X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigSickD
    Vet
    • May 2004

Originally posted by stumpyone
    Curious, why e and sust instead of prop?
    I will switch to prop when I cut, my body responds well to e and sus.
    BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• BigSickD
      Vet
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Freezerdude
      looks high to me but you know your body better than anyone else. I think before it's over you'll wanna go up on the gh just my .02.. anyway, Good luck brother!!
      I have been on Gh since last December, I plan on upping it to 8ius a day when I cut. I will stay at 5 during the bulk, may even drop to 3.
      BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• Glycomann

i wonder is it even possible to do a show with moderate compound use and just rely on diet and training. I know this sounds sarcastic or something but that's not how I mean it. In a lot of sport one of the main components of a winning strategy is just to get out there and compete. In the longer or medium time frame the experience gathered goes a lot further than banking it all on a couple competitions. Like when I was still fighting and in the beginning I didn't even worry about making weight or who my competition was. I just showed up and fought in 2-3 divisions.

it just seems like a crazy sport. Huge expense and shooting the whole wad for 1 or two comps per year. Is there a way to do more comps with less intense preparation? How much real difference does it make to walk into a competition at 5% BF carrying the whole kitchen sink versus some moderate cycle? Chances are with limited experience nobody except a genetic marvel is going to walk in and win the division and overall the first, second, or third show just like I was not going to win a northeastern championship with like a couple years of experience fighting. But still I went and got seasoned and racked in the trinkets a few years later.

How do you get longevity in this sport? How do the guys that last decades get it done? There has got to be a strategy that doesn't require 4 grams of AAS and 10 iu of GH and everything else, just to get on stage at 5% and 220lbs.. or even 195 or whatever. Seems like everyone I know that has jumped up on stage no matter what the outcome has come away with something useful for the next time. Just saying.

Comment

• BigSickD
          Vet
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Glycomann
          i wonder is it even possible to do a show with moderate compound use and just rely on diet and training. I know this sounds sarcastic or something but that's not how I mean it. In a lot of sport one of the main components of a winning strategy is just to get out there and compete. In the longer or medium time frame the experience gathered goes a lot further than banking it all on a couple competitions. Like when I was still fighting and in the beginning I didn't even worry about making weight or who my competition was. I just showed up and fought in 2-3 divisions.

it just seems like a crazy sport. Huge expense and shooting the whole wad for 1 or two comps per year. Is there a way to do more comps with less intense preparation? How much real difference does it make to walk into a competition at 5% BF carrying the whole kitchen sink versus some moderate cycle? Chances are with limited experience nobody except a genetic marvel is going to walk in and win the division and overall the first, second, or third show just like I was not going to win a northeastern championship with like a couple years of experience fighting. But still I went and got seasoned and racked in the trinkets a few years later.

How do you get longevity in this sport? How do the guys that last decades get it done? There has got to be a strategy that doesn't require 4 grams of AAS and 10 iu of GH and everything else, just to get on stage at 5% and 220lbs.. or even 195 or whatever. Seems like everyone I know that has jumped up on stage no matter what the outcome has come away with something useful for the next time. Just saying.
          Actually bro, that is moderate compound usage.

Comment

• Glycomann

Bizarre sport. Even at the local level seems everyone does one or two contests a year. I don't know how you get stage presence or stage savvy like that. Since it's pageant like maybe it's just not that complex.

Comment

• Shovel
              VET
              • Jul 2011

Me too BSD, but I used to get snowed in for weeks at a time in the middle of summer. Lol
              I should probably stfu, again...
              Semper Fi

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Glycomann
                Bizarre sport. Even at the local level seems everyone does one or two contests a year. I don't know how you get stage presence or stage savvy like that. Since it's pageant like maybe it's just not that complex.
                Its all about improving from show to show bro. Since muscle shape can't be changed, that improvement usually comes in either being bigger, more cut or both. Obviously the latter is the target. To put more size on takes time. Cutting for a show is draining, and takes time to recover afterwards, not to mention the size-building process again. Hell, back in VA I knew a dude that competed like 6x per year. He won alot of small, local shows, but he always looked the same year after year. I tried telling him he needs to chill on competing for a year and add some mass. He didn't wanna hear it.lol He weighed all of 165 onstage at 5'10. Many guys are like that - satisfied with being a big fish in a small pond. But to go places, that style don't cut it.

Comment

• BigSickD
                  Vet
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Shovel
                  Me too BSD, but I used to get snowed in for weeks at a time in the middle of summer. Lol
                  I should probably stfu, again...
                  Bwaahahaha..yep

Comment

Working...