Thanksgiving recipe's?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

Thanksgiving recipe's?

Anyone want to share a recipe for a Thanksgiving food?
    I am not a chef, but enjoy trying foods I like in different ways.
    Not well versed in cooking, but like to eat and was single for years,
    so I know my way around the kitchen.
    I'm looking forward to having Thanksgiving with the in-laws again.
    If the menu is anything like years past, it will go something like this:
    Roast Turkey with sausage stuffing, both served cold.
    Mashed potatoes from a box mix, cold
    cold green beans
    canned cranberry "gel"
    gravy; heavy
    Beck's light (for me, or otherwise I may not show up)
    wine for my wife and her parents, and then scotch for the in-laws to wash it all down
    Oh yeah, and whatever nasty 2-day old dessert they can get at the super market.

So bump up with some recipes so I don't have to go through Thursday with the attitude,
    "Can't wait until Black Friday!" To which I will bury myself in renovation projects, around the house, to avoid going to stores at any cost.
  • Scotsmark
    VET
    • Apr 2005

We don't do Thanksgiving over here but Christmas dinner is a big thing, usually turkey or goose, whole & roasted. Served with roast potatoes, mash (from fresh), veg from; sprouts, carrots, peas, green beans, etc. chipolata sausages wrapped in streaky bacon (roasted in oven).
    Starters can be soup, melon balls, prawn cocktail
    Dessert has to be Christmas pudding with brandy sauce, hot!

Comment

• Lokedogg
      Vet
      • Jan 2008

One of the things I'm having for TG tommorrow(wife's only off wed) . It's quick, easy and tastes great. ----------------------------------------------------------Green Bean Casserole KitchenIngredients: 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup OR Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup1/2 cup milk1 tsp. soy sauceDash ground black pepper4 cups cooked cut green beans1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions____________________________________________ _Directions:MIX soup, milk, soy, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in 1 1/2-qt. casserole.-------------------------------------------------------BAKE at 350°F. for 25 min. or until hot.STIR . Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 min.-------------------------------------------------------------TIP: Use 1 bag (16 to 20 oz.) frozen green beans, 2 pkg. (9 oz. each) frozen green beans, 2 cans (about 16 oz. each) green beans or about 1 1/2 lb. fresh green beans for this recipe.___________________________________________ __For a change of pace, substitute 4 cups cooked broccoli flowerets for the green beans.-----------------------------------------------------------------For a creative twist, stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Omit soy sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup additional Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.----------------------------------------------------------------For a festive touch, stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with soup.-------------------------------------------------------------------For a heartier mushroom flavor, substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with green beans

Comment

• Lokedogg
        Vet
        • Jan 2008

Also she's making this: Crabbery with pomegranate_______________________________________________ Ingredients ? 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed and sorted ? 1 cup white sugar ? 1 cup orange juice ? 1 teaspoon orange zest ? 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves ? 2 cinnamon sticks ? 1 pomegranate, peeled and seeds separated Directions ________________________ 1. Mix the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, ground cloves, and cinnamon sticks together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool. _________________________ 2. Stir the pomegranate seeds into the cranberry mixture, and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove the cinnamon sticks before serving.

Comment

• John Benz
          Vet
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lokedogg
          One of the things I'm having for TG tommorrow(wife's only off wed) . It's quick, easy and tastes great. ----------------------------------------------------------Green Bean Casserole KitchenIngredients: 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup OR Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup1/2 cup milk1 tsp. soy sauceDash ground black pepper4 cups cooked cut green beans1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions____________________________________________ _Directions:MIX soup, milk, soy, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in 1 1/2-qt. casserole.-------------------------------------------------------BAKE at 350°F. for 25 min. or until hot.STIR . Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 min.-------------------------------------------------------------TIP: Use 1 bag (16 to 20 oz.) frozen green beans, 2 pkg. (9 oz. each) frozen green beans, 2 cans (about 16 oz. each) green beans or about 1 1/2 lb. fresh green beans for this recipe.___________________________________________ __For a change of pace, substitute 4 cups cooked broccoli flowerets for the green beans.-----------------------------------------------------------------For a creative twist, stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Omit soy sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup additional Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.----------------------------------------------------------------For a festive touch, stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with soup.-------------------------------------------------------------------For a heartier mushroom flavor, substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with green beans
          My ex used to make casseroles very similar and I'm gonna try your recipe on for size. Sounds great and I miss those as I am a frugal cook. I'm going to my brother's on Thursday, but I'll make this casserole for me and Sarah tomorrow.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Sweet idea, love green bean casserole.
            Hey, do you ever add sliced almonds with this?
            Mmm, cranberries and pomelgranate, yum, love both of those as well.
            Any ideas to make these with low sugar, my father-in-law is diabetic?
            Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...