X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P. Bateman
    Vet
    • Mar 2009

First 'real' injury.

I'm messing around with a training partner on the mats, we're on the ground and I have side control trying to transition into a full mount.

I make my move, but as I'm doing so my partner swivels his hips and in the process some how manages to dislocate my left shoulder.

F**ker's still struggling and I'm trying to maintain position so my shoulder is moving in all sorts of funky ways. It pops back in just moments later and I managed to take his back and submit him with the choke.

Since then it's been constantly aching. First couple days it felt like it was ready to just pop right out again. Went to the hospital, they immobilized it and told me to leave it alone for a week.

For those who have had a dislocated shoulder; have you had chronic issues since dislocating it, or has it been able to heal 100%?
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

One of those injuries that varies from person to person, it depends on the degree of damege done to tendon and ligaments and if you tore the rotator or not.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• tlane
      VET
      • Oct 2007

My friend dislocated his knee like that... it's better now but he did have to have surgical repairs on it. He also dislocated his shoulder it doesnt ever hurt him but it pops out at least once a year on him, last time washing his car, hand slipped shoulder popped out. I don't think there is anything he can do about that. Hope it heals up for you bro.
      Last edited by tlane; 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM. Reason: word

Comment

• mrhtbd

Three weeks later I started doing light curls and stuff. About 5 weeks later I started a full, 3xwk workout with just 3 exercises per day:
        Pull-ups supersetted with dips (10x10) then 9x9 lateral raises. Gained 5 1/2" on my chest in 3 months, and went from my original max of 11 pullups to a total of 27 after 3 months.
        Certain movements give more pain. Don't do them.

Comment

• bufbiker

Everyone I know that has seperatwed their shoulder has reoccuring problems. I wold get it looke at if you have insurance. If not then slowly work the rotator cuff muscles/tendons etc.

Comment

• ozzy69
            • Jun 2011

glycomann might have some experience in this what till he gets online and he will have a good answer

me--id see a doctor about it they may suggest some simple therapy for it

Comment

• workingout
              VET
              • Apr 2004

PB, that sucks. I lost my ACL and MCL on the mats last june. I can still roll but only starting from a down position. No more take-downs for me...which also means no more competing until I have the surgery. Best wishes for you and your shoulder
              He who does not strike first is the first stricken.

BS ESS

Comment

• John Benz
                Vet
                • Jan 2004

A good friend of mine tore both rotator cuffs and was scheduled for surgery about 10 years ago. The local country vet gave her a shot of adequan in both shoulders and the rotators healed up as good as new without surgery.

Comment

• Joe0690
                  Vet
                  • Mar 2007

from what i have learned not experienced once u dislocate it the ligments/tendons maybe be stretched causing it to feel loose and make it dislocate much easier and the more it happens the more it will happpen the best way to help the shoulder joint would be to train all the surrounding muscles to keep it in place after your initial time off that is so upper pec shoulder muscles and upper back

Comment

Working...