Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Cancelled surgery "AGAIN!"

Dr said his office would call on Monday to schedule the stress test he ordered; no call. I called and left my contact info; today, no call. Surgery was scheduled for next Wednesday, Doc wanted to schedule the stress test for Monday, but that would only allow me one day's pay for the week. I say bullsh*t! Screw their stupid test and to hell with the surgery, I have other priorities. New apartment comes first because I need to move unencumbered, not with stitches or whatever. Back arms and legs are mobile, limber, strong and loose again. Diet is dialed in and I'm finally holding 40 pounds down from January (don't even feel hunger any more)! Plenty of fresh greens, fruit, oats and water; good stuff. Plus, with the severe heat this summer, many at work have been skipping multiple days, while yours truly has been showing up daily, working long hours to get the orders out, and doing the dirty, lowly jobs quietly and efficiently and now am back in favor with management and especially the owner. Busy shop with OT, not the time to take off. Surgery can wait. Down 6 (and to the last beltloop on two belts now) for 3 weeks now, sweating all day, leaning out so much my pants are hanging. Shooting now for 235 and a new apartment for me and my kids. Fall sports starting soon and I got the best news ever last week from my 16 year old daughter. She said she's "not doing field hockey this fall," although she was set for Varsity this season. I don't overact to these comments, and simply said, "Good, now you can start swimming practice 3 weeks early!" She dropped the b*mb, "Well, I'm not going to do that either!" I went into Dad panic mode, "Oh no, we've lost her, its late night parties and purple hair from now on," but maintained my outward composure while adding, "Oh, well what do you intend to do?" That's when she said it, she said, "Well, I kind-of was hoping to lift weights!" ("Whaat," I thought, "whaaat?") Then she said the coolest thing, "With you!" All I could muster was, "Really?" "Yeah," she said, "I thought we could get a membership at LA Fitness and lift weights together!" Wow, I thought, that is some serious motivation, yeah, so the surgery can wait. I've got more serious things to do; work, move, stabilize, lift weights with my 16 year old daughter pre-season so she (in her words) "can gain some weight and build muscle!" Yeah, Doctors and stress tests can wait, I got chit-to-do! Later...
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

And when that hernia strangles your intestine and kills you your daughter will be fatherless......yep wise moves as usual on your part.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Man up and get the surgery.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A1food4u

There has to be a way to get that taken care of!!! If it cinches off you'll be down along time with infections...

Good news on the daughter, that she see's spending time with you as a viable alternative to kid stuff is a testament to you as a dad... good on ya

Comment

• Darkness
          • Apr 2011

I had to cancel a vasectomy last week due to a scheduled activity is overlooked

Comment

• mrhtbd
            • Apr 2015

More important is to move away from an abusive living arrangement. Moving my stuff out Friday and Saturday. Need a full weeks pay next week to get a decent apartment by Sept 1st, for me and with an extra bedroom set up for my two daughters for their weekends. I scheduled the stress test for Aug 28th at 7:45AM. A 3 hour test so then I can work from noon to 5. The surgery is now scheduled for September 6th. This morning I weighed 242, that's down 40 pounds since January. The surgery is 3 weeks away. Hoping to be at 235 then. Time to take the reins.

Comment

• Thate
              Vet
              • Mar 2007

why would an apartment have priority over your health??

Comment

• Thate
                Vet
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Darkness
                I had to cancel a vasectomy last week due to a scheduled activity is overlooked
                Keep us posted on your surgery bro, I'm considering this myself.

Comment

• mrhtbd
                  • Apr 2015

I need to move boxes. At this point I know my limitations, after surgery is unsure. Hell or high water I will be in a new place by September first. The surgery was moved again, to September 20th. Been 240 since Tues. morn, hope to bee at 232 for the surgery.

Comment

• Darkness
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                    More important is to move away from an abusive living arrangement. Moving my stuff out Friday and Saturday. Need a full weeks pay next week to get a decent apartment by Sept 1st, for me and with an extra bedroom set up for my two daughters for their weekends. I scheduled the stress test for Aug 28th at 7:45AM. A 3 hour test so then I can work from noon to 5. The surgery is now scheduled for September 6th. This morning I weighed 242, that's down 40 pounds since January. The surgery is 3 weeks away. Hoping to be at 235 then. Time to take the reins.
                    What the phuck are you talking about "abusive living arrangement" ??????

Is some chick beating your ass? Wtf

Comment

• Dakota
                      VET
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Darkness
                      What the phuck are you talking about "abusive living arrangement" ??????

Is some chick beating your ass? Wtf
                      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• millenium girl
                        • Apr 2006

Please take care of yourself. Your health comes first.
                        Don't forget to join
                        http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
                        http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

Working...