X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • USNCTT
    VET
    • Aug 2006

Rich Piana.

Well it has been confirmed this morning that Rich Piana has also passed away. What a crazy week for bodybuilding
  • Glycomann

Damn..

Comment

• A1food4u

Let the AAS beat down begin....

Comment

• bufbiker

Are they saying due to an enlarged heart, or irreversible brain damage?

Comment

• choke

Wow. I saw the stories that popped up a couple weeks ago that turned out false; but it seems that it was truly a bad thing that happened.

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Rich Piana Dead at 46 ... After Medical Emergency

Bodybuilding sensation Rich Piana has died ... nearly 3 weeks after going into a coma following a medical emergency at his Florida apartment, TMZ Sports has learned.

We broke the story ... Piana collapsed while getting a haircut on August 7. His girlfriend, Chanel, tried to revive him but was unable to wake him.

Piana was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was placed into a medically induced coma -- but was unable to recover.

The District Six Medical Examiner in Florida confirms Piana passed away early Friday morning at the hospital.

A preliminary search at his apartment revealed more than 20 bottles of steroids and a white powder -- but it's unclear if the substances played a role in his death.

46-year-old Piana competed and won several bodybuilding competitions over the years -- including Mr. California -- and became an Instagram sensation, racking up more than 1 million followers.

R.I.P.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

Watch the media run with this. He is the perfect icon for anti-steroid coverage.
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• willsgotrythm
                Vet
                • Jul 2012

That's hard to believe, but if anybody it would be him to be the poster child for what NOT to do. I thought he was pretty cool but too over the top. RIP RIch

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

RIP Rich. Not many can say this comes as a surprise. Live fast & hard somethings gotta give. What a sad week in the bb community wow.

Comment

• Darkness
                    • Apr 2011

I liked Him. I mean I'm glad he wasn't my neighbor or coworker but I liked to listen to his rants.
                    Last edited by Darkness; 08-27-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• liftsiron
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Darkness
                      I liked Him. I mean I'm glad he wasn't my neighbor or coworker but I liked to listen to his rants.
                      Actually I found him entertaining, sorry to see he died.
                      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• USNCTT
                        VET
                        • Aug 2006

I've been reading that it was a drug overdose.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                          • Apr 2006

He supposedly had a massive heart attack while getting a hair cut in the restroom. He fell and hit his head. Supposedly he tested clean w/ no Recs in his system. A good source stated that the 'white powder' was being used by somebody else....and we only know there were 2 in the house at the time. He also supposedly had increased brain damage due to the length of time it took for his GF to call 911.

Something fishy seems to have went on, but I of course don't know, and hopefully it's nothing. I've heard his current GF was also calling his ex-GF before she called 911. Guess she forgot about the 'white powder and straw' though....<rolleyes>

Here is a post by Iabadman from ProfessionalMuscle the other day:

Fyi .....i talked family of rich s .....he died of a massive heart attack .....no recs were in his system ....he had been warned by dr s recently and was trying to come to grips changing his lifestyle and look ......apparently it was really hard for him to face .... ( if he became a 200 lb guy on hrt ....all that pmma in arms ,delts forearms and chest would have looked super bad and he was afraid how he would be seen he also regretted all the extreme tats while getting older ) its sad he ran out of time to face his fears ....you never know when your time is up .....so dont put things off til tomorrow........you guys get mad at dantes warnings ,but it is pretty sad to see guys dying at 25 - 50ish ........i knew mattarazo ...his death was so sad and he left behind a daughter .......to think of atwood ...nasser ..kovacs ..duval ....smith ...vandersteem ...defero ..raty gromules ..fuller ....kowak ...demayo .sarchetti sp ? And so and so on die so young is sad ....i collect old bbing mags ....the numbers of giuys dying under 65 is scary ....i bet if you could ask those guys now if it was worth it they say no .....even rich .....his life was the glam he projected ....it was a constant hustle ....especially his 20s and 30s .....i promise you being big and trying to make it was always a huge tiring struggle for him .....i hope now he has peace ....and maybe he and dallas s deaths wake some of you up ......if all stopped trying so hard to be different we would really just see we are all really the same .....
                          Last edited by MR. BMJ; 08-28-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...