

So impresiv, there will be 2 quad exercises and 1 ham exercise once a week on this new program. 4 sets of 6-8 reps, with 2 min rest in between. So I will alternate weekly with the quad exercises like now, just do the reps/sets as I mentioned above.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Ok, this morning I did cardio- 55 minutes. 30 min on elliptical and 25 min interval training on the treadmill.

Comment

• irongirl

Ok, here's the new program for the few of you that follow this. I would appreciate any comments on my exercise selection if you think it's a little fucked up..lol..

Monday. Is the intensity day. Here we'll focus on heavy lifting in the limit strength (3-5 reps) and functional hypertrophy (6-8 reps) zones.

A. Military Press
                    5 sets of 3-5 reps
                    120 seconds between sets

B. Shoulder press machine
                    4 sets of 6-8 reps
                    90 seconds between sets

C. Lateral Raises
                    4 sets of 6-8 reps
                    90 seconds between sets

Repeat using Deads, Wide Lat Pulls and BB Rows

Tuesday- you train all other bodyparts. No more than 16-20 total sets.

Squats
                    4 sets of 6-8 reps
                    120 seconds of rest

Walking Lunges
                    4 sets of 6-8 reps
                    120 seconds of rest

Lying Ham curls
                    4 sets of 6-8 reps
                    90 seconds of rest

Bench Press
                    3 sets of 8-12 reps
                    60 seconds of rest

BB curls
                    3 sets of 8-12 reps
                    90 seconds of rest

Close Grip Bench
                    3 sets of 8-12 reps
                    60 seconds of rest

I will alternate exercises weekly using Smith squats, BB Lunges, Seated Ham Curls, Flat DB Presses and Declien Skullcrushers

Wednesday Volume Day-which uses the functional hypertrophy (6-8 reps), the hypertrophy (8-12 reps), and the strength-endurance (12-15 reps) zones.

Clean and Press
                    4 sets of 6-8 reps
                    90 seconds of rest

Upright Rows
                    3 x 8-12 reps
                    60 seconds of rest

Incline Bech Rear Lateral Raises
                    3 x 12-15 reps
                    45 seconds of rest

Do the same using Rack Deads, Seated Rows and Reverse Grip Pulls

Thursday- OFF

Friday- the density day-which uses a giant set of three exercises performed without any rest. The zones used are the same as in the volume session, but there's no rest between the three exercises.

Military Press
                    6-8 reps
                    No rest

DB Shoulder Press
                    8-12 reps
                    No rest

Incline Bench Rear Lat Raises
                    12-15 reps
                    3 minutes of rest

Repeat the triple set 3 times.

Do the same using Deads, Lat Pulls and BB Rows

There ya go. Like I said, any comments on the exercises would be much appreciated. If you agree, disagree, have a better suggestion , etc.

Wish me luck

Comment

• PTAaron

I'm kinda confused on this program... but I am at work and my brain is halfway shut down from eating too many cookies (my student makes great cookies)...
                      You'll have to let us all know how it goes! Good luck!

Comment

• Matt76
                        • May 2007

looks interesting. Good luck with it

Comment

• irongirl

I'm kinda confused on this program
                          Confused how?

Of course I'll be posting here how I am doing with it.

Comment

• PTAaron

It probably isn't that confusing - I was just having a bad day and a hard time understanding things Right now I'm drunk, so that won't make it any easier to understand... I'll try it tomorrow

Comment

• irongirl

It probably isn't that confusing - I was just having a bad day and a hard time understanding things Right now I'm drunk, so that won't make it any easier to understand... I'll try it tomorrow
                              lol...gotcha. I read about your trip. I hope things work out alright for you. Women....we're not worth the trouble

Comment

• irongirl

Cardio this morning. 20 min on elliptical, 30 on treadmill. Will train this evening.

Comment

Working...