Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Post op

Umbilical hernia repair Wednesday, September 20, 2017. Cute nurses... that's all I remember. Not bad heh? I had a big pad and support belt gizmo when I woke up. Very painful, didn't know what to expect. Gave me codeine but I don't like downer crap. Especially because they put stuff in it to make you constipated; asses! Doc told me to take a stool softener but I didn't, then by Friday I was so bloated I was cramping up. Too little too late I took the softener which helped by late Saturday. I took the meds and got lots of sleep after moving the last of my furniture on Friday to my storage. New apartment on the 1st of October. Felt good to remove the bandages on Friday and shower, up to then I used cucumber wipes (highly recommended)!
    Slept all day Saturday; hips started to hurt so I showered and took a walk, did the trick. Slept from 8pm Sat night to 4am Sunday morning (regular rising time). Made pancakes then read for 3 hours. Spent 2 1/2 hours today hulling hickory nuts outside; felt good. Food already made/packed for work this week. I'll be there working at 6AM tomorrow. I got this!
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Get well quickly buddy.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• bufbiker

Aren't you supposed to take something like 6 weeks off? You're already moving furniture and now going back to work? Don't rush it.

Comment

• A1food4u

Dude... nothing to mess with, tear something new and you'll be down awhile

Comment

• Dakota
          VET
          • Feb 2017

I have to do the same surgery and was advised I will not be allowed to lift for 4 weeks.
          The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• mrhtbd
            • Apr 2015

Four months ago I made a model of a product we produce (on the fly) which the owner said had to be at the guys business by five clock on a Friday. (It takes 45 minutes to drive there from our shop). I made it in 5 1/2 hours using spare parts, then I drove it to the guy's business in my own pick-up, getting there by 4:30. The guy took it to a convention in New York City for three days and then give us an order for 52 more. The aluminum cover alone for the thing cost $900, so you can imagine how much the contract was worth. Our fabrication shop has been working the past seven weeks making various parts for this unit. I inspected the stock during that time, corrected many errors, inventoried and ordered necessary hardware, wrote a Technical assembly manual, and today I started assembling different sections on the workbench that I built while the owner was on vacation last month. All parts are organized. By the end of the workday, the owner came up to me and said he "wanted to give me a company email address." (I can assemble this project in three hours less than the next fastest guy in the shop, so it's my baby). It was tough working 10 hours today, on my feet in a 90° shop, but I made it happen with focus and a high rate of production. Maybe the owner has some plans for me after all. Early to bed, tired, sore, and 4AM comes early.

Comment

• A1food4u

was the surgery orthoscopic or did they lay you open? either way on your feet that soon for that long is being fool hardy... I get the necessity and that the boss really appreciated it but your daughter's won't be taken care of if your bleeding out on the inside dude

Comment

• mrhtbd
                • Apr 2015

I have a 4" incision (the shape of a smile) an inch below my belly button where the doctor inserted mesh. It's healing very well. I wear an elastic waist band at work with a T-shirt under it and my work Polo over top. Hot but helps air circulate. No signs of irritation or infection. Yesterday I had to restack several skids of heavy (40lb) bases which was not uncomfortable. Plenty of sleep. Feel better all around.

Comment

• millenium girl
                  • Apr 2006

So glad you feel better
                  Don't forget to join
                  http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
                  http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

Working...