Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thate
    Vet
    • Mar 2007

egg white omelets lol, I guess it is just part of the routine at this point!

Comment

• CTri17
      Vet
      • Sep 2007

lol I know right....on monday morning when I went to have breakfast I had egg whites and oatmeal w/ natty pb.... good habits die hard...or not at all
      *Christina*

Comment

• CTri17
        Vet
        • Sep 2007

So friday I did 20 min of cardio...nothing tough because I knew I was gonna be hiking the grand canyon on saturday.
        So friday night we drove up to flagstaff and stayed the night with some friends. Then woke up early and drove up to the canyon after some breakfast. We started on the South Kaibab trail head at 9 am, and it was about 40 degrees. There were a ton of switchbacks on that trail, 6.3 miles down to the river, we saw 2 loads of mules and some of the views were absolutely gorgeous. The canyon still was green in some parts because it isnt very hot yet. It took us about 3 hours to get down to the bottom, we were moving at a pretty good pace but with the steepness it took us a little longer.

We ate lunch by the river and then we spent some time sitting by one of the creeks, it was so peaceful. Nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of life. After about a total of an hour or so we started the hike up. At this point we had 9.2 miles to go. At about 1 mile in on the way up I started to get a tension headache because the knots in my traps were crazy. We stopped ever 1.5 miles on the way up; each of those segments taking 45 min so we were moving at a nice clip.

Going up the Bright Angel Trail was AMAZING we went by and over 3-4 streams and there were some incredible views there were trees and some wildflowers, things that you just cant see from the top of the canyon. The incline was pretty steady the first 4.5 miles and then got steeper with more switchbacks after that. The last 3 miles were incredibly tough for me because my headache was pounding and I felt naceous, I just wanted to be to the top. My bf did some releases on my traps to help but they needed some help. But we busted out the last 3.0 miles and it was GLORIOUS to see the top again.

We finished in 9 hours on the nose, so we made pretty decent time considering almost 3/4 of the hike was uphill on the bright angel trail. We caught the bus back to the car, drove down to flagstaff, ate dinner at the olive garden (which I dont think food had ever tasted sooooo good) then drove back down to phoenix and got in about 12:30am. Needless to say it was a very long day but it was a beautiful hike!

I woke up on sunday and my calves and my glute med's were SCREAMING at me haha (and they still are)...but other than that I felt great! Went for a short walk yesterday and hopefully that helped to make me a little less sore! I'll post a link to pictures probably tuesday or wednesday. Gotta find some time to get them all put on there!
        *Christina*

Comment

• Thate
          Vet
          • Mar 2007

that sounds like fun CT

Comment

• Vegas Kid

If you like hiking you should check out Zion National Park. They have some awsome trails, including a very long one where you float down a river as well. (seasonal obviously)

Comment

• CTri17
              Vet
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Vegas Kid
              If you like hiking you should check out Zion National Park. They have some awsome trails, including a very long one where you float down a river as well. (seasonal obviously)
              That's actually one that we are planning to go do, I hear it is Gorgeous!
              *Christina*

Comment

• CTri17
                Vet
                • Sep 2007

Power Clean
                88 x 2 warmup
                108 x 2 warmup
                5 x 2 @ 132

EDT- 10 min
                Squat @ 135
                Inverted pullups x 5
                Pushups x 5
                (last time, 8 sets completed)
                This time 10 sets completed

BB RDL
                3 x 8 @ 132

T Raise
                3 x 10 @ 7.5's

I'll do cardio later and update
                *Christina*

Comment

• CTri17
                  Vet
                  • Sep 2007

I also put up a link to some of the professional shots from the show...they are in the my first show thread
                  *Christina*

Comment

• Thate
                    Vet
                    • Mar 2007

power cleans are badass, haven't done them in ages tho. do you ever add in the jerk or keep it separate?

Comment

• meateater

Originally posted by Thate
                      power cleans are badass, haven't done them in ages tho. do you ever add in the jerk or keep it separate?

I do....all the time

Comment

• Thate
                        Vet
                        • Mar 2007

I'd expect nothing else from ya meat lol

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

that avi looks sick...wow!!

lmfao@Meats

Comment

• CTri17
                            Vet
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Thate
                            typically seperate, I like to go heavy on the cleans and cant go as heavy with the jerks...
                            *Christina*

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

but u do jerk every once in awhile or is it an everyday thing?

Comment

• Hugemidget
                                • May 2007

+1, to the Avi, wicked back detail.
                                POPTARTS BIAATCH!!!

Comment

Working...