Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

The Mayweather - McGregor "fight"

Let's hear ya'lls takes.

Read today FM said he couldn't spar for a month before the fight bcoz his hands hurt so bad he had to rest them for the fight.

I call bullshit. That fight was staged IMO. FM fought half speed, half everything, AND walking CM down from rd 1?? COMPLETE different style of fight than he's ever fought before. Get da fuckk outta here. Yeah 40, yeah 2 year layoff - I get that. He said he was gonna do that prior to the fight "Bcoz I let the fans down in the Pac fight, so I will make up for it now" pfffffffft. Since when has FM ever gave a fukk what the fans think of his boring ass style??lol IMO he "let" this fight be half-ways decent, and for good reason...MORE $$$$!

Mark my word - there WILL be a rematch. CM talking he ran out of gas. Other than that, he appeared to be doing great up til then. That will be the setup for the rematch - "I didn't do enough cardio. I was used to 5 rounds, not 12. But THIS time, I KNOW what to do - I WILL be in shape, and WILL win this fight just like I won the early rounds before I got tired." Perfect. I know every CM fan will pay to watch that for SURE! You won't find ONE CM fan complaining that he lost. Everyone of them is praising him for doing oh sooo well. Indeed, if that fight was real, he damn sure did. But it wasn't. And the Mayweather fans will pay again too bcoz FM: "Sorry I let my fans down with a lackluster performance. THIS time, my hands will be rested, I will be sharper. I wasn't my old self due to the long layoff. THIS time, I'm gonna KO him QUICK!". Bwahaha. This shit is all too perfect to NOT have a rematch. It all adds up.

Btw, the 2 judges that had Mayweather winning that "fight" 8-1 prior to the 10th should be banned from boxing PERMANENTLY! I had it even - 4-4-1 going into the 10th. Most others in the know of the game had it very close also.
  • Moto Ace
    Vet
    • Dec 2015

I am just sorry I stayed up and watched it

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I seen many worse fights, I kind of enjoyed it.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• millenium girl
        • Apr 2006

All I know is that the shirt white guy was an arrogant "Jack Russell". Glad he lost. If I had been his opponent I would have punched him in the face before the fight already.
        Don't forget to join
        http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
        http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• A1food4u

Money talks.... but neither of these guys should ever have to fight again... what a payday

Comment

• Dakota
            VET
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
            Let's hear ya'lls takes.

Read today FM said he couldn't spar for a month before the fight bcoz his hands hurt so bad he had to rest them for the fight.

I call bullshit. That fight was staged IMO. FM fought half speed, half everything, AND walking CM down from rd 1?? COMPLETE different style of fight than he's ever fought before. Get da fuckk outta here. Yeah 40, yeah 2 year layoff - I get that. He said he was gonna do that prior to the fight "Bcoz I let the fans down in the Pac fight, so I will make up for it now" pfffffffft. Since when has FM ever gave a fukk what the fans think of his boring ass style??lol IMO he "let" this fight be half-ways decent, and for good reason...MORE $$$$!

Mark my word - there WILL be a rematch. CM talking he ran out of gas. Other than that, he appeared to be doing great up til then. That will be the setup for the rematch - "I didn't do enough cardio. I was used to 5 rounds, not 12. But THIS time, I KNOW what to do - I WILL be in shape, and WILL win this fight just like I won the early rounds before I got tired." Perfect. I know every CM fan will pay to watch that for SURE! You won't find ONE CM fan complaining that he lost. Everyone of them is praising him for doing oh sooo well. Indeed, if that fight was real, he damn sure did. But it wasn't. And the Mayweather fans will pay again too bcoz FM: "Sorry I let my fans down with a lackluster performance. THIS time, my hands will be rested, I will be sharper. I wasn't my old self due to the long layoff. THIS time, I'm gonna KO him QUICK!". Bwahaha. This shit is all too perfect to NOT have a rematch. It all adds up.

Btw, the 2 judges that had Mayweather winning that "fight" 8-1 prior to the 10th should be banned from boxing PERMANENTLY! I had it even - 4-4-1 going into the 10th. Most others in the know of the game had it very close also.
            5-5 minute rounds is 25 minutes with 4 minutes rest. 9-3 minute rounds is 27 minutes with 9 minutes rest. FM calculated that he needed to take CM deep to put him away without a significant chance of catching a lucky blow on the chin. He did that.
            The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• bufbiker

I enjoyed the fight. For me the interest stemmed from McGregor stepping into the boxing ring. I think the fight was stopped prematurely due to my observation that McGregor wasn't hurt, he was just so tired he could barely walk. He earned the right to at least make it into the next round. I agree with DOG that th e judges who scored 8-1for Mayweather were extremely prejudiced and were watching an entirely different fight.
              I e seen worse, like the Pacheo fight. Forgive my spelling.
              The fight was entertaining for me.

Comment

• theprince
                Banned
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Dakota
                5-5 minute rounds is 25 minutes with 4 minutes rest. 9-3 minute rounds is 27 minutes with 9 minutes rest. FM calculated that he needed to take CM deep to put him away without a significant chance of catching a lucky blow on the chin. He did that.
                Exactly.

That was one of the best boxing matches I ever watched. FM was in trouble the first four rounds Conor was ravaging him no disputing that. The fact is Conor was good enough to go 10 rounds with him and lost because of his endurance. FM been doing this since he was child and he did calculate everything well and honestly for him not to get dropped by Conor I have a lot more respect for him. CM is fucking animal

Like I tell everyone now that this fight has sailed, these two guys are both Kings, in their own domain.

Comment

• theprince
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2015

The FM and Pac fight was definitely rigged. You always can tell a rigged fight when you have that much talent and nothing happens.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by theprince
                    Exactly.

That was one of the best boxing matches I ever watched.
                    You GOTTA be kidding eh? If you're serious, you haven't watched many boxing matches.

Comment

• theprince
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                      You GOTTA be kidding eh? If you're serious, you haven't watched many boxing matches.
                      No I'm not kidding. I'm not as experienced with watching boxing matches but I do watch mma and from how McGregor was boxing with Mayweather it was something I think surprised a lot of people.

Comment

• Darkness
                        • Apr 2011

Hello WWE

Comment

• Glycomann

Go back and watch a few Mayweather fights. He almost always starts out slow and that's when he figures out the patterns. Then by round 3-4 he starts picking the opponent apart. Mayweather stood in front of McGregor more than most of his opponents this fight, which made it more exciting. McGregor was surprisingly able to hit Mayweather a lot in the first 3 rounds. I think that was the biggest shock for hardcore boxing fans. I heard more than a couple say that was part of Mayweather's strategy. I laughed and said no strategy included allowing yourself to get punched 111 timed in the head.

Comment

• liftsiron
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2003

I thought that the fight was much better than I expected.
                            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Glycomann
                              Go back and watch a few Mayweather fights. He almost always starts out slow and that's when he figures out the patterns. Then by round 3-4 he starts picking the opponent apart. Mayweather stood in front of McGregor more than most of his opponents this fight, which made it more exciting. McGregor was surprisingly able to hit Mayweather a lot in the first 3 rounds. I think that was the biggest shock for hardcore boxing fans. I heard more than a couple say that was part of Mayweather's strategy. I laughed and said no strategy included allowing yourself to get punched 111 timed in the head.
                              Been a big fight fan since 7 since my old man boxed and had me boxing young. I've watched almost all his fights. Only time he lost first 3-4 rds in a fight was against Judah - and he was actually FASTER than FM. He finally figured him out though. Other than that, I can't remember a fight where he lost the first 3-4 rds. Floyd slips more punches than anyone in that even punches landed are more like grazing blows and not flush. Sure MC landed some shots, but prolly of those 111, 100 were grazing. You can see FM's face is spotless at the end of the fight - 111 punches from a supposed "hard hitter" would appear to do at least SOME damage.

I can understand how some can see this fight as legit though when you factor in Floyd is 40, hasn't fought in 2 years, and couldn't spar for 30 days leading up to the fight. But I've watched it several times, and I keep getting the same take of it looks like Floyd was having fun in there and letting him hang around to give the fans a show, and could have poured it on and taken him out (TKO not KO) any time he wanted.

Just my take.

Comment

Working...