UFC 159 Jones vs. Sonnen

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

UFC 159 Jones vs. Sonnen

Shit's goin' down tonight, and I get to watch it for free as always over here in Philippines hehe! Everybody talkin' how Jones is gonna put it on his ass, but if Chael can keep it on the ground, he could put a hurtin' on Jones like he did with Silva in the first fight. Should be a good one - what's everyones take?
  • A1food4u

I think I'd give Jones the edge on the ground as well. He really uses his height well. And with Sonnen on his back, one of those elbows might lay him open and end it.....

Comment

• irish_2003
      Vet
      • Oct 2011

only two fights i want to see...sonnen destroying jones and belcher embarassing bisping

Comment

• dalnkwnt
        Vet
        • Oct 2011

Jones by choke in round one....idk what kinda choke but its gonna be tight
        MOD@massmonsterz.com

MOD@TheFitnessboard.com

Comment

• Overload
          Vet
          • Jun 2012

Jones will win this easily IMO.

Comment

• A.B
            VET
            • Jun 2004

I want sonnen to win simply for sending the LHW division into complete disarray. Jones by whatever he chooses.

Belcher and bisping, would LOVE to see bisping KTFO but expect him to decision belcher

Comment

• bufbiker

So who won? I watched the free part on FX but didn't do the pay per view.
              I like sonnen and on the other main event like besping.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Jones owned him - took Chaels own game right to him being the aggressor and taking him down. He won by TKO in Rd 1 with elbows & punches to the head. Chael, with a bloodied up face, initially disputed the stoppage saying he was defending, but in the post-fight interview he said the decision was correct and said Jones was the better man.

I enjoyed seeing Big Country Roy Nelson K.O Kongo. These guys physiques are at opposite ends of the spectrum - big Roy lookin' like he wants another bag of Cheetos and a beer haha. Dudes got crazy power in those haymakers.

Comment

• irish_2003
                  Vet
                  • Oct 2011

early stoppage by ref in sonnen/jones...sonnen was still defending and moving when it was stopped...jones broken toe would have been different outcome had the ref not pull the plug...

too many early stops over the recent years to think that dana white has his favorites he wants to win and make him more money and it's obvious in many fights with the outcomes...

Comment

• A1food4u

Originally posted by irish_2003
                    too many early stops over the recent years to think that dana white has his favorites he wants to win and make him more money and it's obvious in many fights with the outcomes...
                    I think that he's more of a businessman trying to protect his product....in many ways the early stop sucks, but it does prevent lasting damage. I think it's also about appealing to the free tv audience....they are making mainstream headway and a death in the ring will kill that for sure...not saying Sonnen couldn't have come back but an elbow to the nose at the right angle or a brutal temple shot is always a possibility with one guy on his back and the other whaling away...

Comment

Working...