X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lokedogg
    Vet
    • Jan 2008

Who among you

bragothon : How here many can curl 75lb dumbells for reps(juiced or otherwise)? I recently (last 2 weeks) backed off all the reps and calisthenics(for 2wks/eod). Definitely needed the break. So I started with a warm up of 45lbx10;50lbsx10;65lbsx10;75lbsx6;80x4-lost form; then back to 75lbs for 8-shit form last 2 reps. Tells me there's little need for direct arm training(as I've always heard) cause mostly I just do different hand position pullups(and EO week weighted pllps). To me this seems superior for arm strength. But I don't get out much and wonder how it stacks up. end bragothon
  • reps
    Vet
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Lokedogg
    bragothon : How here many can curl 75lb dumbells for reps(juiced or otherwise)? I recently (last 2 weeks) backed off all the reps and calisthenics(for 2wks/eod). Definitely needed the break. So I started with a warm up of 45lbx10;50lbsx10;65lbsx10;75lbsx6;80x4-lost form; then back to 75lbs for 8-shit form last 2 reps. Tells me there's little need for direct arm training(as I've always heard) cause mostly I just do different hand position pullups(and EO week weighted pllps). To me this seems superior for arm strength. But I don't get out much and wonder how it stacks up. end bragothon
    LOL bragothon

I have done the 75lbs for ten but didnt really curl heavy or try heavier weight
    Once i curled the hundreds with horrible form but got em for some reps

Comment

• Valkyrie
      • Oct 2008

nah not 75s for a regular curl i can do 65's for 10. Hammer curls i can do 75s for 10. Im also 175lbs and never juiced.

Comment

• Scott21
        VET
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Valkyrie
        nah not 75s for a regular curl i can do 65's for 10. Hammer curls i can do 75s for 10. Im also 175lbs and never juiced.

It's funny I never see 175lb guys at the gym doing 75's for regular, juiced or not! But I regularly hear about them on the internet.

Comment

• IRON37

Most I ever have done was 60-65 pound db's. Any heavier and the loss of form only develops my ego..

anybody ever see the dorks "preacher curling" two 45's on each side of a cambered bar? With two spotters lol. Goes down like 5 inches all screaming/ looking around to see if everyone is watching. I swear it wasnt me

Comment

• Lokedogg
            Vet
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by IRON37
            Most I ever have done was 60-65 pound db's. Any heavier and the loss of form only develops my ego..

anybody ever see the dorks "preacher curling" two 45's on each side of a cambered bar? With two spotters lol. Goes down like 5 inches all screaming/ looking around to see if everyone is watching. I swear it wasnt me
            Yep! And that's the best part of working out at home- You keep it real! I'm gonna have to admit I've been in the gym and wanted to prove I was stronger than everyone else and basically wasted my time. Once over a hot piece of ass I did an 'amazing feat of strength' kind of lift. When I looked around I found she had to have been gone through it all. And the pain, it lasted for months. I'd even like to say I learned my lesson from that experience. But that would be lying. I pulled that shit a few other times. I think I've finally learned my lesson. Least I hope I have. Yeah I have On these db curlz; it wasn't that challenging. It's more a testimony of how much arm strength you can get out of varied pullups! In another 3-6 weeks I'll test out db curl strength again and see. Btw- I'd say most people who claim they've not done as I've mentioned would be lying.

Comment

• mrhtbd

The most I ever curled with dumbbells was 100's for 1.
              This was done in an up-and-down-the-rack set.
              I started with 12 reps at 35's, went up to 1 rep with the 100's, then back to 12 reps with the 35's in 5 lb increments, only resting about 5 seconds between sets.
              The form with the 100lb d-bells was very rough but I got them anyway.
              At that point, it was enough just to hold onto the d-bells.
              That was in 2004 at 235lb bw.
              Last week I did 9x9 with 50's alternate incline curls at 218lb bw.
              Most ever curled was 200 for 6 with a cambered bar on my 6th set in 1984 at 172lbs bw.
              That was before ever trying juice.
              Arnold always was a proponent of cheating as long as one was properly warmed up, but I tend to agree with you that cheating doesn't effectively attenuate the biceps.
              For this I prefer preacher curls, incline dumbbell curls, and reverse curls.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Arnold used to do advertisement's for an apparatus like this in the 1980's. I got one and liked it for my biceps, but found that it put strain on my pec's near my arms by straining them against the metal support. I guess having my shoulders extended forward put undue stress. The strains were enough to miss several workouts and took weeks to recover from. Because of this, I eventually put it away for good.

Comment

• Valkyrie
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DRveejay11
                  Sort of on topic???!!!!! I figued I'd share (sorry Loke).

Anyone ever try this for curls?

I got one a few weeks ago for kicks. Killer Bi's isolation. Love it so far. I thought it would be one more BS scammy piece of JUNK equipment I wasted my money on but I'm very pleased with this thing!
                  Its a cool piece of equipment there is one in my gym but I think most people are hesitant on trying it out.

Comment

• Scott21
                    VET
                    • Oct 2007

I got one a few weeks ago for kicks. Killer Bi's isolation. Love it so far. I thought it would be one more BS scammy piece of JUNK equipment I wasted my money on but I'm very pleased with this thing!

Veejay, we use to have one of those at my gym. Yeah, it looks kind of gay, but man it gave me the best bicep pumps ever! I sure miss it.

Comment

• John Benz
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Scott21
                      It's funny I never see 175lb guys at the gym doing 75's for regular, juiced or not! But I regularly hear about them on the internet.
                      Hell, I never see 250lb guys using 75lb dumbbells for curls. The only time I did was when Ronnie Coleman was in town in 2002 and worked out at the BodyMasters gym. He used 85lb dumbbells for incline curls with strict form. I knew as soon as I read Loke's first post that every idiot on here would claim being able to do the same....or at least curl with 65's for reps.

Comment

• DADAWG
                        Vet
                        • May 2004

my elbows would explode with tendonitis lol. ive done that much and more in the past for hammer curls.
                        NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

Comment

• John Benz
                          Vet
                          • Jan 2004

Arnold shown using this same brace. Notice the moderate weight as form is STRICT. Arnold did use a lot more on straight bar "cheat" curls.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• black7
                            Vet
                            • Feb 2007

GREAT PIC... MAN I MISS MEATEATER AND HIS INFINITE LIBRARY OF COOL PICS
                            Tempus fugit, Carpe diem.

Comment

• reps
                              Vet
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by John Benz
                              Hell, I never see 250lb guys using 75lb dumbbells for curls. The only time I did was when Ronnie Coleman was in town in 2002 and worked out at the BodyMasters gym. He used 85lb dumbbells for incline curls with strict form. I knew as soon as I read Loke's first post that every idiot on here would claim being able to do the same....or at least curl with 65's for reps.
                              im not claiming anything i only speak the truth

Comment

Working...